News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

SSG

That video was enjoyable. I like that guy and his daughter. So cute.

When they were using the crane to position metal beams for the vertical construction, the construction worker was on the second level and had to walk to the middle of the beam to help position it in place. Did he have something on in case he fell?!

giphy.gif

The Mur

Saw some pictures on Twitter; looks like some trees may have been planted on the berm down on the Hungry Bear side. Looking for some to post here.

Practical Pig

Here's a grainy zoomed picture, purloined from the Mice Chat project tracker thread, of a SWL map within the construction zone showing color coded zones:

SWL Zones Close-Up.jpg

It's cropped from this photo from Mint Crocodiles latest update:

SWL Zones.jpg

And a crop of the Mice Age map for comparison:

riversofamerica-new-03-X3 copy 2.jpg

Obviously, the green is Battle Escape, the purple is Falcon and that pinky-orange color is shopping, dining, and meet-and-greets. The yellow includes the new berm fronting the river, but is that all it is? It seems like a very large area to be just that.

britain

Here's a grainy zoomed picture, purloined from the Mice Chat project tracker thread, of a SWL map within the construction zone showing color coded zones:

View attachment 192971

It's cropped from this photo from Mint Crocodiles latest update:

View attachment 192975

And a crop of the Mice Age map for comparison:

View attachment 192977

Obviously, the green is Battle Escape, the purple is Falcon and that pinky-orange color is shopping, dining, and meet-and-greets. The yellow includes the new berm fronting the river, but is that all it is? It seems like a very large area to be just that.

I spotted that too, thanks for posting!

I think those pinky orange buildings are, taken together, about twice the size of similar buildings in New Orleans Square. And the yellow isn't just he berm, but the whole closed off riverbed and Tom Sawyer island as well.

BrianLo

Original Poster
Ack! Someone needs a telephoto lens in the parks stat!!

What's interesting is there is a large variation with the MF layout like @Old Mouseketeer suggested.

On the other hand the layout is seemingly more organic to allow an eventual connection to Toontown.

Practical Pig

I spotted that too, thanks for posting!

I think those pinky orange buildings are, taken together, about twice the size of similar buildings in New Orleans Square. And the yellow isn't just he berm, but the whole closed off riverbed and Tom Sawyer island as well.

Ah, the riverbed included in the yellow makes sense. Maybe the construction zone part of TSI.

Practical Pig

Ack! Someone needs a telephoto lens in the parks stat!!

What's interesting is there is a large variation with the MF layout like @Old Mouseketeer suggested.

On the other hand the layout is seemingly more organic to allow an eventual connection to Toontown.

That picture was taken from Mickey and Friends, so there's already a pretty big zoom in on it, but yes, somebody with an ultra-long lens get up there before it's gone.

The angle of the shot is slightly distorting the image, but yeah, there's some variation. Still, I think the MC map is holding up pretty well considering how long ago it was published.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom