News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Phroobar

Looking at the map, there will be a walk way from Frontierland to Fantasyland that won't go through SWL. It looks like the train will be on top of a rock wall on the side of the walk way. Guests could see the elevated train on the rock wall next to them.

BrianLo

Original Poster
Rather, I think raising the tree line up so high will work to obscure the Millennium Falcon show building from the rest of the park.

The reverse applies too. That one specific segment is probably hiding the Wonderbra from Star Wars land more than anything else.

It practically looms over the plot as much as Big Thunder...

mickEblu

Kind of bummed that we re losing two of the last quiet areas in the park. The lower level of the Hungry Bear and Big Thunder trail. I'm hoping that the path from Critter Country to SWL will fill that void. In terms of feeling in the wilderness / back country. I'm sure the hordes of people flocking to SWL will not help with that.

Did anyone else think of Natures Wonderland At 19:15? This could fit the rumored Natures Wonderland references supposedly being installed on the railroad.

balancing-rocks.jpg

Nature's Wonderland -

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 7.22.39 PM.png

Big Thunder Trail - Image Found At 19:15 - -

Phroobar

It's eye candy like this and the blending of environments that I think will make this version of SWL far superior to the DHS version. Their version will go from a city scape to an arch into SWL. Inside it will be the same but outside I bet they will try to make it look like a hot set with fake walls

TP2000

It's eye candy like this and the blending of environments that I think will make this version of SWL far superior to the DHS version. Their version will go from a city scape to an arch into SWL. Inside it will be the same but outside I bet they will try to make it look like a hot set with fake walls

Yeah, I've seen some of the maps of the DHS version and they don't have nearly as much space to work with there to transition Star Wars into the rest of the park. It's going to be abrupt. Which is weird and ironic; yet another WDW park that seems strapped for space and land. :confused:

At Disneyland, all this new eye candy will dramatically improve the giant walls of overgrown trees and shrubs that have defined the back half of Frontierland for decades. All the new cliffs and waterfalls along the Rivers of America, the trestles and rocky ledges along the Disneyland Railroad trackbed, the cavern entrances into Star Wars Land, etc., etc.

It will be a dramatic theme improvement over The Great Boring Wall of Green that defined this third of the park for the past 30 years (since they shut down Nature's Wonderland in '77), where a few fiberglass animals frozen in place, a peek-a-boo look at the parking structure, and that rickety Indian Chief were big highlights.

13138007154_0b738ec783_b.jpg

D

Deleted member 107043

It will be a dramatic theme improvement over The Great Boring Wall of Green that defined this third of the park for the past 30 years (since they shut down Nature's Wonderland in '77), where a few fiberglass animals frozen in place, a peek-a-boo look at the parking structure, and that rickety Indian Chief were big highlights.

LOL.

You're right though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom