News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

IowaHawks7

New Image today posted by Disney Parks Blog of the Disneyland Star Wars Land:
SWThemedLand.jpg

ctrlaltdel

Wow! Looks like there is a huge tunnel-type structure for the entrance from Critter Country (right above the flying X-Wing). I see the second entrance on the far right, but isn't there supposed to be 3 entrances?

Obviously pretty easy to tell where the MF show building is. Only question is where is the entrance to the Battle attraction? Is it to the left like the Micechat map says? The only reason I ask is that there appears that there is an First Order Outpost to the far right end of SWL, which would make sense to be the entrance to a Battle/Escape type attraction. I know it's just concept art, but this is very likely much closer to the final layout than previous iterations.
If this new picture is 100% accurate, you are probably going to be able to see some of the Star Wars structures from ROA.
I think you'll be able to see the tall rock work in the back. Hopefully they are designing it to blend in with the new berm rock work.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Wow! Looks like there is a huge tunnel-type structure for the entrance from Critter Country (right above the flying X-Wing). I see the second entrance on the far right, but isn't there supposed to be 3 entrances?

Obviously pretty easy to tell where the MF show building is. Only question is where is the entrance to the Battle attraction? Is it to the left like the Micechat map says? The only reason I ask is that there appears that there is an First Order Outpost to the far right end of SWL, which would make sense to be the entrance to a Battle/Escape type attraction. I know it's just concept art, but this is very likely much closer to the final layout than previous iterations.

From the blueprints that I saw the Battle attraction entrance is just above the x-wing just as Miceage showed.

ctrlaltdel

One more thing I noticed: At the extreme bottom left hand corner there is a CR90 Corvette, i.e. Princess Leia's ship from the beginning of ANH. Probably just thrown in there, unless they are overlaying Splash Mountain into another SW ride :p

SSG

Andy Castro, recently of Dateline Disneyland, just tweeted this about the sightlines from ROA:

The concept art doesn’t really show it, but there will be a massive number of trees coming to SWL.

So, I suspect that they plan for the trees to create some sort of barrier between Frontierland and SWL

and then the rock facades will just kind of blend into the background behind the trees when you’re in Frontierland

Stevek

Anyone notice there is a keel boat in the water?
Haha...I saw that too. Nice troll by Disney. Can't see those coming back unless they've got a fool proofed way of keeping them from tipping over. As for the artwork, agree that it looks a bit exaggerated size wise but also have a feeling that we'll see quite a bit of SW land from the ROA. #RIPROA Did I do that right?

Phroobar

Yep. I also noticed there is an X-Wing flying overhead. Thinking it is probably best to not get too attached/excited about anything in the artwork other than a general layout of things. :)
They could have an X-wing flying overhead. They had a dragon fly by for a press event for new Fantasyland. :geek:

TP2000

If this new picture is 100% accurate, you are probably going to be able to see some of the Star Wars structures from ROA.

You have to balance that stunning Star Wars Land artwork with the official Re-Imagineered Rivers Of America artwork Disney released a few months ago.

1-16-WDI-9001-full.jpg

In the new Star Wars Land artwork the Rivers of America and Railroad doesn't exist, and in the Rivers of America artwork Star Wars Land doesn't exist. Some young person with nifty computer skills could likely blend these two images together for us, but even then you have to remember Imagineers take a healthy dose of artistic liberty when they create this stuff for us.

dweezil78

Why did they darken the left side... they aren't committed yet on what's it going to look like?

Because the left side is actually Hungry Bear/Splash Mountain and it would be weird to include those in the artwork. So instead they darken it with same vague looking artwork and a X-Wing flying over the space to distract you -- similar to when you'd see giant red hot air balloons in the old Disneyland concept art.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom