Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Food Review *Spoilers*

beastlykingdom

Here's some info from Reddit:
Does it have alcohol?
Yes but only in the Cantina thus far, and I purposely skipped out on it because it was largely the craziest line. Supposedly the Cantina features the most aliens in the land, but it also had a time limit for how long you could be there.
What is the Blue/Green Milk? Was it good?
Yeah, it's basically a plant-based vegan friendly smoothie. Tried to green one, and it's good, definitely better than butter beer. 8/10, would get again.
How was the food?
I didn't sit down at the main restaurant Dock 7, but most of the food I had was awful. And very likely to change, I detail that a bit more in comments.
I also had the wrap, which is the main quick service food item for GE, but it was pretty awful, not to mention out of 6 cast members, none of them could tell me what the sauce was for allergy purposes.
.... I tried the blue milk. It had a sort of fruity and milky taste combined with dragon fruit in it I believe. Like a fruity frozen yogurt smoothie. I definitely enjoyed it. The $8 price tag is a little much though.

Princess Leia

Here's some info from Reddit:
The prices are crazy, tbh. The drinks cost a dollar more than Butterbeer; I’m sure it’s due to the coconut milk, but $8 for a non-alcoholic drink is a little much.

The prices for alcoholic drinks, on the other hand... yikes. Even by Disney standards, $12 for a beer seems high.

Mike730

"They could be charging stadium food/bev prices but they don't!!11!1!"
1osws4.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
At the milk in the Milk Stand of Batuu you can buy blue or green milk.

Blue Milk was featured in the Original trilogy and prequel trilogy being served at the Lars homestead on Tatooine. It also appeared in Roque One in the Urso home at the start of the movie.

Green Milk was featured in The Last Jedi. That is what Luke drank after he milked the tala-siren on Acho-to (gesundheit)

The Blue milk and Green milk that guests will be able to purchase is not regular cows milk.
It is either Coconut milk or Rice milk.

UPDATE: From the Orange County Register
"The Blue Milk and Green Milk sold at the Milk Stand will be a frozen-style beverage similar to a milkshake or smoothie. Both drinks will be non-dairy blends of coconut and rice milks.

Blue Milk will have dragon fruit, pineapple, lime and watermelon flavors. Green Milk will have Mandarin orange, passion fruit, grapefruit and orange blossom flavors."

I have heard reports that the Blue milk is very sweet to the point of gross according to one review.
Another view said that the green milk tasted like a melted push-up pop and has the same creamy consistency.
And said that the blue milk tastes sweet like a Monster energy drink.
It's basically a "disposable coffee cup of milk" for $7.99

Read the review here:

Read more here...

There is a thread here for GE food reviews...

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Tim Tracker did a live video yesterday. He tried both. Said the blue milk tasted like “a potpourri milkshake”, and did not seem overly impressed.

He appeared to quite like the green milk though, which he called “a Fruity Pebbles milkshake”.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Tim Tracker did a live video yesterday. He tried both. Said the blue milk tasted like “a potpourri milkshake”, and did not seem overly impressed.

He appeared to quite like the green milk though, which he called “a Fruity Pebbles milkshake”.
I cant wait to try both blue and green milk someday !

NoChesterHester

Seriously, How do you screw that up?
1) Have a dairy option and a non-dairy option. Blue Dairy, Green Non-Dairy (and "green" works on environmental levels too)
2) Just add a little flavor to the milks, but make them MILKS not melted ice cream or like a shake because in Star Wars and TLJ they poured like milk...not cream.
3) Make sure they TASTE GOOD
4) Don't make them so expensive. $8.00 for a coffee cup of colored coconut-rice milk is ridiculous.

They are so expensive because Disney will now have to pay for the R&D cost twice.... because it must be changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom