News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disney's Hollywood Studios opening date

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ah...thanks for the clarification, doesn't Docking Bay count as a TSR then though? Or it's a very well disguised counter service?

Docking Bay is fast casual QS like Satuli. Ronto Roasters is a glorified hot dog stand. Oga's is a bar which may have snacks for sale.

The planned TSR will be built later. A TSR is where you are seated and have service from a waitperson.

If you want to know what QS is, check out the link in my sig below...

Surferboy567

Docking Bay is fast casual QS like Satuli. Ronto Roasters is a glorified hot dog stand. Oga's is a bar which may have snacks for sale.

The planned TSR will be built later. A TSR is where you are seated and have service from a waitperson.

If you want to know what QS is, check out the link in my sig below...

I think I was getting Docking Bay mixed up with the concept art (that has been scrapped) of what appeared to be a sit down TR thanks for the clarification on this.

ThistleMae

For everyone complaining about the early opening, just wondering what your situation is. Are you guys Floridians who go all the time and are annoyed you have to experience twice or travelers waiting to book a trip on opening week?
I'm typically a WDW traveler, living on the East Coast. This is the first time I'm going to DLR. We aren't going until November. I was excited that SWGE would be open this summer. I thought there was a possibility that I wouldn't get on either ride...I'm not one to wait more than 90 min....so my expectations were low. I would like to see the land and would be disappointed if I couldn't even get in. I do think there are many people who want to experience both rides when they do go, so for some, they will struggle with when to plan their trips, as two trips close together may not be possible. The fact they are opening sooner rather than later will be a bonus for some who have already booked their trips...and for others wanting to avoid crowds...not so much of a bonus. What's great is we all get to voice our excitement or concerns in here on the boards! It keeps me involved while I eagerly await my vacation, SWGE or not! May the Force Be With You....whatever the case.

ThistleMae

I don't know... When I talk to people who have been to Universal recently, they talk about Harry Potter, the land, not the rides. The rides are almost secondary. I think that may be the case here.
This would be my case. I love Harry Potter, the land. Walking through there at night, I felt like I was in the movie. I only went on one of the rides and I didn't like it...it was too fast for me to really enjoy it. As for SWGE, I just want to see the land. When I eventually get to experience the rides, that will be another treat for another day.

Rich T

Because a good majority of people on this forum are eternally obsessed with being irrationally bitter at everything Disney does. They take being a fan way too seriously, almost borderline mental illness. They believe every move the company makes is a personal offence and that their sad lives are over because of said decision. Its why I have learned not to pay attention to their idiotic moaning and groaning all the time.
Tsk. So much negativity, judgement and hatred in your post! All over disagreements about a theme park! :D

ThistleMae

Of course, it is. I think the land itself will be an attraction. And unlike Pandora, I think it really will be! There are things that haven't even been released yet or just hinted at like the drones ships flying over the ride buildings. I can't wait until the crowds die down (6-7 years?), so I can enjoy all the wonderful details.

One main reason I go to Disney is the artistry. The artistry of the animatronics, invisible technology, building design, character design, paintings/murals, mosaics, and music. I love the details. I especially love being immersed in the art, like at the Safari in AK, the streets of Diagon Alley, a world of Pirates, a mansion of ghosts or a flume ride through the world of Brer Rabbit.

I am not most guests and I imagine you are not the average guest either considering your passion on this topic.
I think guests do enjoy the other aspects too (whether they realize it or not) but, their main focus is on rides. Not for you, or even the passionate Star Wars fan, just the average guest.
I love all the things you mentioned! For me it's all about the details and the feeling these creations give me. The artistry is phenomenal! While I do want to experience the rides, the land itself is going to be amazing. I'm always discovering something new I hadn't noticed before. When I can be completely immersed because of the attention to detail, I'm in heaven. I love Diagon Alley and the train ride to get there. I can't tell you how many times I just went to wander around and look at everything, especially at night. I don't actually do any of the rides there. As far as Pandora, I'm a big fan, of the movie and the land, more so than Star Wars. FOP blew me away! I felt like I was actually riding the Banshee. Wow, just wow! I hope I can get in the land and just enjoy everything that went into its creation. And if either ride is anything like FOP...I will have to be amazed, because FOP is the best ride I've ever been on.

ThistleMae

We are going to be there from August 22-30 (too late to cancel). I am praying that this doesn't affect us too much. We will not be going anywhere near DHS on the 29th or 30th. Thoughts?
Aren't you even curious? Come on, just get over there and take a peek, you can always leave if even getting into the land looks crazy.

ThistleMae

Wait, so it’s his fault he went by Disney’s own released information?
View attachment 355304

I have a trip planned for Aug 25-30, specifically to avoid the Star Wars craziness. My ADRs were set in February. All based on Disney’s own information, and their 180 day ADR window. Now, they announce a, no, THE major new land opening in August (which by absolutely no standard could be considered late fall), with the announcement coming inside their own 180 day window. And somehow, this is my fault? Ok.

Look, I actually think it’s genius that they are opening early. But it absolutely sucks for those of us who booked based on historical crowd levels.
There's always a risk with Disney...you just never know. The date is projected, which means it's subject to change. Sorry. I'm sure you'll still have a magical experience!

ThistleMae

Did I understand it correctly that you have to make reservations to even get into SWL or was that for Disneyland only? I think that it was talking about the first four weeks. I wonder if that is to help with the flood of crowds and to give them more time to get RoTR open. Probably not the latter, I would guess.
They said until June 23rd if I recall correctly, at DL.

ThistleMae

Get ready for the 4 hours wait times to get on Smuggler's Run especially if you use the Pandora wait times as a gauge.

And with only 2 rides in the entire Star Wars Land....just like Toy Story Land....just like Pandora. It will be a good year before the wait times get down to semi-reasonable levels. And in Disney speak "semi-reasonable" means 2 hours.
We went to WDW in July, after the May opening. We waited two hours without a FP+ because we were staying off site and couldn't get one. Went back again in November, onsite, and I got FP+ almost everyday of our visit with no problem. I know Star Wars is going to be more popular, but lets hope after a few months it will be possible to get a FP for the ride. We shall see.

eddie104

Because a good majority of people on this forum are eternally obsessed with being irrationally bitter at everything Disney does. They take being a fan way too seriously, almost borderline mental illness. They believe every move the company makes is a personal offence and that their sad lives are over because of said decision. Its why I have learned not to pay attention to their idiotic moaning and groaning all the time.
Aren’t you being somewhat of a hypocrite with this post. 🤔

ThistleMae

I just went to My Disney Experience and put in dates for 8/31 to 10/8 at POP, room only, and there were many rooms available. Then on 10/9 there was only one room type available. Then 10/17 to 10/24 three room categories opened up. Then to the end of October, all room categories opened up again. Then 11/1 to 11/8, back to only one room category opened. Then the rest of the month to the beg. of December there were many room categories opened again. I was surprised by this. I wonder what this means?

Rogue1138

There's a couple types of fans now in the world of social media:

1. Nostalgic Entitlement: Nothing can be changed or innovated. Everything must maintain the status quo and only repeat the same things over and over. These people think they represent all of the fandom with their opinions.
  2. Conspiracy Entitlement: Same as above but any changes made are due to some sort of nefarious plot or agenda.
  3. The Corporate Shill: Everything is awesome! These people will swallow down every helping with no questions asked.
  4. The General Public: The people companies actually try to market to. They are casually invested. They are larger in number.

wdizneew

It's not just a theme park. It's a way of life. 😏

ToTBellHop

There's a couple types of fans now in the world of social media:

1. Nostalgic Entitlement: Nothing can be changed or innovated. Everything must maintain the status quo and only repeat the same things over and over. These people think they represent all of the fandom with their opinions.
  2. Conspiracy Entitlement: Same as above but any changes made are due to some sort of nefarious plot or agenda.
  3. The Corporate Shill: Everything is awesome! These people will swallow down every helping with no questions asked.
  4. The General Public: The people companies actually try to market to. They are casually invested. They are larger in number.
I wonder what I am? I welcome change as long as it’s an improvement. For example, I wish GMR stayed, was fixed, AND we got MMRR. But as it is, I know my family enjoy MMRR more than the 2017 GMR. We also enjoy TSL more than Backlot Tour.

Rogue1138

Love it.... I'd like to add another one:

Corporate Realist: Generally optimistic about most decisions, but fully aware decisions are made to maximize profits and appeal to the General Public (rather than to the Nostalgic/Conspiracy Entitlement-crowd).

Perfect! I knew I felt like I wasn't covering all the bases.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom