News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disney's Hollywood Studios opening date

ppete1975

Oh dear. We booked a trip earlier this year with this date right smack in the middle and were able to snag free dining, which is a huge savings for our large family. To move the dates would represent a significant cost increase. But I am... hesitant... to say the least about being at WDW on opening day.
Magic Kingdom, Epcot and animal park will probably be pretty light. People will either be at star wars or avoiding the parks due to the crowds.

phillip9698

I cant imagine that anyone is going to be able to enjoy the scenery and shops in the land during phase 1. Its not as if there will be less people trying to cram themselves into this land even though only one ride will be open. Its just that now after they finish the ride there isnt another ride or queue to hold them so now its just a huge mass of people with nothing to do other than spill into the limited shop space and meander in the paths.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I-4 should be even more fun to drive starting 8-29

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Magic Kingdom, Epcot and animal park will probably be pretty light. People will either be at star wars or avoiding the parks due to the crowds.

I am wondering if this will be the case. If people can't get into the land will they just move on to another park. I also wonder if the fact the both rides won't be open in the beginning will mitigate the crowds at all.

Patcheslee

I am wondering if this will be the case. If people can't get into the land will they just move on to another park. I also wonder if the fact the both rides won't be open in the beginning will mitigate the crowds at all.
I'm wondering how they would handle 1 park/day tickets. Picture ppl expecting to get into the land and finding that section at capacity. How did they handle that for Pandora?

kwoodfan1

For everyone complaining about the early opening, just wondering what your situation is. Are you guys Floridians who go all the time and are annoyed you have to experience twice or travelers waiting to book a trip on opening week?

jasonc23

Goodness, some people really are miserable huh? RotR will be behind schedule with the rest of the land, so with everything else ready to go Disney will just want to get it open (because money, which is fine). I guarantee the people here complaining would also complain if the land was ready (except one ride) and it sat closed for months on end.

JohnD

For everyone complaining about the early opening, just wondering what your situation is. Are you guys Floridians who go all the time and are annoyed you have to experience twice or travelers waiting to book a trip on opening week?

You can be a Floridian but still be far enough away that you still have to book a trip. I live in Tallahassee so it would be a four hour drive for me. It's not like I can leave the house and hop into a park, like a local in the Orlando area.

JohnD

Goodness, some people really are miserable huh? RotR will be behind schedule with the rest of the land, so with everything else ready to go Disney will just want to get it open (because money, which is fine). I guarantee the people here complaining would also complain if the land was ready (except one ride) and it sat closed for months on end.

Or if the entire land was open, including both rides and DHS couldn't handle the massive swarm of people. People would then be complaining about the crowds. This may actually help mitigate that by opening in stages.

wdizneew

I cant imagine that anyone is going to be able to enjoy the scenery and shops in the land during phase 1. Its not as if there will be less people trying to cram themselves into this land even though only one ride will be open. Its just that now after they finish the ride there isnt another ride or queue to hold them so now its just a huge mass of people with nothing to do other than spill into the limited shop space and meander in the paths.

I'd like to think that DHS will limit the amount of people going into the land at a time. I assume the area around Taphouse/Muppets will have a giant queue just to enter the land with Toy Story Land as exit only. This way, DHS can limit the crushing crowds inside SW:GE. Disneyland doesn't have the space for that so they're doing the reservation system. But I can see how this will confuse regular guests though...

dothebrdwalk

I'm less upset about the early opening, more upset about the phased opening. I want to go early, but won't be able to make the visit twice in that short amount of time. It'd kind of a lose lose for me in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom