News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disney's Hollywood Studios opening date

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I feel bad for anyone that will be there shortly after the grand opening. We will be arriving in mid-November, hoping that: a) the crowds will have decreased at least a little bit by then, and b) ROTR is open by then.
That might be possible providing that you trip is in November 2025. Just look at Pandora...crowds for that were past nuts for more than a year after opening.

allymonkey

This is insane. I’m missing this by one week! 😢 Would’ve loved to be there. But can we now assume that Mickey ride will open earier than expected??

We are going to be there two weeks before opening day. There is still chance for some soft open rides.

Surferboy567

Now, if you’re as excited as we are about experiencing Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, we have important information you should know before you go and begin your own Star Wars adventure in a galaxy far, far away. Please check this post later today for details.
Capacity for the parks, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences is limited. Access to the park, land and experiences may be restricted or unavailable depending on guest demand and other factors. -Disney Parks Blog

Kman101

This is confusing. Open SW:GE with one ride? During free dining? Granted, it’s a traditionally slower time at the end of August but still... I can’t shake the feeling this is born of some desperation, somewhere.

It does feel a bit desperate and quick. But it's also "strategic". They're basically opening the land twice, so to speak. "We want all of you for one ride, but come back months from now for the other one" ... lol. So messy.

Can't believe they're opening one of the highest demanded lands they've ever built and doing a phased opening. At least we haven't heard of paid previews LOL.

I don't know if it's smart or stupid or a little bit of both.

Dave Z

We were planning on being at Hollywood Studios, on 9/1. Going to re-think those plans,
We were there opening day for Avatar this will be worst....

The_Designer

I'm arriving on Sept 16th. I booked this expecting the land to not be open by any means based on the Late Fall comments. With this announcement I'm actually beyond excited. Even if it is only 1 ride. This will still be an amazing land and new ride to be able to enjoy with my family, with a whole 2nd new ride(possibly) next year. I'm nothing but happy at the moment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom