News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

mickEblu

Is there an emoji for hanging your shoulders and sighing deeply? They are putting on a good show acting like this was all part of the plan. I wish I could get Scott Trowbridge off mic and ask him how he really feels about the roll out of SWGE.

Well there was that one interview where he sincerely asked the crowd (after seeing the meh reaction to GE) if they were into the approach they took with GE with guests being part of the story. I’m just over here thinking what story? You have 2 stormtroopers from TL walking around and Chewie and Rey awkwardly looking at a ship behind a fence once in a while. Perhaps he should wait until ROTR opens and they roll out some more interactive elements to ask that question.

TP2000

And several months ago the Cast Members over on Micechat already spilled the beans on all these characters and their locations/stories that were once planned for the land. Before Mr. Chapek cut them from the budget and made Ky'le from Tustin a character instead.

Chris Beatty is a WDI executive toeing the company line at a public industry trade event. He has a Tesla payment and a mortgage in Pasadena to pay for, after all, so he has to talk a good game. Nothing more.

In short, and I'm rarely this impolite, put up or shut up Mr. Beatty. 🧐

TP2000

I’m just over here thinking what story? You have 2 stormtroopers from TL walking around and Chewie and Rey awkwardly looking at a ship behind a fence once in a while. Perhaps he should wait until ROTR opens and they roll out some more interactive elements to ask that question.

There's also Vi Moradi*, Presented by Clairol Color Crave.

2019-07-12_0178.jpg

She's part of the story. No one's ever heard of her before, but she'll mumble at you about "the resistance" just enough to make you wonder if she's on the payroll, or just a crazy lady who wandered in from the Harbor Blvd. bus stop.

Last edited:

sedati

Is there an emoji for hanging your shoulders and sighing deeply? They are putting on a good show acting like this was all part of the plan. I wish I could get Scott Trowbridge off mic and ask him how he really feels about the roll out of SWGE.
Aspects of this have been said before. There are built spaces not yet utilized and the general design has many second level areas that seem intended for performance spaces. The land was said to have flex built in well before opening.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
There's also Vi Moradi*, Presented by Clairol Color Crave.

2019-07-12_0178.jpg

She's part of the story. No one's ever heard of her before, but she'll mumble at you about "the resistance" just enough to kind of make you wonder if she's on the payroll, or just a crazy lady who wandered in from the Harbor Blvd. bus stop.
But there is more story......if you elect to look for it. Play Disney App, comics, websites, etc. tell much of the story of Batuu/GE and its inhabitants (like Vi), the problem is in their hubris they thought it would be enough. That somehow the common guest would go searching for backstory when it wasn't put right in front of them. I do find it slightly insulting that they would claim they have more story and live show plans in the works when we know these were things that originally got cut due to budget and all of a sudden it's as if it was planned all along. Just admit you made a mistake, fix it, and move on.

RobWDW1971

But there is more story......if you elect to look for it. Play Disney App, comics, websites, etc. tell much of the story of Batuu/GE and its inhabitants (like Vi), the problem is in their hubris they thought it would be enough. That somehow the common guest would go searching for backstory when it wasn't put right in front of them. I do find it slightly insulting that they would claim they have more story and live show plans in the works when we know these were things that originally got cut due to budget and all of a sudden it's as if it was planned all along. Just admit you made a mistake, fix it, and move on.

Said differently, they spent billions of dollars to acquire the Star Wars universe and its endless selection of known and loved classic characters and instead put somebody named Vi Something front and center of their billion dollar lands.

Brilliant, WDI, brilliant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom