News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

mickEblu

Youtube's algorithm steers me to Disneyland videos. Recently one titled Rey and Chewie in GE pops up. I watch as they halfheartedly tinker with a fighter for a few minutes, before the video ends. That's it; that's the video. I'm expecting Rey takes Chewie to the groomers next.

Yes that’s exactly what I saw. So awkward

mickEblu

Out of curiousity... what does an anti-inflammation diet consist of?

Pretty much nothing. Air and water. Jk lol. But seriously very restrictive. So it’s basically mostly leafy greens and vegetables. Hardly any fruit except some berries. No nightshade vegetables so no potatoes, eggplant, tomatoes. Sweet potatoes are ok. No sugar except dark chocolate sparingly. Lots of olive oil. Small portions of lean meats. Almost no grains except some stuff you never heard of. Pretty much no sauces. You make all the sauces yourself that mostly consist of olive oil, vinegars, Dijon mustard etc..

I hadn’t been eating very well and just needed to kind of reset. I’m doing this for 30 days just to see how I feel. Every time I come off the rails I need to do something extreme like this to reset my eating habits and end up somewhere in the happy middle. Felt like crap yesterday morning as my body is detoxing from sugar but think I’m over the hump and feel pretty good today. Anyway if you want to look it up it’s called Dr Gundry’s plant paradox . He goes into how we need to avoid beans and some of the other stuff I listed that have lectins. Stuff that plants create that are bad for us so we don’t eat them. Basically not all plants want to be eaten. Anyway, i just called it an anti inflammation diet because that’s basically what it is just with an emphasis on lectins.

Mac Tonight

Pretty much nothing. Air and water. Jk lol. But seriously very restrictive. So it’s basically mostly leafy greens and vegetables. Hardly any fruit except some berries. No nightshade vegetables so no potatoes, eggplant, tomatoes. Sweet potatoes are ok. No sugar except dark chocolate sparingly. Lots of olive oil. Small portions of lean meats. Almost no grains except some stuff you never heard of. Pretty much no sauces. You make all the sauces yourself that mostly consist of olive oil, vinegars, Dijon mustard etc..

I hadn’t been eating very well and just needed to kind of reset. I’m doing this for 30 days just to see how I feel. Every time I come off the rails I need to do something extreme like this to reset my eating habits and end up somewhere in the happy middle. Felt like crap yesterday morning as my body is detoxing from sugar but think I’m over the hump and feel pretty good today. Anyway if you want to look it up it’s called Dr Gundry’s plant paradox . He goes into how we need to avoid beans and some of the other stuff I listed that have lectins. Stuff that plants create that are bad for us so we don’t eat them. Basically not all plants want to be eaten. Anyway, i just called it an anti inflammation diet because that’s basically what it is just with an emphasis on lectins.
Good to know. I don't want to derail this thread, but I definitely believe there's a direct correlation between what we eat and how we feel (not just physically).

Mickeyboof

A coaster would go a long way , but I wonder how thrilling it would be? Both MF and RotR have height requirements and a complaint I hear a lot is there's so little for small kids to do. Wouldn't Disney be more likely to build something tame?

Theme parks really aren’t for kids. Most of them are overheated, crying, sleeping, or just wishing they were watching YouTube videos at home.

Actually, most of them are on their parent’s phones watching YouTube videos at the park anyways.

Bring on the taller height requirements!

lifeisgoodboy

Theme parks really aren’t for kids. Most of them are overheated, crying, sleeping, or just wishing they were watching YouTube videos at home.

Actually, most of them are on their parent’s phones watching YouTube videos at the park anyways.

If the park takes away the kids area in the park. Than yes, the theme park really isn't for kids. DCA had a kids area and they took it away.

Phroobar

Today's Jim Hill podcast talked about how emersive the new star wars hotel will be. It will involve guests in story lines, interact with random characters, see scenes played out and be given secret missions to perform at Baatu. My guess it will be to read crates. It was the same exact BS we were feed about Galaxy's Edge that never happened. You would think park management would learn. All it will be is an expensive themed hotel with no cosplay at all.

Fool me once. Shame on you. Fool me twice. Shame on me.

Mickeyboof

Today's Jim Hill podcast talked about how emersive the new star wars hotel will be. It will involve guests in story lines, interact with random characters, see scenes played out and be given secret missions to perform at Baatu. My guess it will be to read crates. It was the same exact BS we were feed about Galaxy's Edge that never happened. You would think park management would learn. All it will be is an expensive themed hotel with no cosplay at all.

Fool me once. Shame on you. Fool me twice. Shame on me.

I have the same fears. This is a rehash of what was promised verbatim by Disney and company in regards to the billion dollar land.

I refuse to pay thousands of dollars to witness low paid, eager eyed college program kids and flordia locals act out Star Wars stories.

I wonder how many experiences/ scenes are going to be magical pre recorded holograms.

Also, missions to perform on Batuu. Does that mean every cast member working in the land is briefed on these missions? The undertaking here is immense. All the cast members now need to learn what is happening in the hotel experience, or else the following might happen:

My last fly on the falcon, a nerdy dude was asked how many in his party. He giddily responded in character “One for the freight elevator!!”

The cast member looked at him dumbly. “Sorry, what?”

Still happy to speak Batuu, the dude says it again- “one for the freight elevator please!”

She doesn’t even say anything back when his poor face drops and he says “one for ADA.”

Bright suns! Can’t wait for Universal to whip up a Harry Potter hotel!!!

Dan Deesnee

I guess it depends on what you classify as kids. I've got my 8th trip coming up in two months and can honestly say I never really see any kids starting at phones watching YouTube, etc. Taking pictures / selfies, and editing them, sure. Most kids seem to be having a blast. Just my experiences.

RobWDW1971

Staying in an extensive hotel, buying an expensive glow stick and pressing a button repeatedly in the MF cockpit isn't my idea of living out a Star Wars fantasy. I never had any dream of living a Harry Potter fantasy either, but Universal still entertained me.

I got a fire breathing dragon on top of a building - they win.

mickEblu

Galaxies Edge is like going to a festival where your favorite singer/ band is performing. Except they re so tired of performing their hits so they choose to just sing their new songs because they re still excited about performing them.

Galaxies Edge was just a vanity project for the imagineers. Scott gave us what he wanted or at best what he thought people wanted. Not what we really wanted. Before anyone brings up Chapeks cuts, I still think there is a lot fundamentally wrong with the land that doesn’t have anything to do with the cuts.

Last edited:

mickEblu

The whole thing is funny because Disney saw how successful Potter Land was and their takeaway was that they need to build a super immersive land based on a mega popular single IP. Failing to realize that the reason Potter land is successful is because it’s fun/ happy/whimsical. So in other words failing to realize that it was basically like everything they already do. Failing to realize that they were just trying to copy Universals attempt to do Disney. It worked with Cars Land and Pandora because those IP are in line with Disney’s core brand and approach at the parks. Not to mention they had some top notch imagineers leading the project.

Last edited:

DanielBB8

Imagineering couldn't be so dense to not understand what Star Wars fans really want. They were beholden to Iger and executives at LucasFilm that wanted to focus on the Sequel Trilogy. They tried to thread the needle to satisfy anyone, but the hardcore fans. This mess came from the Top. Not only are they desperate to fix Star Wars Galaxy's Edge, the Rise of Skywalker is having it's own severe problems with reshoots and everything else that they got to get it right in December/January or the whole mess becomes an even bigger debacle.

Mac Tonight

Imagineering couldn't be so dense to not understand what Star Wars fans really want. They were beholden to Iger and executives at LucasFilm that wanted to focus on the Sequel Trilogy. They tried to thread the needle to satisfy anyone, but the hardcore fans. This mess came from the Top. Not only are they desperate to fix Star Wars Galaxy's Edge, the Rise of Skywalker is having it's own severe problems with reshoots and everything else that they got to get it right in December/January or the whole mess becomes an even bigger debacle.
Every. Major. Motion. Picture. Goes. Through. Reshoots.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom