News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

George Lucas on a Bench

Yes. The original with the 50 witch figures was much more effective. Aren’t they all more or less book reports? Except Toad.

I vividly remember the original version of Snow White at The Magic Kingdom and it was more or less the scariest ride they've ever made. It was a ridiculous spookhouseian freakshow. Maybe I'm just getting soft, but in my old age, I look back on it and wonder why the heck they ever made a ride that was so freaky and inaccessible for kids in the most childish part of the park.

solidyne

I vividly remember the original version of Snow White at The Magic Kingdom and it was more or less the scariest ride they've ever made. It was a ridiculous spookhouseian freakshow. Maybe I'm just getting soft, but in my old age, I look back on it and wonder why the heck they ever made a ride that was so freaky and inaccessible for kids in the most childish part of the park.
Yeah, the old, old one. Of all of my 1970's nightmares the witch is one that sticks with me. I'd be afraid just walking through Cinderella castle, hoping we don't turn right. Great stuff!

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

The attractions that traumatize kids are fondly remembered. Builds character.

RobWDW1971

Interesting that at almost noon on the first Sunday when all passes are unblocked and Halloween time has started that you can still book a time for Savi's for almost every session the rest of the day. I'm sure it is still very popular, but considering we are just three months open and countless AP's are having their first chance to experience it this weekend, I would have assumed it would be booked all day.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Interesting that at almost noon on the first Sunday when all passes are unblocked and Halloween time has started that you can still book a time for Savi's for almost every session the rest of the day. I'm sure it is still very popular, but considering we are just three months open and countless AP's are having their first chance to experience it this weekend, I would have assumed it would be booked all day.

Historically, according to Touring Plans, the Sunday following Labor Day Weekend is normally pretty dead.

September 9, 2018: 1 our of 10
September 10, 2017: 4 out of 10
September 11, 2016: 3 our of 10
September 13, 2015: 4 our of 10

SoCal Select passes were blocked out on those days just as they are today. Seems like business as usual to me.

MoonRakerSCM

I'm sure it is still very popular, but considering we are just three months open and countless AP's are having their first chance to experience it this weekend, I would have assumed it would be booked all day.

I would suggest the concept that a majority of lower end passholders are not in a position to spend $200
for a light sabre. They spend their expendable funds on the passes etc.

RobWDW1971

Historically, according to Touring Plans, the Sunday following Labor Day Weekend is normally pretty dead.

SoCal Select passes were blocked out on those days just as they are today. Seems like business as usual to me.

Exactly. You don't spend a billion dollars for "business as usual". They could have had that for free as your post perfectly illustrates.

RobWDW1971

I would suggest the concept that a majority of lower end passholders are not in a position to spend $200
for a light sabre. They spend their expendable funds on the passes etc.

And more broadly, how big is the market for a $200 lightsaber experience? Is that just a small market of hardcore fans or a much larger demo? We'll see over time.

And how will the videos of the merch cast members' "acting" all over the internet influence future purchases?

DanielBB8

The market for lightsabers needs an element of interactivity in the parks. I suggest the following.
1. A Jedi Academy where owners can use their new lightsabers to practice.
2. An obstacle course where owners will encounter opponents in the Star Wars Universal and win points for success. Should be video game like activity with multiple screens and levels.

Droids should have similar interactivity. They will get latest status on Rebel Alliance or Resistance depending on which track they want to play.

George Lucas on a Bench

As someone who does actually enjoy Star Wars (I enjoy the prequels most--it's the best trilogy era I've seen in these movies), I think the stores are just lame. I guess they just struck gold with Potter because it lent itself more to shops and had them actually in the movies, which they just copied.

The actual lightsaber building thing is so lame. I mean, how could it be done any worse with a bunch of people telling you to choose parts or whatever while some sword master guy overacts and just makes it embarrassing. Then a recording of Yoda is piped in on the PA system. Why. Just. Why. How exactly do you ruin the laser swords? They found the way.

mickEblu

The people that were willing to spend that much money on one of those already went to SWL and already have one. I predicted those merch numbers were going to drop drastically a few months ago.

mickEblu

It’s not business as usual to have a new billion dollar land with a new “E” ticket. That’s the point.

And those guys are always wrong anyway.

Snow Queen

Reminds me of the mini Batmobile on the Force Awakens Falcon.
batmobile.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom