News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You'd feel your left side go up when the video shows your front going up. It'd be nauseating.
I don't know about your ride on the attraction, but all I really felt from the Engineer position was bouncing. No real big up and down motions that would cause an issue if seated sideways. Also airline engineers are positioned the exact same way as I mentioned.

However I get the point, which is probably why they went with this seat orientation. Either way, its not that hard to come up with a fix in order to use the same setup and get a better ride out of the attraction for those two positions.

thequeuelinelectures

Personally I was fine with engineer. Just hitting a bunch of buttons is pretty fun and I really didn’t have any issues multitasking to see the main screen and my buttons, the green highlight around whatever you need to hit is bright enough to ping your peripheral vision. It doesn’t have a ton of replay value but neither does the ride in general.

Gunner is rough. Automatic is boring and manual feels unresponsive. I had a very difficult time figuring out if I should be aiming high low or middle when the pilot is constantly weaving

thequeuelinelectures

Just hitting a bunch of buttons is fun? And they light up the buttons you need to hit?

I can see where hitting a bunch of bottoms would be fun, but buttons? Nah.

I mean there is a whole dashboard of buttons and switches and when you take damage they light up in specific patterns and you only have a few seconds to hit them all. It’s like a speed test arcade game. It’s not deep but this is a 4 minute experience with no tutorial it’s about as deep as you can get. Engineers also activate the grapple when positioned behind the train in the second coaxium sequence

tonymu

Premium Member
I think it's a little different here. Part of the issue is since they want to eventually randomize the missions they had to make the queue generic so it could fit any task you are given by hondo. Notice how the preshow with the AA mentions nothing about correlia or coaxium or anything. They can't use the queue to introduce characters, villians, locations, conflicts, nothing.
I don't think they need to do anything to the queue that ties to anything in particular. They could just add more elements that do something. Instead of everything just being static things bolted or glued to the ground, there could be more interesting things that add some variety or movement. In Star Tours just having the conveyor belt with junk going by gives you something to look at that changes.

Curious Constance

I mean there is a whole dashboard of buttons and switches and when you take damage they light up in specific patterns and you only have a few seconds to hit them all. It’s like a speed test arcade game. It’s not deep but this is a 4 minute experience with no tutorial it’s about as deep as you can get. Engineers also activate the grapple when positioned behind the train in the second coaxium sequence
So it’s like the memory game Simon?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

For me, the orchestral music in the ride just took me out of the moment. I mean, why would there be music playing inside Hondo's ship on a smuggling run?! I want to be fully immersed, dammit! Apparently the ride designers didn't get the immersion memo!

Sorry, couldn't resist. I'll show myself out.
There is music on ride in both version of star tours so as critical as I have been on the falcon ride, I am going to give them a pass for that. plus its one of the only times life is in the land. it was stupid not to have music in the land. why have John Williams make a brand new score and not use it except in certain areas??!

Sailor310

I rode Smugglers Run today. Of course, they gave the pilot slots to two very young kids from Brazil or somewhere. B-in-law and I were engineers. The kid couldn't reach the light speed handle and didn't really drive. I have to say it was fun because he hit everything! The cockpit really jolted when he hit the ground or obstructions. I kept one hand on the seat in front of me because of the jolts.

thequeuelinelectures

I still don’t understand why more people don’t request what the role they want. Actually don’t, then they won’t let me do it if everyone else is asking.

It's easy to ask for your role when you are in the normal queue, if you go in single rider though they tend to give you whatever cards weren't chosen by the normal line so you're haggling with other guests not cast members. Idk about you but I don't love taking away a child's pilot card haha

mickEblu

It's easy to ask for your role when you are in the normal queue, if you go in single rider though they tend to give you whatever cards weren't chosen by the normal line so you're haggling with other guests not cast members. Idk about you but I don't love taking away a child's pilot card haha

True that’s why I recommend for single riders to wait in the standby line. I think another 20 minutes to avoid being an engineer or gunner is worth it

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

In the words of the late great Bernie Mack "F@*k them kids!"

Ismael Flores

really, truly, honestly: why did they shoot themselves in the foot with all of the immersion when all it takes to break it is waiting in the extended queue for smugglers?View attachment 390510

I am guessing this was taken from the extended queue? I know they opened the large gate just enough for one or two people to pass into and out of the extended queue, The rest of the guests roaming around can't see into it. They were doing that to avoid pushing the line into the area in front of the falcon. They could probably solve that by just adding a larger tarp or another tarp.

The rest of the queue i have no issue with, I actually liked that as soon as you enter you actually get the smell of engine and oils. One thing that is missing though is a few more robotic props

Monorail_Orange

While I get the criticism for the rock facade being visible, especially in light of all the other important sacrifices the were made for the sake of "immersion," the extended queue, at least in DL, is unlikely to be in-use past the opening of ROTR, if even until then. In DHS, where the extended queue may result in more permanent use, I would be less forgiving. I could very well be wrong, but I don't think this area will be used long term, so I'm ok with less overpriced, albeit beautiful, rockwork.

TROR

While I get the criticism for the rock facade being visible, especially in light of all the other important sacrifices the were made for the sake of "immersion," the extended queue, at least in DL, is unlikely to be in-use past the opening of ROTR, if even until then. In DHS, where the extended queue may result in more permanent use, I would be less forgiving. I could very well be wrong, but I don't think this area will be used long term, so I'm ok with less overpriced, albeit beautiful, rockwork.
No need for it when the wait times are 15-30 minutes on the regular come January.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom