News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

ParkPeeker

It ain't deleted. It's in plain view on Reddit's Galaxysedge sub right now.

And I count about 42(!) of those supposed 100 AAs. So, what, that means there are 9 actual other AAs, or 51, which we can round up to 100?
you're right, the one I found was on star wars leaks, crossposted from r/disneyland, that one was deleted.

TROR

Ismael Flores

What I could find online:

SoCal select blacked out until 9/3
Southern CA 8/26
Deluxe 8/19
Signature is not blacked out all summer

There were some rumblings that they may cancel some of the blackout dates due to attendance issues. I think it was Micechat that said area businesses were asking Disney to remove blackouts because of low crowds and they did apparently remove some of the CM blackouts.

to me that information from micechat makes no sense. what benefits do the surrounding business get especially hotels by unblocking oasshokders that would most likely arrive by car. They would just park pass the day at the park and leave. they wouldn't rent a room or shop around the anaheim resort.

I believe Disney, the media and bloggers all had part in the low crowds. all those videos of claima that Disneyland would be inundated with hords of people would reports at times claiming six digit numbers on opening week.
then Disney decided to run with that idea and kept telling people don’t show up it will be busy and you need reservations and even after reservations you ate not guaranteed admittance to land because of crowds.

tourist decides to delay their trips and pass holders got blocked out. then add high ticket prices that prices out many locals with families and you get a ghost town.

removing blackouts will most likely fill the park but i doubt it will help bring business to the surrounding business.

and isnt D23 suppose to be soon? that will help the area and most likely attendance as well.
would be smart to offer discounts to parks for D23 attendants

Hawg G

to me that information from micechat makes no sense. what benefits do the surrounding business get especially hotels by unblocking oasshokders that would most likely arrive by car. They would just park pass the day at the park and leave. they wouldn't rent a room or shop around the anaheim resort.

I believe Disney, the media and bloggers all had part in the low crowds. all those videos of claima that Disneyland would be inundated with hords of people would reports at times claiming six digit numbers on opening week.
then Disney decided to run with that idea and kept telling people don’t show up it will be busy and you need reservations and even after reservations you ate not guaranteed admittance to land because of crowds.

tourist decides to delay their trips and pass holders got blocked out. then add high ticket prices that prices out many locals with families and you get a ghost town.

removing blackouts will most likely fill the park but i doubt it will help bring business to the surrounding business.

and isnt D23 suppose to be soon? that will help the area and most likely attendance as well.
would be smart to offer discounts to parks for D23 attendants

The problem with much of the media and bloggers is they don't really give a . They show up for their free early access, take some basic videos, and slap them on Youtube to start monetizing. A problem with most of the big theme park Youtubers. It's a "look at me, I'm awesome because I'm here and you're not" sorta thing. No real passion with the thing they are supposed to be advertising.

If Disney gave a damn, they'd remove credentials from those who didn't really do much, and let new blood in, even take chances with low level channels that would likely be MUCH more excited to be there.

EPCOT-O.G.

Why would they pay 100 castmembers to stand around in the same exact spot and wiggle just a little in perpetuity?

Make 100 sets of stormtrooper armor, make at least 50 of them "animatronic" where you get at least a little movement, and over the year your savings will be exponential.
Not sure of the expected movements, but since they have helmets they would be expected to be far less complex than, say, the POTC or Lincoln animatronics?

TROR

They could effectively have just bought mannequins from a department stores and slapped Stormtrooper armor on them. Dirt cheap.

For clarity, I would love them if they did that. That’s how you save money without compromising art.

shortstop

So what's so great about Stormtrooper AAs? Couldn't TDA have just gotten cast members to dress up as Stormtroopers just as easily (and maybe more cheaply)?
I mean, couldn’t you say the same thing about any animatronic? But that’s not really the point of animatronics (even if it were true).

George Lucas on a Bench

So what's so great about Stormtrooper AAs? Couldn't TDA have just gotten cast members to dress up as Stormtroopers just as easily (and maybe more cheaply)?

You know, I can't really muster up any entusiasm for seeing storm troopers. Ever since the 2000s, it seems like guys dressed like storm troopers have been everywhere, marching in any parade no matter how inappropriate. All I've seen of this ride aside from the couple vehicles is storm troopers. Storm troopers. Storm troopers. I really hope there's more to it than escaping storm troopers.

mickEblu

You know, I can't really muster up any entusiasm for seeing storm troopers. Ever since the 2000s, it seems like guys dressed like storm troopers have been everywhere, marching in any parade no matter how inappropriate. All I've seen of this ride aside from the couple vehicles is storm troopers. Storm troopers. Storm troopers. I really hope there's more to it than escaping storm troopers.

Well there’s the two AT-ATs, one or two Kylo Ren AAs, a bunch of screens and a hybrid physical/ simulated drop too. All while on a slow meandering trackless vehicles that parks on simulators here and there. Ugh. Now that I type that all out it doesn’t sound that exciting. I’m hoping ROTR’s glory is all in the glue and execution.

mlayton144

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

TROR

Well there’s the two AT-ATs, one or two Kylo Ren AAs, a bunch of screens and a hybrid physical/ simulated drop too. All while on a slow meandering trackless vehicles that parks on simulators here and there. Ugh. Now that I type that all out it doesn’t sound that exciting. I’m hoping ROTR’s glory is all in the glue and execution.
It all reminds me of Mystic Manor a terrible bunch. One thing happening at a time, then another thing happens, and then another. No real flow, no overlapping, no new details to constantly find.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom