News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

WDW Pro

DHS has no excuse to not have any greenery then so it better have some. Honestly, though, I don’t think greenery even would’ve been a real problem.

Neither will have any greenery unless they rush some in. Both parks were designed to have as close to identical as possible expansions to both save on money and to prevent one land from being an improvement over the other. This is ultimately one of two big reasons why SW:GE doesn't begin at Star Tours in Hollywood Studios, then wrap around to Streets of America with a middle entrance/exit behind Muppets. It was a vastly better option for Hollywood Studios, but was scrapped.

Maybe I'm nieve... but I was under the impression that most of the landscaping on SDMT was real plants (not plastic). I was under th impression that it was some of the (real) grass on the mountain that had caught fire. I wouldn't imagine that plastic greenery would catch fire the way the foliage caught fire on SDMT... again, I could be totally wrong...

I'm not sure. All I know is that the plans mid 2014 were to have lots of plastic greenery (including huge faux trees), and just after the fire that was all scrapped.

The 7 Dwarfs fire as I recall looked like a big blaze because it was next to miniature trees.

They shoot off big flamethrowers next to the castle. I'm sure they can have some shrubs in Galaxy Edge.

Stop making excuses.

The issue now is that there are no irrigation pipes for real plants, so it would be difficult to add anything other than faux. However, with the current reception I wouldn't put it beyond them to try to add a lot of green in a rush.

SWGE burning down as a result of misfired fireworks , worse things could happen ?

Ouch.

TROR

Neither will have any greenery unless they rush some in. Both parks were designed to have as close to identical as possible expansions to both save on money and to prevent one land from being an improvement over the other. This is ultimately one of two big reasons why SW:GE doesn't begin at Star Tours in Hollywood Studios, then wrap around to Streets of America with a middle entrance/exit behind Muppets. It was a vastly better option for Hollywood Studios, but was scrapped.
That's moronic. If the lands are different, people will want to experience both. Disney is run by imbeciles.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That poster is still the best thing out of the land. I hope the attraction is as great as that image sells it to be. Disappointed WDW will get the attraction over a month before Disneyland, but I won't be in the park again until the summertime so what do I honestly care.
Based on the lackluster crowds at DLR it’s not surprising they decided to send the resources to FL to finish there first. Gotta start paying off that billion dollars :greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Does anyone know when the AP blackout gets lifted? I'm going mid-August and crossing my fingers the crowds will still be light then. Oh, and I'm also going to WDW December 7th. That should be fun. o_O
What I could find online:

SoCal select blacked out until 9/3
Southern CA 8/26
Deluxe 8/19
Signature is not blacked out all summer

There were some rumblings that they may cancel some of the blackout dates due to attendance issues. I think it was Micechat that said area businesses were asking Disney to remove blackouts because of low crowds and they did apparently remove some of the CM blackouts.

Touchdown

I really don’t think they will remove blackouts, here’s why:
-Flex passes: it’s clear that long term DL wants a majority of their passholders to be flex passeres, if that happens, DL will be able to survey local hotels and release tickets to keep the parks consistently busy but not mobbed every weekend. I fully expect that eventually if you do not book your flex dates two months in advance your date will be sold out.
-If they’ve already written off FY2019, they will want to look FY2020 look better by keeping low numbers this summer so as to proudly report % increase in attendance next year.
-There is only one month left until deluxe passers get back in

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I really don’t think they will remove blackouts, here’s why:
-Flex passes: it’s clear that long term DL wants a majority of their passholders to be flex passeres, if that happens, DL will be able to survey local hotels and release tickets to keep the parks consistently busy but not mobbed every weekend. I fully expect that eventually if you do not book your flex dates two months in advance your date will be sold out.
-If they’ve already written off FY2019, they will want to look FY2020 look better by keeping low numbers this summer so as to proudly report % increase in attendance next year.
-There is only one month left until deluxe passers get back in
I hope you are right. I’ll be there 8/10 for a few nights and would love to see crowds like they have been lately.

DLR>WDW

There’s a pic floating around of the storm troopers installed in the hangar bay and the room is not as big as some are making it out to be (*cough* Jim Hill *cough*). 3 rows of troopers with a fence installed about 5-10 feet in front of them.

ParkPeeker

There’s a pic floating around of the storm troopers installed in the hangar bay and the room is not as big as some are making it out to be (*cough* Jim Hill *cough*). 3 rows of troopers with a fence installed about 5-10 feet in front of them.
where? can I see?

Hawg G

You mean a lot of SWGE rumors are crap?
You mean like how the Falcon was to have hundreds of interactive elements?
Or how Smugglers Run was Sooooo much more advanced than Star Tours.

mickEblu

Honestly I think SWL is underperforming is great for DLs future. First because Maybe they actually might start realizing what really makes DL special. Second - would anyone complain if they stopped investing in DL? At least while Chapek and Iger are in charge? If it saves gems like Storybookland and even small things like those wonderful planters in NOS with the statues it can only be a good thing. I have no confidence in this company doing anything at DL at the moment. I’ve seen enough to now to know I prefer what’s there over the unknown. Some BS Frozen or BATB ride would most likely be a net loss. I’m not even sure I want them to touch Autopia at this point.

Last edited:

ParkPeeker

I found it on reddit by googling, but it got deleted just as I was about to post it holy crap

Seeing it got me a bit more excited, I really hope the ride turns out great

edit: I hope no one lost their job with that leak yikes

Hawg G

I found it on reddit by googling, but it got deleted just as I was about to post it holy crap

Seeing it got me a bit more excited, I really hope the ride turns out great

edit: I hope no one lost their job with that leak yikes

It ain't deleted. It's in plain view on Reddit's Galaxysedge sub right now.

And I count about 42(!) of those supposed 100 AAs. So, what, that means there are 9 actual other AAs, or 51, which we can round up to 100?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom