News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

MoonRakerSCM

So, to pick apart the ride itself. You rotate one time at the beginning (while on the pad), and you rotate again at the end (on the pad again)... how many times/ when does it also rotate during the ride?

There's... seven pods per carousel? So the ride should rotate 4 additional times during the main portion of the video?

TrainsOfDisney

That’s the thing... for as complex as the ride system is, it’s not very impressive. Like the Harry Potter rides (hogwarts and the bank) are super impressive and mix video with physical sets. I’m not saying either are perfect, but you see where the money went. This literally feels like an Xbox game.

I think the ride is actually kinda fun, but not as impressive as Avatar that’s for sure.

TP2000

Interesting. I thought it had motion too. So you just sit in a chair and watch the screen? Why does it have a height requirement? Star Tours has been around for like 30 years, it’s disappointing they couldn’t even match the technology let alone surpass it.

The Falcon ride has a lower height requirement than Star Tours. When I sat in the back row next to the sullen teen, dutifully pushing fake buttons that didn't do anything, I could tell there wasn't much motion. Just shaking and jiggling. But when you sit in the front as a pilot you get more into it and the shaking seems more convincing.

But as a whole, it's a much milder ride experience compared to the bucking bronco that is Star Tours 2.0.

I said this in my land review, but the Falcon ride seems like the simulator ride that WDI would have built in 1986 had they had 2010's technology and the space available in the smallish Monsanto ride building. I mean honestly, which would you rather do; be one of 50 passengers on a tourist spacebus, or fly the flipping Millennium Falcon and sit in the same seat that Chewbacca did?

But for whatever reason, they made the Falcon ride milder than Star Tours and thus gave it a shorter height requirement.

The real answer here is probably just to close Star Tours and let Tomorrowland move on. Not having Star Tours a five minute walk away would also be flattering to the Millennium Falcon ride. Like when the hot wild woman leaves the party and the other ladies suddenly look better.

Last edited:

britain

So, to pick apart the ride itself. You rotate one time at the beginning (while on the pad), and you rotate again at the end (on the pad again)... how many times/ when does it also rotate during the ride?

There's... seven pods per carousel? So the ride should rotate 4 additional times during the main portion of the video?

Yes, you just don’t perceive the additional rotation movement because more aggressive action is also taking place.

vancee

Was this posted at all on here? This picture was taken fairly recently apparently. Could this mean we are pretty close... to maybe at least a soft opening?

]

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well tell us the exact day then :p

:)

It just doesn't comport with what all the insiders are saying: definitely not ready. Maybe in a month or two, or maybe in 3-4 months depending on the source.

A fan site got hold of a picture of a recent addition to the RotR queue, that's all it is. Remember, it was supposed to be ready about now, so, its arrival is on time.

Last edited:

SSG

Ripped off from Twitter:

Nick Tierce @nickytea

To enable your interactive "reputation" across #GalaxysEdge, certain shop checkout terminals have a dedicated Bluetooth profile reader and screen to display your rank and achievements from the #PlayDisneyParks Datapad app.
D-9-kFbU8AQdhg9.jpg

britain

I think the major difference between this and Mission Space is that it’s pretty obvious that your MS buttons do nothing, whereas your Falcon controls do actually work, it’s just that the plot will move on if you are a second or two late. AND you get no credit for avoiding damage, or for TIEs you didn’t shoot, repairs never made, etc.

JD2000

I am no longer sure about something. Can you choose between two modes as gunner(s)? Automatic: one button; no need to aim. Manual: three buttons; aim up, straight, or down?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom