News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Rich T

Falcon’s Run was a mistake of an attraction. They should’ve just built an indoor space coaster where the riders pilot an X Wing or a TIE and they fly around and through a Star Destroyer.
And, actually, Disney could have simply built a huge suspended outdoor roller coaster with minimally X-Wing-themed seats, called it "Death Star Run" and it would have been every bit as mobbed and popular as Smuggler's Run will be. It's to their credit that they didn't do that (though in the long run, the coaster might have turned out to be the better ride). Hey, lookit me thinking like a Disney exec!

mickEblu

And, actually, Disney could have simply built a huge suspended outdoor roller coaster with minimally X-Wing-themed seats, called it "Death Star Run" and it would have been every bit as mobbed and popular as Smuggler's Run will be. It's to their credit that they didn't do that (though in the long run, the coaster might have turned out to be the better ride). Hey, lookit me thinking like a Disney exec!

I think we can all agree if we had the choice we would take a Star Wars coaster and a Falcon walk thru. No one feels like they re flying that dang video game.

RIP Ewok coaster

mickEblu

It’s very cool and I was convinced I would buy one but is it just me or does older Pee Wee not sound like younger Pee Wee from Star Tours? Or maybe the sound is just coming out a little muffled? I dunno being that he’s $150, not in his original form and I’m not thrilled with the sound I might pass.

Phroobar

It’s very cool and I was convinced I would buy one but is it just me or does older Pee Wee not sound like younger Pee Wee from Star Tours? Or maybe the sound is just coming out a little muffled? I dunno being that he’s $150, not in his original form and I’m not thrilled with the sound I might pass.
A little paint and some dremel work, he could look like the Star Speeder version.

mickEblu

Stop insulting my precious N64.

I LOVED N64. But those graphics have no place on a roller coaster in 2019.

Ocarina of Time is still the greatest video game eve created. I have many fond memories of playing Super Mario 64 for hours my freshmen year of high school. Turok, WaveRunner, Banjo Kazooie, Donkey Kong Country, Diddy Kong Racing, Mario Kart ( I think I might be the best in the world), Shadows of the Empire, Rogue Squadron, Pod Racers... good times.

Rich T

This whole idea of people hiking around GE with interactive droids strapped to their backs in bulky backpacks...In the world's most mobbed theme park land... Oh, I'm being silly. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

Rich T

I LOVED N64. But those graphics have no place on a roller coaster in 2019.

Ocarina of Time is still the greatest video game eve created. I have many fond memories of playing Super Mario 64 for hours my freshmen year of high school. Turok, WaveRunner, Banjo Kazooie, Donkey Kong Country, Diddy Kong Racing, Mario Kart ( I think I might be the best in the world), Shadows of the Empire, Rogue Squadron, Pod Racers... good times.
All those! Plus Star Fox 64 with the controller Rumble Pack!

Snow Queen

This whole idea of people hiking around GE with interactive droids strapped to their backs in bulky backpacks...In the world's most mobbed theme park land... Oh, I'm being silly. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?
Look at the bright side, if you break it, it's only $100 for a new one. And then $100 for a new one after someone spills blue milk on that one. And then $100 for another after you try to roll it on the ground and someone kicks it like a soccer ball. Really, it's a bargain what they're doing.

George Lucas on a Bench

So, you want the immersion of a ramp, going into an actual MF, but you're OK with a elevator into the MF? Where would this elevator be located that wouldn't ruin the immersion?

I don't really care about any of this anyway, but just an FYI Lando actually took an elevator in the MF when he rescued Luke at the end of Episode V.

Phroobar

I don't really care about any of this anyway, but just an FYI Lando actually took an elevator in the MF when he rescued Luke at the end of Episode V.
Very true.

8c3d3d420240dfadea534e054d9e95cf.jpg

top_hatch_2.jpg

SuddenStorm

Has it been confirmed that you won't be able to construct the proper Rex, with the proper dialogue?

If the DJ Rex colors, head, and dialogue are the only options... then it's a definite pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom