News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

SirWillow

But go to 3 Broomsticks, and the place is packed on Slow Days, same with Moe's Tavern.
So yes, in 10 years, 200 seats will still probably not be enough seats for the Cantina.

Three Broomsticks is still packed with lines waiting to get in on slow days in Florida as well. So are many of the shops. That whole area is constantly busy, and it's one area that you wouldn't know a slow day was one except for the shorter lines for the Potter rides.

To play devil's advocate, isn't the wand experience thing still popular at Universal? I honestly don't know, so asking.

The two times that we wanted to do the wand show at Olivanders in the last year and a half, that's what we rope dropped. (We used the Universal Express pass for the rides). On days in mid January and February, when the park was slow, it had a 30 minute wait for it when we came out, and later on in the day it was posted at 45 minutes.

If Potter is any indication of what SW:GE is going to be like, all of it is going to be busy for years to come. Every bit of it.

lifeisgoodboy

Star wars galaxy edge preview

mickEblu

You know I’m starting to feel really unappreciated by Disney. With all the time we spend talking about Disneyland and all the money we spend there- no invite? Feels like a very one sided relationship. It’s like when you watch your team lose and you re really upset but then see on TMZ they were out partying the same night, parking at the fancy restaurant in their Ferrari.

lifeisgoodboy

Darkbeer1

N
I'm going on 5/21. Not bragging, just saying. Well, OK, I'm bragging. A little. OK, a lot. NEENER, NEENER, NEENER, press corps!!!

At more than one press event I was invited to, I also had VIP invites and/or industrial guest credentials. And it put me in some strange situations.

One is how the different tiers are treated, one is the meals. The VIP spread is much nicer than the press. As for the industrial folks, they are mainly still working and don't have time to eat.

But then came the events, where I had to take photos from the camera platform, but also sometimes be in front of it. That was taken care of by some great people, sometimes someone would use my camera, sometimes they broke the "wall" and called me out while standing with the press,

And then there were the interviews. Many times, I did mine for the most part in advance, so I could just release it right after the event. This came in handy, as sometimes I had to be interviewed by others.

It was interesting to say the least. a challenge, but a fun one.

So, OM, be proud of your NEENER, but remember, a few of the press was at the first CM event.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

N

At more than one press event I was invited to, I also had VIP invites and/or industrial guest credentials. And it put me in some strange situations.

One is how the different tiers are treated, one is the meals. The VIP spread is much nicer than the press. As for the industrial folks, they are mainly still working and don't have time to eat.

But then came the events, where I had to take photos from the camera platform, but also sometimes be in front of it. That was taken care of by some great people, sometimes someone would use my camera, sometimes they broke the "wall" and called me out while standing with the press,

And then there were the interviews. Many times, I did mine for the most part in advance, so I could just release it right after the event. This came in handy, as sometimes I had to be interviewed by others.

So, OM, be proud of your NEENER, but remember, a few of the press was at the first CM event.
Are you two done comparing who has the larger exclusivity??? Afterall everyone knows It's not the size of your back stage access but how you use it. Boys will be boys.

ProfessorPepper

I visited Batuu today and my absolute favorite part was all the sounds. Every time an atmospheric sound played I went wild with enthusiasm. The MF feels alive if you hang around a while to listen to her engines struggling to spool up or the mechanics yelling over the loudspeakers to each other about their frustrations with repairing her. There's also really crazy 3D infinity-channel stereo Dolby Atmos level sounds of Podracers zooming across the land just beyond where you can see (read: realism achieved).

It absolutely feels like you left Disneyland, left Earth, and are on another planet.

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I absolutely agree and argued the same point in this thread, that the land needs to be themed off what made the series have a long lasting legacy. The original trilogy. People don’t want “Hando” and “Kylo Ren” they want Luke, Chewie, and Darth Vader. I think “The First Order” and “Resistance” is so lame, just renamed Empire and Rebellion but without any back story.

The fact that the main ride is entirely based off the sequel trilogy and has the actors of it playing their roles is going to really date the ride and lessen its appeal. You know which characters don’t lose appeal? The ones that have already been around 40 years and have been loved by generations of people.

People argue “It’s a land for all era of Star Wars” but besides some toys they might sell I fail to see how.

One day we can only hope the land will change.
Thank you!! Finally someone elese gets my point of view!!

Incomudro

I visited Batuu today and my absolute favorite part was all the sounds. Every time an atmospheric sound played I went wild with enthusiasm. The MF feels alive if you hang around a while to listen to it's engines struggling to spool up or the mechanics yelling over the loudspeakers to each other about their frustrations with repairing her. There's also really crazy 3D infinity-channel stereo Dolby Atmos level sounds of Podracers zooming across the land just beyond where you can see (read: realism achieved).

It absolutely feels like you left Disneyland, left Earth, and are on another planet.

This is really cool information.

Old Mouseketeer

N

Well, I'm proud of my snark. But the reality is that you went to many of those professionally or because of the contacts you built up over the years. My friend and I are going because it's a CM freebie.

VJ

From the site that shall not be named...

The most anticipated theme park addition of all time is opening in just a few days at Disneyland Park, and Guest Relations is getting ready to handle the mobs of guests who are coming for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

The Guest Relations Tip Board will be moving across Main Street, U.S.A. and the Hub to in front of the Plaza Inn as part of Project Stardust

A new Guest Relations kiosk will be placed under the train bridge and secondary entrance into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge from Big Thunder Trail in Frontierland as well. The entrance from Critter Country will be handling those with reservations to see the land.

Every Guest Relations Cast Member will receive a “Guest Relations D Pin” to wear in preparation for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge concerns and situations. This breaks Disneyland tradition of reserving the gold D Pin for those who are tour guides or VIP Tour Hosts and Hostesses, but should prevent escalation of concerns to supervisors simply for a Cast Member not having a “D-Pin”, which to our surprise, reportedly happens a lot.

If you’re planning on visiting the park and need to access the Tip Board or a Guest Relations kiosk, keep these new locations in mind. Also keep in mind that while Guest Relations Cast Members on site will be able to help with existing Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge reservations, reservations for the land are fully booked up.

George Lucas on a Bench

I absolutely agree and argued the same point in this thread, that the land needs to be themed off what made the series have a long lasting legacy. The original trilogy. People don’t want “Hando” and “Kylo Ren” they want Luke, Chewie, and Darth Vader. I think “The First Order” and “Resistance” is so lame, just renamed Empire and Rebellion but without any back story.

The fact that the main ride is entirely based off the sequel trilogy and has the actors of it playing their roles is going to really date the ride and lessen its appeal. You know which characters don’t lose appeal? The ones that have already been around 40 years and have been loved by generations of people.

People argue “It’s a land for all era of Star Wars” but besides some toys they might sell I fail to see how.

One day we can only hope the land will change.

I would rather see those characters as well. I'd actually rather see the prequel characters. That being said, this is a Disney Star Wars park obviously based on their series and not what came before it. It's all very calculated.

sedati

A question for anyone that has been lucky enough to go there: what are the metal flooring of the Falcon like? It looks like a grating, but that would be tricky with any guest with heels. It looks very convincing in the VR that they just released, but I’m assuming it doesn’t actually have much in the way of gaps or even ridges.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom