News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This permit was just filed. Not sure what it means.

SGN2019-00092Disney - SW - Frontierland - Installation of illuminated show set sign anchored to wall. Reads "TBD warning" (Star wars language)

Translation for mods: Warning!
If you cried when seeing the Millennial Falcon
you will wet your pants on this ride.
Please ask a Cast Member for diapers.

Last edited:

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
The sabers you quoted won’t be on that list because the BYOS experience at Savi’s is all custom.

Legacy hilts for sale will include the Skywalker saber, Luke’s ROTJ, Vader’s ESB, Kylo’s, Ahsoka’s, the Temple Guard’s, Maul’s Asajj Ventress’, and Mace Windu’s. There will be an additional hilt for sale on opening day that they are keeping secret for now.

Just build your own at home:

http://bigyellowbox.tripod.com/

All the parts you can purchase at hardware stores, though I'm not sure if everything is still available. I built styles 5, 6, & 8 about ten years ago for Halloween costumes and they turned out great. Sadly I sold them on Ebay and still don't have them.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
...for the Tibidee creatures from Rebels...they like to swoop down and get stirred up by radio transmissions.

My bad. I was wondering why they would abbreviate it, but then I saw this:

Tibidees were created for "Rise of the Old Masters", the third episode of the first season of Star Wars Rebels. The name was a result of the creature originally being unnamed, and therefore labeled "TBD" for "to be determined." The letters "TBD" then became tibidee.

The Grand Inquisitor

just wait. people will go "cool AA but where is HAN AND CHEWIE" or "WHY WASN'T IT A CHEWIE ROBOT" just wait. and I never cared about the EU or the new Disney EU. it is all just fan fiction even if it was liscensed or created directly by LUCASFILM. the only thing that ever mattered were the films. its not like Harry Potter where it was a book series made into films. when someone has a star wars film marathon they don't stop so they can watch all of the clone wars series between episodes 2 or 3 or read 9 novels that take place between EMPIRE and RETURN OF THE JEDI. again I don't hate that there is going to be a star wars land on principal. I have issues with what era they chose to set the land and the creative decisions and execution they have shown so far. I do hope the land is a success. I know I went a little over board in my previous posts but I was more over exaggerating for fun since this is the internet afterall. but I am no fool. I think the fools are the ones who think everything Disney has done is perfect and never questions their decisions and accepts them with blind faith. that is foolish. to quote obi wan, "whose more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"
A chewbecca robot would have made no sense. They would have to have somebody be the translator for what he is saying and that would get boring real fast. Also nobody is going to ask where han is because the public knows he died in ep 7. Plus chewbecca will still play a part in the ride. I agree with what you said about people blindly following disney, but you have to admit Galaxy's Edge is going to be awesome no matter what it is based on.

SWGalaxysEdge

Last night, someone I would describe as a "casual fan" asked me if we were building a Star Wars land in California like we are in Florida....

Life is funny folks. This is just a friendly reminder.

..have to admit, I was pretty surprised by the number of "fans" at celebration who had never seen anything about SWGE, went to the panel and were blown away by the "new" footage they showed...if that's any indicator, about 5% of everyone going to SWGE will have any clue whatsoever - and that's just "fans" I am talking about - not Joe tourist who has zero clue and stumbles upon it. I assume the poor marketing is on purpose just like Bob said...

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
..have to admit, I was pretty surprised by the number of "fans" at celebration who had never seen anything about SWGE, went to the panel and were blown away by the "new" footage they showed...if that's any indicator, about 5% of everyone going to SWGE will have any clue whatsoever - and that's just "fans" I am talking about - not Joe tourist who has zero clue and stumbles upon it. I assume the **** poor marketing is on purpose just like Bob said...

I see a commercial for it on a nightly basis here in California. I'm wondering if on the Eastern side of the country they aren't showing any yet because it doesn't open at WDW until August.

truecoat

..have to admit, I was pretty surprised by the number of "fans" at celebration who had never seen anything about SWGE, went to the panel and were blown away by the "new" footage they showed...if that's any indicator, about 5% of everyone going to SWGE will have any clue whatsoever - and that's just "fans" I am talking about - not Joe tourist who has zero clue and stumbles upon it. I assume the **** poor marketing is on purpose just like Bob said...

Someone on a forum once told the story of a guy crying in the Contemporary hotel lobby. He just realized he spent a lot of money for nothing taking his family to Harry Potter.

We're seeing them in SoCal, and I saw it on TV in a bar at the San Francisco airport last week. Family in Seattle texted me that they saw the Star Wars Land commercial and want to know if they can crash at Uncle TP2000's place this summer. The commercials are running daily at least west of the Rockies.
Yep- They are running the Galaxy’s Edge Disneyland ads across the NorCal and Central Valley 1-2 times daily.

Stripes

We're seeing them in SoCal, and I saw it on TV in a bar at the San Francisco airport last week. Family in Seattle texted me that they saw the Star Wars Land commercial and want to know if they can crash at Uncle TP2000's place this summer. The commercials are running daily at least west of the Rockies.
We've seen this commercial a few times up here in Washington as well. I think they cut out the Disneyworld bit at the end though.

Old Mouseketeer

Was this poster in the DL forum yet? View attachment 365695

To expand on what I have said in the WDW Falcon thread, this is a tremendous piece of work by member 180*. I think it's upwards of 75% accurate in terms of how one Hondo room leads to two Falcon interiors, each feeding two turntables and one ADA cockpit. It could be up into the 90% range, but we'll have to see after it opens. I think it will be interesting to see how they have adapted the interior configuration to basically allow access to three cockpits each. I am hopeful that I will be pleasantly surprised--there is certainly the opportunity for an elegant bit of slight-of-hand that preserves the impression of being inside the Falcon we have come to love over 40 years, while making it function in a high-capacity environment. Open, open, open....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom