News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Supreme Leader

We got a merch thread to satisfy both parks now!

oops. My bad!

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

So after rewatching the movies (you know, the REAL canon), I realized that I never once saw anyone go to the bathroom. It got me thinking...Disney really missed the ball here. Restrooms in Galaxy's Edge clearly defies canon and completely destroys immersion.
Oh they covered it. what do you think Luke was floating in while he was in that giant tube on HOTH in EMPIRE STRIKES BACK as he was healing? wasn't blue milk or water that much I can tell you.

lifeisgoodboy

From Laughing Place:

Today’s #GalaxysEdge merchandise display highlights Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities, which sells artifacts from the entire history of the #StarWars galaxy like this bust of General Grievous. #StarWarsCelebration
D4NK1osX4AEEecJ.jpg

D4NK1osWkAErFKc.jpg

D4NK1opXsAEfI-r.jpg

My favorite star wars character.

lifeisgoodboy

This is from a book review of Pirate's Price on LaughingPlace, if you're looking for backstory of Batuu:

But many adult Star Wars fans who pick up this book– myself included– will be most interested in analyzing the abundance of new tidbits we get about the inner workings of Oga’s Cantina, the surrounding Black Spire Outpost, and Batuu in general, with all likelihood being that these are nods to what we can expect when we finally get the chance to step through the entrance to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. There are some good details presented here (the hilt of an old lightsaber being used as a bar tap being a highlight) but mostly this novel gives a good idea of the overall hustle and bustle of Batuu, and the feeling one might have just hanging out and breathing in the city’s atmosphere.

Not to spoil too much, but the story does end with a direct setup for the Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run attraction at Galaxy’s Edge, and Pirate’s Price will become a good resource for anyone walking out of that experience this summer and wanting more information about its in-universe backstory. And maybe the product placement for a drink called the Carbon Freeze may earn Disney a few more dollars this year.

A great book to read it your a star wars fan. I got the saying on the bottom of the post below here from this book. ⬇⬇⬇

Incomudro

I hate to be the one to spoil this for you, but cane sugar (sucrose) and high fructose corn syrup are both roughly half/half fructose and glucose. The "high fructose" in high fructose corn syrup comes from a process that bumps the fructose level of corn syrup up to be similar to cane sugar.

It's probably cutting out the fructose in the bulk of your diet that has contributed to better health.

View attachment 365040

Yes, I was going to say this.
There is no way that if one consumes the exact same products in the exact same quantities - but merely replaces fructose versions with glucose versions - that they would lose any weight.
Splitting hairs over which version of refined sugar one consumes is meaningless.
Reducing refined sugar is where it's at.

SSG

Those lightsabers look much nicer than the build a lightsaber sets we have now. Nice upgrade. Personally, I would rather have one made of out of metal like ones made by Ultrasabers.

The sabers at GE are metal. A lot of people at Celebration were tweeting out pictures. This guy for one:

David Daut‏ @DavidMDaut

Lightsaber building at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Pieces are made of diecast metal (though finish makes some look like plastic). Four different styles, each has five points of variance with two options to choose from (total of 128 possible combinations). #StarWarsCelebration
D4OWh7_W4AEPhq9.jpg

D4OWh8BXkAAaSqD.jpg

D4OWh8FW0AIfH4C.jpg

VJ

So after rewatching the movies (you know, the REAL canon), I realized that I never once saw anyone go to the bathroom. It got me thinking...Disney really missed the ball here. Restrooms in Galaxy's Edge clearly defies canon and completely destroys immersion.
Someone goes to the "refresher" in an episode of Star Wars Rebels. Pretty much a high-tech metallic bathroom stall.

VJ

The sabers at GE are metal. A lot of people at Celebration were tweeting out pictures. This guy for one:

David Daut‏ @DavidMDaut

Lightsaber building at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Pieces are made of diecast metal (though finish makes some look like plastic). Four different styles, each has five points of variance with two options to choose from (total of 128 possible combinations). #StarWarsCelebration
D4OWh7_W4AEPhq9.jpg

D4OWh8BXkAAaSqD.jpg

D4OWh8FW0AIfH4C.jpg
I'm glad the sabers are made of metal. They looked like plastic on the Star Wars Show stream (and that's why I posted what I did previously).

Rich T

Mad Magazine's Sergio Aragones did the perfect SW gag back in '77: Luke walks into the cantina restroom and is faced with a wall of bizarre toilets and urinals designed for various alien species. If Disney actually built something like this... I'd forgive them for shortening the river.
(EDIT)
Imagine if Lucas had thought of that gag for the original film: Audiences would have died laughing. I guess there's no real place in the pacing of the scene for it, though.

Last edited:

Old Mouseketeer

Mad Magazine's Sergio Aragones did the perfect SW gag back in '77: Luke walks into the cantina restroom and is faced with a wall of bizarre toilets and urinals designed for various alien species. If Disney actually built something like this... I'd forgive them for shortening the river.

There was a great gag on this in Galaxy Quest. Alan Rickman's character is shown to his quarters and his bed is great big spikes that come up out of the floor. In the deleted scenes they open the panel to his bathroom and it's even more bizarre.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom