News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well not necessarily. There is only one episode left in the Skywalker saga. So if Episode 9 doesn’t really alter what they have going on in Galaxies Edge then they re kind of in the clear.

The question will be if these characters go beyond EP9. Rey, Poe, and Finn likely will. Kylo maybe, we'll see. So if Kylo continues beyond EP9 they'll likely have to update the land to remain in continuity, or else unofficially say the land is stuck in pre-EP9 continuity.

mickEblu

The question will be if these characters go beyond EP9. Rey, Poe, and Finn likely will. Kylo maybe, we'll see. So if Kylo continues beyond EP9 they'll likely have to update the land to remain in continuity, or else unofficially say the land is stuck in pre-EP9 continuity.

Yeah. I was under the impression that all of the characters “died” with Ep 9

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yeah. I was under the impression that all of the characters “died” with Ep 9

I doubt it. But we'll see. And if they do all die at the end of EP9, then what about the attractions with their references? They really going to update it a couple months after opening to remove them?

DLR>WDW

I doubt it. But we'll see. And if they do all die at the end of EP9, then what about the attractions with their references? They really going to update it a couple months after opening to remove them?
The land isn’t set at a present day time in the Star Wars universe. It appears it’s set between episodes 8/9, as it’s the only way the First Order can have such a reign throughout the Galaxy and the current lineup of characters to be at the postionions they are in (ie Rey, Finn, Poe, Kylo).

BrianLo

Original Poster
I just interpret us as a bunch of passionate/ knowledgeable fans that have experience and like to express our opinion. I really don’t think the majority of us care what anyone does with our opinion. You may see it a different way. I’m pretty sure @BrianLo could care less if someone rides Gringotts or not.

Indeed. Everyone (if able) should ride it.

I'm just passionate and think Gringott's gets a pass because it is attached to easily a top 5 land, has a banging queue scene and has some pretty nifty ride tech.

But everything that is wrong with Universal Creative is on display in Gringott's. It has long been the canary in the coal mine that quite literally delivered unto us Drupercharger.

Imagineering seems to have a different problem. An A team, B team and C team... who get A-team concepts and C-team concepts.

UC just seems to have a B-team and a really good partnership with Warner Brother's set designers. I want the set designers to design a ride. They might, finally, be getting better.

mickEblu

Well then the timetable is set on those characters. I just think it’s odd to have the land set between 8 and 9 when you have everything coming to an end very soon. However, they know stuff we don’t and maybe that’s just not possible.... like Kylo being alive. I just think it would be kind of weak to have the headlining attraction built around a character set to die in a few months.

Jones14

Well then the timetable is set on those characters. I just think it’s odd to have the land set between 8 and 9 when you have everything coming to an end very soon. However, they know stuff we don’t and maybe that’s just not possible.... like Kylo being alive. I just think it would be kind of weak to have the headlining attraction built around a character set to die in a few months.
Okay, but it’s gotta be one of those options. He’s gotta die, be redeemed, or both in IX, and I can guarantee he’s not gonna do any of those things in the ride.

It’s the nature of attractions that tie into movies. Some encompass the whole movie (Snow White, Pinocchio), some are set in an alternate version of the movie (Gringotts, Transformers), and some are set in a specific timeline during or between films (Radiator Springs Racers, Star Tours 2’s original sequences). Rise is an example of the latter.

Doc isn’t alive during the second and third Cars movies, but he’s still in the ride. The same with Star Tours 2, which has Vader alive and kicking since they initially set the ride between 3/4, despite the fact that he’s long gone in terms of where we are as an audience.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Yeah,
Okay, but it’s gotta be one of those options. He’s gotta die, be redeemed, or both in IX, and I can guarantee he’s not gonna do any of those things in the ride.

It’s the nature of attractions that tie into movies. Some encompass the whole movie (Snow White, Pinocchio), some are set in an alternate version of the movie (Gringotts, Transformers), and some are set in a specific timeline during or between films (Radiator Springs Racers, Star Tours 2’s original sequences). Rise is an example of the latter.

Doc isn’t alive during the second and third Cars movies, but he’s still in the ride. The same with Star Tours 2, which has Vader alive and kicking since they initially set the ride between 3/4, despite the fact that he’s long gone in terms of where we are as an audience.

I understand. I just think it’s an odd choice. To set the land in a specific place in time right before Ep 9 comes in and wraps things up. Maybe they should have chose to build the attraction around an original villain, the same way they chose to base the land around an original location.

fctiger

They were already announced 4 months ago.

I mean actual details, ie, what will it be about, when it will take place, characters, opening dates, etc, etc, etc. We know more are coming but that's literally ALL we know. And it would be nice if they can clear up what is actually happening vs just a rumor.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The land isn’t set at a present day time in the Star Wars universe. It appears it’s set between episodes 8/9, as it’s the only way the First Order can have such a reign throughout the Galaxy and the current lineup of characters to be at the postionions they are in (ie Rey, Finn, Poe, Kylo).

Yes I'm aware of the timeline its set in, this is why we are discussing it.

My point in previous posts was to say they could just be doing like Marvel Land and say it falls outside the greater continuity of the movies. That way they don't have to quickly update the attraction when a movie changes one of the characters. Because it'll be odd for them to update and remove characters from the attractions when EP9 comes out a couple months after opening.

So in my mind it'll just be "stuck" in that time period between EP8 and EP9.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

I get your point, but ultimately its the nature of the beast. In order to not have to constantly update the attraction every few months when a SW TV Show or Movie makes a change to the SW continuity, it'll just be frozen in a specific time period.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disneyland Cast Members react to being part of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge opening team

Who was it that was saying that they couldn't find CMs to work SWL?

Found it!...
Read this from Westsider from the site we dont speak of... Rat Talk. A lot of it is regarding concerns that many have shared on the topic of SWL capacity/ operations but I believe he has a good rep/ some inside info and goes into a bit more detail.

"Management is already having a difficult time getting people to apply to go to GE. They need hundreds of CM's just for attractions, but very few people applied. The problem is that the Test and Adjust crew has been there for a year now, and they know all the problems the rides will face. Management also had a hard time getting quality candidates to fill the middle managers and front line management spots, and TDA filled the management teams with some very inexperienced candidates. There are respected DL managers with decades of experience who said "No way in heck!" would they go to GE, and that has filtered down to the hourly CM's with seniority too. The smart CM's are staying away.

A random poster on a Micechat forum who's heard stuff. In fact in finding the original post, Westsider begins their news report with these famous words...

"Word on the street..."

🙄

JD2000

Just a thought:

If they set a one alcoholic drink per guest, per day; the limited seating at the cantina would be less of an issue.

SuddenStorm

In general is MiceChat looked at as unreliable or negative forum? Not sure of the history.

Yes and yes. I have about 1k posts there under a different name, from 2014 till about 6 months ago. In that time, it's become increasingly negative, and a sort of internal war has started between the Disney "critics" who aren't really critics as much as they are radical complainers, and Disney's "apologists" who range from the "a little to much pixie dust" crowd to people who I think are actually rational in their approach to the parks. It's actually quite amusing to be honest.

Most moderators have left, and the one that remains is often not online and does very little actual moderating. A number of people have been banned for basically no reason.

Bongocrab88

Yes and yes. I have about 1k posts there under a different name, from 2014 till about 6 months ago. In that time, it's become increasingly negative, and a sort of internal war has started between the Disney "critics" who aren't really critics as much as they are radical complainers, and Disney's "apologists" who range from the "a little to much pixie dust" crowd to people who I think are actually rational in their approach to the parks. It's actually quite amusing to be honest.

Most moderators have left, and the one that remains is often not online and does very little actual moderating. A number of people have been banned for basically no reason.

What a shame. I used to go to their site a long awhile back when it was MiceAge, I remember Al Lutz would post really interesting rumor articles. Looks like the entire place is different now. Content on these forums seems much more informative and interesting.

I'll take their gloom and doom hearsay with the necessary salt.

Darkbeer1

What a shame. I used to go to their site a long awhile back when it was MiceAge, I remember Al Lutz would post really interesting rumor articles. Looks like the entire place is different now. Content on these forums seems much more informative and interesting.

I happened to be invited to provide content to MiceAge before MiceChat was formed, and enjoyed the years I got to work with Al Lutz at both MousePlanet and MiceAge. I made a decision to leave MiceAge when MiceChat basically took over MiceAge.

I prefer to not commit about MiceChat, as that is not my place. They are welcome to do their thing.

Currently, this is the only Disney Board I post at, and my role has morphed/changed to now being an Anaheim Insider with strong political connections. (I had them back when I provided content to many of the Disney boards, as the politics of the city and how it dealt with Disney in the 1990's and early 2000's had a major impact on the resort.)

Now I am a member of S.O.A.R., which decides how to spend Disney's funds, along with other sources to influence politics in the city. And we are talking serious six digit numbers. We are working to get the message out to the residents that the Resort District brings in a lot of tax revenues that support the city, and making sure through the AnaheI'M FIRST program that $250 Million over 10 years impacts every neighborhood in the city. And the way to make sure this happens means a partnership, where the city benefits in increasing the economic engine of the city.

Tonight I attended a meeting about Coyotes and a small housing project. Kinda miss having to go to the parks a lot more often......

drod1985

My point in previous posts was to say they could just be doing like Marvel Land and say it falls outside the greater continuity of the movies.

That’s not how Disney/Lucasfilm have said GE is working.

So in my mind it'll just be "stuck" in that time period between EP8 and EP9.

That is exactly how Disney/Lucasfilm said GE is working.

They also said they have the ability to allow certain aspects of the park grow/change over time. Those changes will more likely be to the Batuu/Black Spire story elements rather than the story elements connecting to the ST.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom