News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Epcot_Imagineer

That’s a decent point. Although the Wicked Witch is dead. She died in the movie and on the attraction and yet every time I ride Snow White, there she is.
I think the point SSG is trying to make is that Harrison Ford would charge Disney a preposterous amount to have his likeness, Han, in the ride; the Wicked Witch does not require any payment to be resurrected!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The thing is Han is dead. Whether you like it or not Han wasn't going to be part of the ride.

For the expansion pad, we can do a Han Solo free fall ride!

socalifornian

The thing is Han is dead. Whether you like it or not Han wasn't going to be part of the ride. Harrison wanted to do only 1 movie then to be killed off. Harrison didn't even do the Indy ride at Disneyland what makes you think he would've wanted to do this ride.

I realize all of that, Han was from the perspective of a Disney Parks fan, these are the possible choices canonically aside from Chewy: Lando, Ducain, the Irving’s, Plutt, Rey

mickEblu

I think the point SSG is trying to make is that Harrison Ford would charge Disney a preposterous amount to have his likeness, Han, in the ride; the Wicked Witch does not require any payment to be resurrected!

I don’t think that was SSG but yeah it doesnt seem like Harrison is the easiest to work with. Sorry I forget how he got brought into the discussion? I wouldn’t have wanted a Han AA in the Falcon. I’d much rather have a non humanoid. Plus we already have a Harrison AA in IJA.

drod1985

So we better not kill Kylo Ren then in ROTR otherwise the second time I ride I’m going to have serious issues.

.... and he better not die in Episode 9

GE is set between TLJ and IX.

So the bigger inconsistency (at least as far as we’ve seen) is Kylo’s mask looks like it did pre-TLJ.

Kylo has repaired that helmet for IX though, and it uses some sort of red adhesive. Not sure if that’ll be present in ROTR

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The only new movies that have been announced have been Rian Johnson's trilogy (announced December 2017) and the Benioff and Weiss series (announced February 2018), both of which are unconnected to the Skywalker saga.

The Skywalker saga ends with EP9, unless something has changed.

The RJ trilogy was to expand the SW movies beyond the Skywalker family.

There is sure to be other movies announced at Celebration, D23, or at Comic-Con.

mickEblu

GE is set between TLJ and IX.

So the bigger inconsistency (at least as far as we’ve seen) is Kylo’s mask looks like it did pre-TLJ.

Kylo has repaired that helmet for IX though, and it uses some sort of red adhesive. Not sure if that’ll be present in ROTR

True but Episode 9 comes out in December and I doubt that they went the Kylo direction in the ride if he dies in Episode 9- leaving ROTR only accurate with Galaxies edge timeline for a few months in 2019.

So basically the fact that he’s in ROTR is one big spoiler and he’s not dying in Episode 9.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
True but Episode 9 comes out in December and I doubt that they went the Kylo direction in the ride if he dies in Episode 9- leaving ROTR only accurate with Galaxies edge timeline for a few months in 2019.

So basically the fact that he’s in ROTR is one big spoiler and he’s not dying in Episode 9.
Unless the go the Marvel route and say the Star Wars Theme Park Universe is separate from the films.

mickEblu

Unless the go the Marvel route and say the Star Wars Theme Park Universe is separate from the films.

Possible but I don’t think it would jive. For example, imagine he goes good in Episode 9. It would be kind of hard to turn that off and take him seriously as the villain in the attraction. Not when the new trilogy is so present in our consciousness.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Star Wars's big thing is continuity between each medium- TV, books, films, and now theme parks. This is incredibly unlikely.

And the MCU has continuity with all the films, they decided not to continue that continuity in the theme park, specifically calling it the Marvel Theme Park Universe. The same can be done with SW:GE.

Now I'm not saying they will actually do it, just saying its possible. Because I don't think they will update SW:GE often enough it keep up with the movies. So at some point the continuity between the land and what happens in the movies is going to clash.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Possible but I don’t think it would jive. For example, imagine he goes good in Episode 9. It would be kind of hard to turn that off and take him seriously as the villain in the attraction. Not when the new trilogy is so present in our consciousness.

At some point its going to happen, something about the land will be out of continuity with the movies. I'm of the opinion, as stated in my last post, they aren't going to update the land often enough to keep up with the movies. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

drod1985

The Skywalker saga ends with EP9, unless something has changed.

The RJ trilogy was to expand the SW movies beyond the Skywalker family.

Correct, like I said Rian Johnson's trilogy and Benioff and Weiss' series are meant to be separate from the Skywalker saga. IX is meant to end the Skywalker saga. But...
  1. George said ROTJ was the end of the Skywalker story for decades, and look where we are now
  2. At Celebration 2017 Kathleen Kennedy said they are exploring options to further Rey/Finn/Poe's stories past IX. They're not Skywalkers but they are connected to the Skywalker saga and thus GE.

No, not necessarily. Again, Galaxy's Edge is meant to be set between TLJ and IX, not after IX.

Even then - there are some (potential) inconsistencies besides Kylo's helmet. The Falcon's rectangular dish was lost in TLJ and Poe's black X-Wing was blown up in TLJ. They could've replaced both 1:1, but...

credible leaks say the Falcon has a triangular dish and an orange X-Wing was seen filming in London, could be Poe's replacement.

mickEblu

At some point its going to happen, something about the land will be out of continuity with the movies. I'm of the opinion, as stated in my last post, they aren't going to update the land often enough to keep up with the movies. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

Well not necessarily. There is only one episode left in the Skywalker saga. So if Episode 9 doesn’t really alter what they have going on in Galaxies Edge then they re kind of in the clear.

eddie104

I’ve never been. Of course, opinions are subjective but I think saying “are you going to listen to people on an internet fan forum?” isn’t really a fair assessment of most of the folks who contribute to this forum.
I didn't mean to dismiss this thread opinions but lately I've been noticing too many people wanting others to think or decide for them instead coming to their own conclusions.

mickEblu

Correct, like I said Rian Johnson's trilogy and Benioff and Weiss' series are meant to be separate from the Skywalker saga. IX is meant to end the Skywalker saga. But...
  1. George said ROTJ was the end of the Skywalker story for decades, and look where we are now
  2. At Celebration 2017 Kathleen Kennedy said they are exploring options to further Rey/Finn/Poe's stories past IX. They're not Skywalkers but they are connected to the Skywalker saga and thus GE.

No, not necessarily. Again, Galaxy's Edge is meant to be set between TLJ and IX, not after IX.

Even then - there are some (potential) inconsistencies besides Kylo's helmet. The Falcon's rectangular dish was lost in TLJ and Poe's black X-Wing was blown up in TLJ. They could've replaced both 1:1, but...

credible leaks say the Falcon has a triangular dish and an orange X-Wing was seen filming in London, could be Poe's replacement.

I understand that but as I said to Irish bruh, Kylo going good or dying in Ep 9 would hurt the attraction as the present trilogy is so present in our consciousness at the moment. I don’t see them dropping the ball there. It’s different than a triangular dish on a spaceship.

mickEblu

I didn't mean to dismiss this thread opinions but lately I've been noticing too many people wanting others to think or decide for them instead coming to their own conclusions.

I just interpret us as a bunch of passionate/ knowledgeable fans that have experience and like to express our opinion. I really don’t think the majority of us care what anyone does with our opinion. You may see it a different way. I’m pretty sure @BrianLo could care less if someone rides Gringotts or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom