News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Ismael Flores

Has anyone heard of AP or DVC previews being a possibility?

in one of the articles from one of the news sites the writer mentions that the WDI was questions if any previes would happen. The WDI said that at that point he had not heard of that possibility. I'm sure though that it depends on TDA and timing. supposedly there is still lots of work to be done to the stores and eateries.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I don't know how many people have done it, but the VOID VR experience at Disney Springs is pretty awesome. That involves shooting things, avoiding getting shot, and meeting interesting "people". There are a number of reasons I think that will be huge in the parks/resorts over the next 10 years.

They have one in Downtown Disney in Anaheim as well. I really want to do it, but my last two trips down there were short ones. I live in NorCal.

britain

Tired of reading/watching other people comment on what the reporters were shown? Here's an interview with one of the actual reporters, Germain Lussier:

Phroobar

BrianLo

Original Poster
I'm finally caught up. I'm glad some of the stuff we expected to be cut isn't necessarily so and there sounds like a good number of more impressive animatronics.

One thing that strikes me is the timing of this. The big media info dump for Pandora was the end of April. SW:GE being end of February is just more data supporting a generous preview period.

I'm finally caught up. I'm glad some of the stuff we expected to be cut isn't necessarily so and there sounds like a good number of more impressive animatronics.

One thing that strikes me is the timing of this. The big media info dump for Pandora was the end of April. SW:GE being end of February is just more data supporting a generous preview period.

My thoughts exactly. It's extremely early for press like this, especially with no officially announced opening. I'm starting to see how this might work now. I've even thought since the land was first announced that they may actually take a page from the Universal book and do unannounced previews for a while to make sure CMs know their roles and everything is looking right with people there. I know it's a long shot because it isn't how Disney does things, but think of how it would potentially work to soft open to a select few per day and really get the kinks out before the official open date.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sorry, but your drawing is very skewed. Let me show you the model from a different angle, and compare it to the latest aerial photo Fresh Baked released last week:

View attachment 353225

View attachment 353226

Look at these two photos for a while. You'll see that EVERYTHING in the construction is exactly like the model. The black building in the back is exactly the same, even down to the spire in the back right corner. Nothing is missing, nothing is added. Disney is not doing last minute reductions.
I’m not sure what you are drawing here, but those buildings are there. Your 3D alignment is off by about 30-45 degrees. Clockwise

Ok... I'm not sure where we're off with each other. I may be. So, let's see if we can get some clarity. The first is identifying which building is Oga's.

From @bioreconstruct, it is my understanding that the building with the red X is Oga's. No?

From another angle...

Incomudro

Agreed.
There are some things that I wasn't thinking about that Disney is doing.
I thought of the ships we'll see as merely props, but apparently they may be treated as working ships by cast members.
I didn't really believe that the shops wouldn't be selling obviously branded merchandise, but it appears that they aren't.

The Mur

I think the timing on the press was impacted by the announcements out of Universal on the HP coaster.
Actually it seems more the other way around. A multi-day press junket is not getting organized in a matter of days. This has to have been in the works for some time. The timing is early but now lots of people can start organizing vacations for the Summer and Fall. My guess is that Universal did their announcement to make sure it wasn't lost in the Star Wars news and leverage off of it for travel plans a well. Lots of people will go, wow new awesome stuff at both Universal and Disney. Let's go.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Good.

Now, if the rotunda that the MF is pointing at is Oga's (red), then in the construction, there is a boxy attachment (in blue), and nearby another building (in yellow). Right?

View attachment 353792

From another angle...

View attachment 353793

Looks about right. I'm not sure what's in the blue building....if it's an extension of Olga's or other retail space. The yellow building is the one from that model that was colored black. The other thing I was trying to point out in my post was that the empty space just north of the yellow building was also empty space on the model. It was in response to the notion that Disney nixed a building that was there, but it never was on the model.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom