News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

shortstop

So this is the RotR queue entrance? And not over by the turret? What's the consensus here?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
View attachment 349356
So this is the RotR queue entrance? And not over by the turret? What's the consensus here?

I don't think so. By all accounts, the entrance is supposed to be here at the red arrow...

As seen in the model highlighted in Jack's video...

So that extra wide winding path is either a holding pen for people outside the proper queue (which is also what Flight of Passage has in Pandora), or, it will be used for something else, like a M&G or Jedi Academy.

shortstop

I don't think so. By all accounts, the entrance is supposed to be here at the red arrow...

View attachment 349357

As seen in the model highlighted in Jack's video...

View attachment 349358

So that extra wide winding path is either a holding pen for people outside the proper queue (which is also what Flight of Passage has in Pandora), or, it will be used for something else, like a M&G or Jedi Academy.
Yeah, that's what I'd thought. My guess, then, is extended queue/holding pen a la FOP.

mickEblu

So that video from FreshBaked should completely calm your fears about this. As I indicated before all that stuff is basically done, its mostly all interior work that aesthetic stuff now, the finish work.

Nice, I didn’t see the video yet. I’m going to take a look now. I’ll also to take this moment to say that I enjoy Fresh Bakeds videos. And this is coming from someone that hates most of the cartoon voiced ridiculous vloggers. I’ll admit I don’t regularly watch the videos and just cherry pick the ones that appeal to me depending on the topic. I find them much more enjoyable now that Sara is gone. She had that over the top personality that makes most of all the other vloggers hard to watch. I don’t watch Disneyland videos for detailed construction updates every 3 days about where cement was poured or to speculate what a beam that was erected might mean. So I don’t mind the mistakes. I watch to kill some time the same way I do when I’m on here. I also watch to see finished projects that we discuss here. I enjoy the banter between Ian and Dave and most of the footage is taken in HD during the ideal time to visit DL- early in the morning. Dave comes off as just a regular guy who enjoys Disneyland. Most of the other guys/ girls come off as someone trying to be a cartoon character or unofficial DL mascot.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Nice, I didn’t see the video yet. I’m going to take a look now. I’ll also to take this moment to say that I enjoy Fresh Bakeds videos. And this is coming from someone that hates most of the cartoon voiced ridiculous vloggers. I’ll admit I don’t regularly watch the videos and just cherry pick the ones that appeal to me depending on the topic. I find them much more enjoyable now that Sara is gone. She had that over the top personality that makes most of all the other vloggers hard to watch. I don’t watch Disneyland videos for detailed construction updates every 3 days about where cement was poured or to speculate what a beam that was erected might mean. So I don’t mind the mistakes. I watch to kill some time the same way I do when I’m on here. I also watch to see finished projects that we discuss here. I enjoy the banter between Ian and Dave and most of the footage is taken in HD during the ideal time to visit DL- early in the morning. Dave comes off as just a regular guy who enjoys Disneyland. Most of the other guys come off as someone trying to be a cartoon character or unofficial DL mascot.

The video shows they could almost open this month if they wanted to. I mean they obviously have more work to do, but doesn't appear to be behind schedule.

I too watch FB and enjoy them, I even liked Sara. They are nice length, so I watch a couple while I'm walking on the treadmill.

mickEblu

The video shows they could almost open this month if they wanted to. I mean they obviously have more work to do, but doesn't appear to be behind schedule.

I too watch FB and enjoy them, I even liked Sara. They are nice length, so I watch a couple while I'm walking on the treadmill.

Wow. It’s further along than I thought. I wonder what’s going on in those show buildings though. Does anybody have amy X-ray aerial footage?

jmkb44

Are you going to D23? Just an FYI that it may be busier than expected if your dates overlap.

Generally speaking the extra magic hours pertaining to lands or attractions tend to be a Florida feature. We’ve heard nothing yet and that likely won’t be something until closer to. However if you get Max Pass and rope drop an attraction you should have very little issue doing both in one day without destroying the rest of you DL visit. Do the reverse if going for a second day for a proper walk through both queues.

If it features single rider like we think, you may have a ‘reasonable’ time all around...

At least this is all my hope as I’m also going around the same time....
I was just picking a random date. I did not even consider D23, which starts as I would be leaving, so now I am wondering if I should shift dates. I am basically trying to go before school starts back up for my daughter since I am the one that takes her, and avoid any added rush because it is new. So it seams like late July or early Aug will avoid the massive influx of the first few weeks and July 4 travelers. I will get the Max Pass. Just trying to keep budget and time in perspective. I could stay cheap across the street or pay double for the extra hour and stay on property. These are all the things I am trying to consider, especially since my wife gave me the green light to go! With my luck right after I book they will open up a new promotion. I do not not want to wait until April when they most likely announce everything at Celebration.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
..from my DL source, yes. Construction workers have been scaled back to 5 days a week/40 hours. "Test and Adjust" working 7 days a week.

No offense to you or your "source". But over the last couple weeks of you posting I've noticed a trend.

Half of what I presume you're being told is misinformation, which is being done on purpose by your source.
The other half is several weeks behind, which again is being done on purpose to either cover their a** or cover yours.

:) Anyways don't get me wrong, all of us appreciate your posts.

sedati

I can see a ramp up to the elevated X-Wing. This is probably a photo spot that will also have character meets throughout the day. An easy guess would be for Nein-Nunb as he has already been mentioned as playing a part in the land, and is an X-Wing pilot in the new films.

So this makes me wonder if the building below the arrow could be a costume/break room for cast.

SWGalaxysEdge

So this makes me wonder if the building below the arrow could be a costume/break room for cast.

...could be but the description in the permit for the "bird" (Falcon) building says this...

"Disneyland - SW - Frontierland Expansion - Bldg #10030/Attraction #2 - New Commercial Construction: 115,206 s.ft two story Amusement Building includes office, break room, restroom for (cast members only) and 4,412 sq.ft trench level vaults for maintenance, 878 s.ft roof equipment level. Decorative Rock work. (8) cranes. "

Phroobar

View attachment 349413
I can see a ramp up to the elevated X-Wing. This is probably a photo spot that will also have character meets throughout the day. An easy guess would be for Nein-Nunb as he has already been mentioned as playing a part in the land, and is an X-Wing pilot in the new films.
View attachment 349416
How could Nein-Numb be there when he was on the bridge when Leia took her space walk?

I know. Different character.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom