News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We should stop speculating and just rely on what Disney is telling us. There could be up to 6 months difference. Disneyland’s will likely open in June and DHS will open in Late 2019.

Wow.

1. We can speculate if we want to.

2. There's ample evidence from pictures of the construction sites to base speculation on physical data.

3. We have insiders who know what the actual target dates are and they tell us... or hint at it.

4. For someone who wants to rely on "what Disney is telling us", it would behoove you to not look so silly by having the actual information Disney is saying. Disney is not saying "Late 2019", whatever that may mean to you. Disney had been saying Fall 2019, then Late Fall 2019, then back to Fall 2019.

SWGalaxysEdge

How far apart are the parks? I just did this in my SW group. 2 Images.
First 1 is the difference in overall construction. Roughly same state at the time. About 4 months apart.
Second one is the difference in the Falcon construction. - About 2-1/2 months apart
compare-01.png
compaer-02.png

DanielBB8

Wow.

1. We can speculate if we want to.

2. There's ample evidence from pictures of the construction sites to base speculation on physical data.

3. We have insiders who know what the actual target dates are and they tell us... or hint at it.

4. For someone who wants to rely on "what Disney is telling us", it would behoove you to not look so silly by having the actual information Disney is saying. Disney is not saying "Late 2019", whatever that may mean to you. Disney had been saying Fall 2019, then Late Fall 2019, then back to Fall 2019.
1. Indeed you can, but Disney already given us the ball park figure.

2. This tells you nothing because both projects are near completion.

3. Insiders are not more reliable.

4. Fall 2019 is September 23 to December 21. That’s Late 2019. Disneyland’s will open in Summer 2019, which is June 21 to September 23. Surely, the spread is from 3 to 6 months.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1. Indeed you can, but Disney already given us the ball park figure.

2. This tells you nothing because both projects are near completion.

3. Insiders are not more reliable.

4. Fall 2019 is September 23 to December 21. That’s Late 2019. Disneyland’s will open in Summer 2019, which is June 21 to September 23. Surely, the spread is from 3 to 6 months.

OK

britain

So like when are they going to drop in the big Tie-Fighter on the Fantasyland side? I'm sure we'd see it from Chip-n-Dales if it were there yet. (This is not really a question I expect the forum to answer, I'm just wondering.)

1547134639915.png

(Photo credit Mint Crocodile)

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
How far apart are the parks? I just did this in my SW group. 2 Images.
First 1 is the difference in overall construction. Roughly same state at the time. About 4 months apart.
Second one is the difference in the Falcon construction. - About 2-1/2 months apartView attachment 339988View attachment 339989

You also can't really assume that the two lands are being constructed in exactly the exact same order. While overall DL is going to be finished first, I know there are many elements at DHS that went up first, like the non-Falcon ship up on the landing pad.

SWGalaxysEdge

ADA - For what it is worth, regarding ADA access to the rides:

RotR - The vehicle doors open on the "driver" side and the seats are at wheelchair height, but a transfer is required.
MF:SM - There 2 physical pods, unattached to the rest, for ADA riders. Not sure yet if they have to transfer or not. (checking)

I bring it up because I get asked about ADA access a lot and my wife is in a wheelchair.

Old Mouseketeer

ADA - For what it is worth, regarding ADA access to the rides:

RotR - The vehicle doors open on the "driver" side and the seats are at wheelchair height, but a transfer is required.
MF:SM - There 2 physical pods, unattached to the rest, for ADA riders. Not sure yet if they have to transfer or not. (checking)

I bring it up because I get asked about ADA access a lot and my wife is in a wheelchair.

I'm not so sure there won't be wheelchair accessible vehicles in RotR. It would make a lot more sense and I don't see why they couldn't manage it.

180º

I'm not so sure there won't be wheelchair accessible vehicles in RotR. It would make a lot more sense and I don't see why they couldn't manage it.
I'm sure they could manage it if they wanted to, but I'm not sure if it would make a lot more sense. When weighing the pros and cons, I imagine they factor in that
1) Trackless vehicles inherently scoot out of the ride path to load and unload, reducing fear of cascades during a slow wheelchair transfer
and
2) Making a vehicle wheelchair-friendly vehicle probably means deleting two seats from a row, and even for that one seat, every bit of capacity matters in a ride reported to have only an average THRC.

But you could really go either way. After all, neither Pooh's Hunny Hunt nor Mystic Manor require transfers.

Ratatouille, on the other hand, does. I suspect it has something to do with the added motion base. If I'm not mistaken, we aren't quite sure if ROTR will have a motion base on its vehicle, but we do know it's Disney's first trackless ride vehicle with individual seats and seat belts instead of benches and lap bars. That seems to indicate turbulence or at least a strict ride envelope.

I'm inclined to believe @SWGalaxysEdge at the moment. If I'm wrong, I'll buy you two churros, which seems to be the going rate for a lost bet in this thread. ;)

Old Mouseketeer

I'm sure they could manage it if they wanted to, but I'm not sure if it would make a lot more sense. When weighing the pros and cons, I imagine they factor in that
1) Trackless vehicles inherently scoot out of the ride path to load and unload, reducing fear of cascades during a slow wheelchair transfer
and
2) Making a vehicle wheelchair-friendly vehicle probably means deleting two seats from a row, and even for that one seat, every bit of capacity matters in a ride reported to have only an average THRC.

But you could really go either way. After all, neither Pooh's Hunny Hunt nor Mystic Manor require transfers.

Ratatouille, on the other hand, does. I suspect it has something to do with the added motion base. If I'm not mistaken, we aren't quite sure if ROTR will have a motion base on its vehicle, but we do know it's Disney's first trackless ride vehicle with individual seats and seat belts instead of benches and lap bars. That seems to indicate turbulence or at least a strict ride envelope.

I'm inclined to believe @SWGalaxysEdge at the moment. If I'm wrong, I'll buy you two churros, which seems to be the going rate for a lost bet in this thread. ;)

Good points. But in this era, a small drop in capacity is not a consideration with ADA compliance. Little mermaid has two wheelchair "chariots" that I believe are single passenger.

I think the only consideration would be if it is unsafe for a wheelchair in the vehicle. But even then, they could have a separate motion instruction set in the operating software for the wheelchair vehicle(s).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom