News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Ismael Flores

I hope it's closer to the Transformers ride at USH. That ride strikes a perfect blend of AA's and screens.

I don't know why but I found transformers to be a dud, I was so glad that I was at universal at rope drop and the line was no more than 5 minutes. I would have hated waiting more than 30 minutes to ride it especially after rushing thru what seemed like a huge queue. Possibly the reason for hating it was caused because of all the hype it got but to me it just felt like another nice ride system and a bunch of screens.

Last edited:

bshah365

The new teaser shows the falcon outside will be interactive with smoke effects.. this reminds me of the parked Hogwarts Express in Hogsmeade that smokes up every couple minutes or so... also the same effects were shown inside the Resistance ride..

SuddenStorm

I don't know why but I found transformers to be a dud, I was so glad that I was at universal at rope drop and the line was no more than 5 minutes. I would have hated waiting more than 30 minutes to ride it especially after rushing thru what seemed like a huge queue. It could have been the reason was because of all the hype it got but to me it just felt like another nice ride system and a bunch of screens.

I completely agree. I worry that the sarcasm was lost in my original comment.

mickEblu

Still a better attraction. Ride history and purpose might interest us here, but from a rider experience, Transformers blows Disney's latest offering out of the water sadly. Such a downgrade.

I don’t find it to be a better attraction. If just for the thrill factor on MB alone. Anyway, they re both turds so I’m not interesting in arguing which one is worse.

SWGalaxysEdge

At 1:52 in the preview video we got yesterday one of Luca film people said the land is just being could we see a phase 2 in the future

...yes. Been told by someone working on the project there is a "landing pad" area near the X-Wing, that would be used as a 3rd show building. Was told it would be about the size of the ROTR building. No idea what it could be. I would hope they don't re-build Star Tours and put it there.

...yes. Been told by someone working on the project there is a "landing pad" area near the X-Wing, that would be used as a 3rd show building. Was told it would be about the size of the ROTR building. No idea what it could be. I would hope they don't re-build Star Tours and put it there.
Thank you for your information when are they going to announce it

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A lot of the 14 acres will be the two attractions and backstage. Maybe @MisterPenguin knows how many acres we’ll have to walk around in.

Point out which roofs are covering backstage and which ones are covering walk ways. And if a path is lined with carts selling merch, do I cut out those carts from the total? Are pathways through shops counted or not? If there's a tree or a rock in a walkway, do I discount it?

britain

Point out which roofs are covering backstage and which ones are covering walk ways. And if a path is lined with carts selling merch, do I cut out those carts from the total? Are pathways through shops counted or not? If there's a tree or a rock in a walkway, do I discount it?

I think if you can step your foot on it whilst NOT being in a queue or in an attraction, it should be counted.
...yes. Been told by someone working on the project there is a "landing pad" area near the X-Wing, that would be used as a 3rd show building. Was told it would be about the size of the ROTR building.

I keep hearing that too, but I should really hope a third attraction would hold ALL of its queue+overflow within it, rather than ROTR which is surely going to spill out into the walkways of Batuu.

fctiger

Relieved to see no 3D glasses on those guests in the Rise of the Resistance. That's ALMOST a guarantee that there won't be any. :cool:

I think the whole 3D ride phase has already ended. Star Tours TAC opened in 2011 now (jesus already 7 years ago??) and AFAIK they haven't opened a 3D ride in any of their theme parks since and there have been a ton of new attractions they could've added it to including in Shanghai. There were rumors the new Soarin was going to get it (and that would've been pretty amazing) but that didn't come to pass either. And even USH had 3D on Harry Potter when it opened and I don't think that lasted more than a year either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom