News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Hatbox Ghostbuster

So, I think we're all missing a big issue is...

Is Star Wars Land going to have a Holiday overlay??

maxresdefault.jpg

MyDude

I don't get it. How will Disneyland even be walkable when Galaxy's Edge opens? Opening day alone will, in my mind, be in comparison to the infamous Black Sunday minus the news reporters making out with patrons.
Exactly. It would make more sense if they just kept the park capacity at the amount it's currently at to help with the overall crowd distribution but that would mean less money for Disney so...

Clopin Trouillefou

Sure, everyone wants to pilot or gun, but just wait until the piloting and shooting controls are compromised by enemy fire and it's up to the engineers to fix them and you look back and there are two four year olds in those seats.

I am 100% certain this ride is going to be fun for all involved. just a gut feeling that we should have faith on this one. I am also 96.7% certain that I am going to want to punch a stranger if they can't fix the dang thing. I WON'T PUNCH ANYONE. I'll just think about it. Briefly.

Stevek

BREAKING NEWS!

Get out your champagne or pitchforks...
Kathleen Kennedy is getting a 3-year contract extension.

Full Article:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...s-lucasfilm-deal-extended-three-years-1147653
I have zero issues with her staying. The only thing I really haven't liked from the SW universe since she took over is portions of The Last Jedi. I think they are making a smart move slowing things down if for no other reason than to quiet the over the top SW fanbois for awhile.

Phroobar

Exactly. It would make more sense if they just kept the park capacity at the amount it's currently at to help with the overall crowd distribution but that would mean less money for Disney so...
TDA Exec: "How much square feet is there in star trek land?"
WDI contractor: "?" "Oh, you mean Galaxy's Edge. About 30000 square feet of streets and queue."
TDA Exec: "Great! We'll increase Disneyland capacity by 20000 people."

MyDude

BREAKING NEWS!

Get out your champagne or pitchforks...
Kathleen Kennedy is getting a 3-year contract extension.

Full Article:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...s-lucasfilm-deal-extended-three-years-1147653
Since 8 was so divisive among fans, it'll be interesting to see how they get people excited about 9 as they were with 7 and 8. If 9 has the same reaction that it did with 8 then I could see some changes being made either at the executive level, or the direction they are going in, or maybe at their plans for future projects currently announced.

SaskDaddy

Hi everyone!

Next July marks 20 years of wedded bliss with my lovely wife.

Nothing, in my opinion, could be more romantic than a ride in the Falcon.

What are the odds that Galaxy’s Edge will be open by July?

SuddenStorm

It's worth mentioning the park hardly ever reaches capacity as it is. And the days it does are unbearable. So even if Disney didn't increase capacity, I imagine it'd still be unbearable if it reaches the current capacity, even with SWL.

I anticipate that in 5-10 years, when the Star Wars Land hype dies down a bit and it begins to be treated like a normal part of the park, we'll see more bearable days than we have in recent years.

Practical Pig

I’ve been thinking about the elusive Anaheim Star Wars Hotel that was apparently considered, but moved to the back burner (wisely, I think, pending results in Orlando). But I have to wonder if the early site plans for the Anaheim version were also a victim of the toxic politics that led to the cancellation of the Eastern Gateway.

Is the Cleo parking structure, now replacing the previously-planned east-side structure, swallowing the best possible site that TDA could have situated a Star wars Hotel? It’s directly across Disneyland Drive from the southern half of Anaheim’s SW:GE, the southern tip of which is an area that is unique to Anaheim’s version, and most able to be adapted with, oh let’s say a space hotel's tourist shuttle landing terminus from a simulator vehicle from the “space hotel” that would actually just be crossing a short-hop track over Disneyland Drive?

And it really wouldn’t have mattered if they built an extraordinarily expensive resort hotel abutting an ugly parking garage if there were no external views from inside. Just a thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom