News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

brb1006

They are and they will.

It worked for DMGM and to an extent DHS. You should’ve seen WDSP when that opened. That was cheap.
WDSP is also one of the smallest Disney parks and has the least attractions. Even the former parade (Disney Cinema Parade) was forgettable and the soundtrack was generic. At least they are getting an expansion in the coming years.

britain

What if... you unlocked some sort of super achievement, something very terribly hard to do. Theoretically, they could let one pod go around for another cycle, and it wouldn't damage wait times that badly.

TP2000

6 seats per ride, and two seats are stuck being "engineers" pushing buttons in the back? Oh, heck no. If I'm paying $125 to get in and then waiting in line for three hours for this thing, I'm flying the darn ship. I don't care how precious that little moppet from Utah is, I'll wait for the next pod to rotate into position and take the controls on that one, if you please.

Not an option for me, you say? There's honor in being a flight engineer, you say? 200 buttons to play with, you say? After paying $125 to get in and waiting in line for three hours? Fine, I'll wait here at the holo-chess table until your manager in droopy-butt Dockers and a tacky pin lanyard can come speak to me and put me in the next pod to fly the ship. :cool:

And yet again, this Falcon ride concept has me convinced no one of any importance on the Star Wars Land project has ever worked in a theme park. They are laughably out of touch and nearly clueless on how Disneyland actually works.

Thankfully the other ride is normal, and has vehicles that go on a prescribed path and don't dead end into a wall and miss all the action when the precious moppet from Utah in the front seat gets scared.

Last edited:

mickEblu

6 seats per ride, and two seats are stuck being "engineers" pushing buttons in the back? Oh, heck no. If I'm paying $125 to get in and then waiting in line for three hours for this thing, I'm flying the darn ship. I don't care how precious that little moppet from Utah is, I'll wait for the next pod to rotate into position and take the controls on that one, if you please.

Not an option for me, you say? There's honor in being a flight engineer, you say? 200 buttons to play with, you say? After paying $125 to get in and waiting in line for three hours? Fine, I'll wait here at the holo-chess table until your manager in droopy-butt Dockers and a tacky pin lanyard can come speak to me and put me in the next pod to fly the ship. :cool:

And yet again, this Falcon ride concept has me convinced no one of any importance on the Star Wars Land project has ever worked in a theme park. They are laughably out of touch and nearly clueless on how Disneyland actually works.

Thankfully the other ride is normal, and has vehicles that go on a prescribed path and don't dead end into a wall and miss all the action when the precious moppet from Utah in the front seat gets scared.

All makes sense and yet I have to imagine they have anticipated this right? They have to make all of the positions equally entertaining or at least close.

LOL what the heck is a moppet?

EDIT: or maybe they will have some designated line to fly the ship or be the gunner deeper into the queue? Then maybe lines will balance themselves out when you can wait 45 minutes to be an engineer instead of 2 hours to fly.

Phroobar

Speaking of...Star Wars...I watched Solo last night and can say with certainty that it is the complete definition of "meh".
Your post is meh.

meh-gif-8.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
R1 and Solo are frankly the only ones that come close to replicating classic trilogy moments...

No corny jokes and “obvious intrigue”

The rumor is that the big curve is that Hux is a secret double agent???

Wow... won’t that go down in the history of cinemas as exciting!!???

...ok...as you were...I’m gonna get that APB out on Kathy Kennedy...it’s been months 🤪

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So how come they pretend its a studio with random sets? Why does Star tours pretend to look like "hot set". Ditch the entire theme completely. SWL is poorly placed between two cartoon properties.

That's what they want to do and they're getting there. As mentioned, Back Lot Tour and the sets of Streets of America are gone. The movie-making aspects of the Muppet's fountain were removed.

The Studio park is moving from 'making movies' to 'being in and interacting with the movie'. As much as GMR was beloved, it put on display the old theme of making movies. And other than the plot in which your car is hijacked, you only passively watched the tableaus you were in and didn't interact with them. That's now gone. With MMRR, you're literally entering the movie and interacting with it.

So, it's still "Hollywood" in the public spaces -- Muppet Courtyard was changed to Grand Ave, a homage to a downtown L.A. that never was and always will be. And it's 'Studios' in that you are in and interact with a movie from one of Disney's movie studios.

The movie set of Star Tours doesn't have long for this world. Tatooine Traders already is being refurbished to remove Hollywood set trappings. I'm quite surprised that the back stage aspect of RnRC still exists and hasn't been overlaid... yet.

nevol

Flying will be the most sought after position for a lot of guests, true. But Shooting will be just as popular, and that'll take 2 or 3 chairs. The last 2 are engineers. While we keep raising the point that everyone will want to fly and the other 5 seats are trash, let's keep in mind that there will be guests who would prefer to shoot, and then some who don't want to drive or shoot/don't play video games, and don't want that burden of consequence on other guests who will gladly take the more passive experience in the back row.

The issue becomes that the worst seats on this ride are still as good as star tours, and the best seats may be so desirable that there is an extra wait for them. But I can imagine now that driving/flying is only so important to some guests, while shooting and being a soldier essentially is exciting for a different audience, etc. While being a back row engineer might not be exciting in this same line of thinking, there will be guests in many parties willing to let others perform the more exciting duties for no reason other than nerves/to not mess it all up for everybody.

The most sought after seat on space mountain is the front row, but that doesn't mean that the rest of the vehicle is empty.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom