News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Has the realization set in with everyone yet, that we are a little over 10 months away from SW:GE opening?

I know it still seem like a long way away, given that we are still in summer 2018. But that 10 months is going to fly by fast and next summer will be here before we know it.

For a project that was rumored for years before it was announced to where we are now, its been an interesting journey for the fandom to get here. I for one can't wait for it to open and experience it all for myself.

BrianLo

Original Poster
Has the realization set in with everyone yet, that we are a little over 10 months away from SW:GE opening?

I know it still seem like a long way away, given that we are still in summer 2018. But that 10 months is going to fly by fast and next summer will be here before we know it.

For a project that was rumored for years before it was announced to where we are now, its been an interesting journey for the fandom to get here. I for one can't wait for it to open and experience it all for myself.

Definitely! I started trying to book my visit today. But *sigh*, I'm a bit too early.

TP2000

That vista is gorgeous! I remember how crazy it looked from big thunder when it was all cleared out, I thought “that’s it, the depth is gone” but that shot really shows me that it retains the depth and breadth it had before from the wall of trees.

Agreed. I rarely toot my own horn, but I was an early adopter of the theory that the Wall Of Trees that defined the northern flanks of Disneyland from roughly 1965 to 2015 was going to be better with Star Wars Land as the backdrop. The various developing views from Big Thunder Mountain, Critter Country and the Rivers of America show how that's really coming into focus now.

Star Wars Land has given a depth and interest to the northern side of Disneyland that never existed before. And it layers perfectly with what's in front of it in Frontierland and Critter Country. It's a huge win for Disneyland as a whole in my opinion.

SSG

From MiceChat, possibly a piece of the Falcon?

Photo_9781-Disneyland.jpg
Photo_9782-Disneyland.jpg
Photo_9785-Disneyland.jpg

bshah365

I'm a little confused as to how Orlando has that finished ship on top of their building when they're months behind on construction compared to Anaheim... Has Disneyland had the same themed installments? Am I the only one who maybe hasn't seen them?

bshah365

They're not exactly following the same build order.

That's a valid explanation.. Also we know that most of these themed pieces are being built and finished in Asia and are just being shipped to the parks for assembly.. so I guess we can expect different themed props to arrive at any time, out of order.

BrianLo

Original Poster
I'm a little confused as to how Orlando has that finished ship on top of their building when they're months behind on construction compared to Anaheim... Has Disneyland had the same themed installments? Am I the only one who maybe hasn't seen them?

The building the ship rests on in question has always been surprisingly ahead of Anaheim's pace. Likely that won't actually factor in opening timeframes as the village elements are generally speaking the least labour and time intensive compared to the ride and rock work facades.

But this pace discrepancy has been evident for quite some time, I mentioned it back in March in the DHS thread...

While I believe the drone footage to be perhaps shot about 4 weeks ago in Disneyland, there are multiple legitimate village elements at DHS that are now ahead of DL in the construction cycle.

Ride and facade elements are behind on the typical 3 odd month timeframe still (probably the things that will actually be last to wrap up). Still, very interesting!

mickEblu

The building the ship rests on in question has always been surprisingly ahead of Anaheim's pace. Likely that won't actually factor in opening timeframes as the village elements are generally speaking the least labour and time intensive compared to the ride and rock work facades.

But this pace discrepancy has been evident for quite some time, I mentioned it back in March in the DHS thread...

Just a wild guess but it could be possible that TDO is holding off to see how TDA accomplishes some of the attraction stuff and in the meantime they re getting a head start elsewhere.

TROR

Saw this on a r/starwarsleaks and thought it was bringing up here as well.

YS2H8q539mwnm-k601tQE3U6DnXhRGD9wkcqXpzBH-c.jpg

The 77 is definitely a direct reference to 1977, the year Star Wars came out, but the 63 is a bit more ambiguous. This person who posted it had this to say

...I wondered what the "63" was for, then I found this -> “Director George Lucas was an admirer of the work of NFB experimental filmmaker Arthur Lipsett and has credited a conversation between Roman Kroitor and artificial intelligence pioneer Warren S. McCulloch, excerpted in Lipsett’s 1963 collage film ’21-87,’ as part of his inspiration.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom