News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Phroobar

Umm... actually... the 'P' is wrong because that site decide to distinguish lower and upper case by simply reversing the upper case. Aurebesh doesn't have an upper and lower case.

🤓
tenor.gif

Stevek

Someone swiped an Oga's Cantina menu and is selling it on Ebay for a $100.

EDIT: Correction; the bidding starts at $100.

The drink prices are pretty much in line with what you'd pay for a specialty cocktail at Trader Sam's or Lamplight.
And some idiot paid $100 for it. I'd blame Tommy C but I don't think he's been to SWGE yet.

Rich T

Okay, I was with you up until:
....Star tours is perhaps the most underwhelming ride in theme park history - based on potential. You take the biggest movie franchise ever and put in that awful 80’a tech? And let it linger forever??...
Insert sound effect of phonograph needle being yanked across a record. WHAT?

I disagree with such a total write-off of one of the industry's biggest innovations. It was a PERFECT way for Disney to bring some Lucas into Disneyland at the time. It was the public's first chance to ride a real Grade-A flight simulator. The queue and the backstory were brilliant, and it folded Star Wars into Tomorrowland so smoothly that I could instantly forgive them for bulldozing my much-loved ATIS. The lines were huge, as was the level of guest satisfaction. No one had ever ridden anything like it before. It was a smash hit for a reason.

Cut to today: I last rode it (and loved it) last October. It was packed. People still love Star Tours. And I can say that I enjoyed a fantastic ride on it with a cabin full of delighted, shrieking, laughing guests covering a huge age range.

It did (and still does) exactly what a good Disneyland ride should do. It delights families, tickles the imagination and--even today--provides sensations unique to that particular ride system.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Okay, I was with you up until:

Insert sound effect of phonograph needle being yanked across a record. WHAT?

I disagree with such a total write-off of one of the industry's biggest innovations. It was a PERFECT way for Disney to bring some Lucas into Disneyland at the time. It was the public's first chance to ride a real Grade-A flight simulator. The queue and the backstory were brilliant, and it folded Star Wars into Tomorrowland so smoothly that I could instantly forgive them for bulldozing my much-loved ATIS. The lines were huge, as was the level of guest satisfaction. No one had ever ridden anything like it before. It was a smash hit for a reason.

Cut to today: I last rode it (and loved it) last October. It was packed. People still love Star Tours. And I can say that I enjoyed a fantastic ride on it with a cabin full of delighted, shrieking, laughing guests covering a huge age range.

It did (and still does) exactly what a good Disneyland ride should do. It delights families, tickles the imagination and--even today--provides sensations unique to that particular ride system.

That ride system is so popular that it has been gone for nearly two decades everywhere else.

To be fair...I’m a WDW frequenter and it’s A REALLY EXPENSIVE simulator. But I’ve never been a fan of the “jerk a tron” edition of the dodge caravan....

My frustration has been this: you have maybe the biggest franchise on earth (at least it used to be...) and that’s the only representation you can muster? Tour bus gone amok?

Opinions vary...for sure.

Darkbeer1

That ride system is so popular that it has been gone for nearly two decades everywhere else.

To be fair...I’m a WDW frequenter and it’s A REALLY EXPENSIVE simulator. But I’ve never been a fan of the “jerk a tron” edition of the dodge caravan....

My frustration has been this: you have maybe the biggest franchise on earth (at least it used to be...) and that’s the only representation you can muster? Tour bus gone amok?

Opinions vary...for sure.

I am thinking of Flight Simulator rides, and can't think of more than one or two that have been removed (or moved to another location). And plenty still in operation. And one that is SBNO.

Agree with Rich T that Star Tours is still popular and a classic attraction.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am thinking of Flight Simulator rides, and can't think of more than one or two that have been removed (or moved to another location). And plenty still in operation. And one that is SBNO.

Agree with Rich T that Star Tours is still popular and a classic attraction.

Not everything that’s old is “classic”...just because it moves people and they never get around to taking it out.

I can think of at least 3 regional parks in the northeast that had those types - obviously not as expensive - that are long gone. Shopping malls, science centers...etc.

One notable one I can think of was removed as “two jerky”...it was the exact same ride system...I think they got a bulk discount 😉

Disney Analyst

Not everything that’s old is “classic”...just because it moves people and they never get around to taking it out.

I can think of at least 3 regional parks in the northeast that had those types - obviously not as expensive - that are long gone. Shopping malls, science centers...etc.

One notable one I can think of was removed as “two jerky”...it was the exact same ride system...I think they got a bulk discount 😉

Just because you don't enjoy it doesn't mean it's not a classic Disney attraction.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just because you don't enjoy it doesn't mean it's not a classic Disney attraction.

I acknowledge some people like it...a lot.

But why does everything that’s old get that label?

There is no point to debating it: no way I can say it’s not “classic” the same as you can’t say that it is.

What’s classic? Innovation and/or ride recognition beyond the scope of that days visitors.

Matterhorn, Pirates, Mansion, Small World, maybe space....tiki room, jungle cruise

The list isn’t actually that long.

Opinions vary (I’m gonna preface that every time I don’t agree with EVERYONE who has ever walked the planets personal, individual opinion...to lesson confusion)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom