News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

sedati

Anyone know what this building is? There's no label. I had been guessing it was a sabre location (or are there two?)

Old Mouseketeer

I'm sure the state is going to be picky, but Disney will be up to the task.

Technically, both Indy and Radiator Springs Racers work very much like trackless vehicles. The slots they follow are just to provide a connection to a power rail. They turn left/right because their programming tells them to turn left/right, not because they're hooked to a track.

(Trying to remember, was it Test Track or Indy that had a vehicle go rogue and drive into a wall before the attraction opened?)

In light of all this, I suspect it's the coordination of multiple elements that is causing the headaches. Even if the vehicles were on a track, you'd still need to make sure the elevators are in position to receive them, and the video projections of the Stormtroopers are playing at the right spot so that it squinches in believable 3D space (it can't just be a continuous "If You Had Wings" style loop), scenes need to have battle damage appear and reset at the right time, etc. etc.

Again, this is just my guess, but it has a lot more to do with this show not being a 'roll into each scene at anytime' type of attraction than some 'tell the vehicles to turn right/left safely' issue.

Huh? I've never heard any of this.

sedati

The door was closed when I visited today. Don't know if it is anything other than service area. Or maybe the access to the Fantasmic! dock.
It's a good sized building with an onstage entrance. It also appears at both parks, so I don't think it has anything to do with the dock behind it. Thanks for the first-hand info either way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom