News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

TP2000

Other than the fact this will probably be a congested thoroughfare until the end of time... this looks so nice and peaceful. And the rockwork wall looks designed to encourage sitting.

View attachment 373301

The forest "wall of trees" has finally made a comeback to Disneyland

Yes, that Critter Country entrance looks like a very clever way to transition from Rustic Americana to Rustic Alien Planet. Bravo WDI!

And the wall of trees, a tagline I happen to have invented a few years ago (so proud!), will return in places along the Star Wars Land perimeter. They really planted a forest here, and it already looks great two weeks from opening. It will be taller and denser three years from now, let alone 20 years from now.

And two weeks from opening, I still maintain as I did two years ago that Star Wars Land is a huge aesthetic improvement for the entire northwest quadrant of Disneyland - Frontierland, New Orleans Square, Critter Country and the Rivers of America. Star Wars Land has made the park look better from those adjacent lands, compared to previous decades.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I thought he did a fine job. I just look at it as a new person playing James Bond. Everyone brings their own small twist to it. I think we will see something similar in the next Indiana Jones movie.
but that doesn't work here because he is supposed to turn into Harrison Ford Han Solo. so they need someone to make us believe it is the same character. perfect example is the opening of LAST CRUSADE where River Phoenix perfectly caputres the essence of Indy and makes us believe he is the same guy we know but only younger. he did so by 1, looking like a young ford and 2 he interpreted his mannerisms to be younger instead of doing a impression.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Like in A New Hope where the princess was captured and time was of the essence and for whatever reason nobody has a spaceship so they have to go and find a guy with one, but we have to sit through some stormtrooper antics and dozens of shots of some alien randos at a bar where we meet some space pirate who has nothing to do with the greater plot?
sorry I have to respond your horribly incorrect assement of the original star wars. in STAR WARS the cantina scene plays a big part because that is where we meet hand an chewie who become main characthers to the story from then on but also the saga. its not a waste of time for that whole sequence establishes who han and chewie are as characthers and you forget they were not originally trying to rescue leia but get the plans back to the the rebel base and that is why they needed a pilot and ship. when the empire captures them that is when they discover leia is aboard the death star and try to rescue her. and time is not really of the essence because the empire does not know where the rebel base is. leia refuses to give it up and it costs her the lives of everyone on her home world and she still would not betray the rebellion. its only after the falcon gets capture vader has a plan to let them escape to follow them. in last jedi THE CANTO BITE SECTION SERVES NOOOOOO PURPOSE! THE EVENTS THAT HAPPEN WITH RESISTANCE AFTER FIN AND ROSE LEAVE STILL HAPPEN AS IF THEY HAD STAYED, THEY DID NOT MEET THE PRESON THEY WENT TO MEET AND MEET SOME RANDOM GUY WHO BETRAYS THEM THAT WE DONT CARE ABOUT. ONLY FOR ROSE AND FINN TO END UP ON THE SALT PLANET. THEIR SIDE TRIP DOES NOT ADVANCE THE STORY AT ALL. IT ONLY SERVES TO GIVE THEM SOMETHING TO DO. IT IS POINTLESS ESPECIALLY BECAUSE THEY FAIL IN THE MISSION.

TROR

sorry I have to respond your horribly incorrect assement of the original star wars. in STAR WARS the cantina scene plays a big part because that is where we meet hand an chewie who become main characthers to the story from then on but also the saga. its not a waste of time for that whole sequence establishes who han and chewie are as characthers and you forget they were not originally trying to rescue leia but get the plans back to the the rebel base and that is why they needed a pilot and ship. when the empire captures them that is when they discover leia is aboard the death star and try to rescue her. and time is not really of the essence because the empire does not know where the rebel base is. leia refuses to give it up and it costs her the lives of everyone on her home world and she still would not betray the rebellion. its only after the falcon gets capture vader has a plan to let them escape to follow them. in last jedi THE CANTO BITE SECTION SERVES NOOOOOO PURPOSE! THE EVENTS THAT HAPPEN WITH RESISTANCE AFTER FIN AND ROSE LEAVE STILL HAPPEN AS IF THEY HAD STAYED, THEY DID NOT MEET THE PRESON THEY WENT TO MEET AND MEET SOME RANDOM GUY WHO BETRAYS THEM THAT WE DONT CARE ABOUT. ONLY FOR ROSE AND FINN TO END UP ON THE SALT PLANET. THEIR SIDE TRIP DOES NOT ADVANCE THE STORY AT ALL. IT ONLY SERVES TO GIVE THEM SOMETHING TO DO. IT IS POINTLESS ESPECIALLY BECAUSE THEY FAIL IN THE MISSION.
Calm down.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Calm down.
sorry but when someone tries to compare the last jedi to the original STAR WARS, no, that can not stand. and I will not be calm in that situation until I educate the person and lay the perverbial smack down on them. he is lucky I didn't quote EZEKIEL 25:17 on him Sam Jackson style.

TP2000

There is no good reason for senior citizens to go out in public wearing white athletic shoes, and this photo proves it.

White athletic shoes on a senior citizen does not make you look younger, it only makes it look like you pay someone else to buy your clothes and/or your home health assistant ties your shoelaces up nice for you before your walk. White athletic shoes on senior citizens also distracts the audience from the big Millenium Falcon ride in the background, which is not helpful to your marketing team since the other big ride next door doesn't work and opening day is only two weeks away.

Last edited:

George Lucas on a Bench

They're dressed like kids. JJ Abrams looks like he's still in high school. Bob Iger is one of the most powerful men in the world and he wears his hair like Jerry Seinfeld that time he was massacred. Spielberg looks like the mighty have fallen, panhandling in front of the MF.

mickEblu

View attachment 373329

There is no good reason for senior citizens to go out in public wearing white athletic shoes, and this photo proves it.

White athletic shoes on a senior citizen does not make you look younger, it only makes it look like you pay someone else to buy your clothes and/or your home health assistant ties your shoelaces up nice for you before your walk. White athletic shoes on senior citizens also distracts the audience from the big Millenium Falcon ride in the background, which is not helpful to your marketing team since the other big ride next door doesn't work and opening day is only two weeks away.

Lol. The only shoes I have a problem with in and of themselves are Spielbergs. Bob Igers look isn’t too bad but they are a tad too clunky (or maybe it’s just the angle on that left shoe or maybe he has big feet?) and needs some sleeker shoes to go with those mom jeans posing as skinny jeans. I don’t have a problem with Kathleen other than it looks like she’s going to the gym with what comes off as a leggings/ white sneaker outfit. In short, it’s not just the color of the athletic shoe but the style and whatever they re wearing it with. Old people can wear white shoes! Just have to pick the right ones. Of course JJ looks terrible in whatever shoes he wears.

SSG

View attachment 373329

I think Steven's shoes have velcro, not laces.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom