News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

SWGalaxysEdge

I wonder if it will have seat belts.

..it does actually...

Epcot_Imagineer

I wonder if it will have seat belts.
To give our guests the most realistic experience possible, riders on Millenium Flacon: Smuggler's Run will be thrown mercilessly throughout the cockpit. Disney will strive to ensure that every visitor to Batuu will experience serious head trauma. If at anytime you feel as if your thrashing was not thorough enough, locate the nearest Cast Member; you will be taken to Savi's Workshop to be beaten down by lightsaber wielding guests to experience what you missed on Smuggler's Run!

Phroobar

To give our guests the most realistic experience possible, riders on Millenium Flacon: Smuggler's Run will be thrown mercilessly throughout the cockpit. Disney will strive to ensure that every visitor to Batuu will experience serious head trauma. If at anytime you feel as if your thrashing was not thorough enough, locate the nearest Cast Member; you will be taken to Savi's Workshop to be beaten down by lightsaber wielding guests to experience what you missed on Smuggler's Run!
You never see Han or Chewie put on seat belts. The Falcon has gravity dampers.

truecoat

I hope there is good ventilation in the pods. I do NOT want to be crammed into a small space right after a group of smelly guests.

I find it interesting that everyone but themselves is a smelly guest when they think of contained spaces. You'll be in the ride vehicle all the time and it won't be any different than riding any other ride.

SWGalaxysEdge

BEST GUESS - Here's my best guess on how the 4 hour window will work. (I can't account for the overlap of times)

Group 1 (8am-12pm) - will just enter into the yellow area since they don't have to wait on anyone ahead of them. They'll be scanned and checked to make sure they belong and given a colored wristband to wear. Go fly the Falcon!

Group 2 (12pm-4pm) - they will allowed to enter the Critter Country entrance, again scanned to make sure they belong and given a different colored wristband than group 1. They will be allowed to enter ans be 'staged' over on the RotR side. They will have access to the shops, restrooms on that side of the land, while they wait to enter. They can not enter the Village/Falcon area until 12pm

Group 3 (4pm-8pm) - they will be allowed to line up outside of the Critter Country entrance, but can not enter the 'staging' area. CMs will start scanning and issuing a 3rd color wristband while they wait.

...pretend that 12pm is coming soon. Guessing at about 11:45am CMs will start sweeping the land and ushering Group 1 guests out of the land. No one will be allowed to get in line for the Falcon ride. Once CMs are satisfied that Group 1 is out, they will usher Group 2 over to the Village/Falcon side of the land and they can begin to queue for the Falcon, and check out the food, merchandise, etc.

...after Group 2 has moved to the Village/Falcon side of the land, Group 3 will be allowed inside the Critter Country entrance and they will be 'staged' just like Group 2 was, and can explore the shops, have restroom access, while waiting. They can not enter the Village/Falcon area until 4pm.

Doing it this way, Group 2 and Group 3 actually could get 8 hours in the land. 4 Hours waiting in the 'staging' area and 4 hours in the Village/Falcon area itself, unless Disney won't let them queue and 'stage' for that long.

Again, just my GUESS. - Thoughts?!?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom