News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

BrianLo

Original Poster
Ahem!

The attachments don't seem to be causing the stir here like they are on the WDW boards. Probably because they were just links. Fully crediting @marni1971, here are rough layouts of Rise of the Resistance, Levels 1 & 2:

View attachment 367050

View attachment 367051

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but we're sort of well beyond a blurry sketch being an exciting development. Past Brian would have been all over this three years ago.

I also kind of don't really want to know anymore, ha ha.

RescueTheDay

What gets lost in chains of quote replies is that I was just replying to someone who said they think everyone in GE will be a face character to some extent... which I think is ridiculous too. I was challenging that claim as well.

But still, to be annoyingly specific, it’s more than just those 8 phrases. And it does put non-face character/entertainment CMs in an unusual, tricky position of balancing being overly “nice” with being “in theme.” I have friends bewildered as to how they’re going to act “gruff” while still being courteous. And that’s not going to work. Cast members will play it safe and behave how the would in any other location... polite... courteous... inoffensive. Cast members are definitely not expected to act on the level of face characters, but the expectations do remind me of that of other entertainers, like the actors in the Golden Horseshoe.

All those expectations for a wage NOT necessarily $15/hour and without the usual perks of entry into Disneyland all summer.

They still are far from acting like Entertainment cast members. Sounds like they are following standards set by Walt Disney back on the day and expecting cast members to be part of the show. Is that not the reason they are called cast members and not employees? For too long Disney has been lax on their standards and the product they put out there and it’s about time they try harder.

I would also agree that everyone deserves to be paid more as well. Higher standards deserve higher pay.

Phroobar

You have to do the whole hand motion when saying "Good Journey". It's a missed opportunity never having built a Courtney AA somewhere on the planet.

RemorsefulIdealisticIntermediateegret-size_restricted.gif

"Good Journey"

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Don’t make me do math when I’m trying to have an argument on an internet chat board....

Fair enough lol. Just seems that MF:SR won't have any less of an hourly capacity than say RSR which would only hit wait times that long when it was open to the public in the first few months of opening. Since SW:GE won't be fully open to the public yet I just don't see wait times being that long. Plus, Disney will want to make sure people have time to ride it and still have time to do other things in the land, or else what's the point? Most people will want to ride it, so I don't think they are banking on only having reports come in where people only had time to ride SR.

I guess we'll see when reports start coming in.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Fair enough lol. Just seems that MF:SR won't have any less of an hourly capacity than say RSR which would only hit wait times that long when it was open to the public in the first few months of opening. Since SW:GE won't be fully open to the public yet I just don't see wait times being that long. Plus, Disney will want to make sure people have time to ride it and still have time to do other things in the land, or else what's the point? Most people will want to ride it, so I don't think they are banking on only having reports come in where people only had time to ride SR.

I guess we'll see when reports start coming in.
The question will be how many reservations they allow per hour. But I agree overall they will try to make sure that each guest per reservation will get the ability to ride it at least once.

Darkbeer1

For those that might be interested, issue 1 of the Marvel Galaxy's Edge Comic Series was released today.

View attachment 367267

What makes me think that Disney will be offering this as a Photo Op?

For just $44.99, you can have your head replace Han Solo on the cover, then print the Front Page, and insert the main part of the comic book, and you now have a special first edition.....

Edited to add: Use the computer to convert your photo to a drawing, to make it blend in better.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom