News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

bclane

not SWGE related but star wars related.

I find this kind of neat, the actor that played Jar Jar Binks got a huge standing ovation in the Star Wars celebration. never knew he almost committed suicide because of the harsh backlash he got from playing the character in the movie

https://www.click2houston.com/enter...ive-standing-ovation-at-star-wars-celebration
I absolutely loathe Jar Jar Binks. But I'm glad to see Ahmed Best get some love. It's not his fault that he was playing an evil sith Lord disguised as a idiot (who looked and acted like some kind of racist caricature).

It's been reported that Lucas claims Jar Jar is his favorite character in all of Star Wars. I wonder if he's just pulling our collective chain or if he really feels that way.

The Grand Inquisitor

God the poster who said that is such a fool. He is really missing out on such great books and tv shows. Like the clone wars, rebels and the mandalorian are all amazing !
Also he brought up that regular park goers would be confused as to why hondo is the host of smugglers run and not han. Thats not true pretty much everyone knows han is dead. Plus they will probably pay tribute to han and they will explain why Hondo( who is a fantastic charcter) has the falcon.

truecoat

So after rewatching the movies (you know, the REAL canon), I realized that I never once saw anyone go to the bathroom. It got me thinking...Disney really missed the ball here. Restrooms in Galaxy's Edge clearly defies canon and completely destroys immersion.

You must have missed the concept art.

Rich T

Dear Star Wars fan base,

Would it kill you not harass and demean actors who are hired to do a job in a made up movie and fantasy series? And then go on and give them standing ovations to try and make them feel better after you were a bunch of jerks?
To be fair, I think nearly all fans just hated the character. Anyone who did give the actor himself a hard time is the worst kind of nerd.

mickEblu

Dear Star Wars fan base,

Would it kill you not harass and demean actors who are hired to do a job in a made up movie and fantasy series? And then go on and give them standing ovations to try and make them feel better after you were a bunch of jerks?

I could be wrong but isn’t their issue with the character? What does the actor have to do with it?

Rich T

I mean... fans have taken it out on the actors... Kelly Marie Tran quit social media because of it. As well, when you put a lot of effort and time into a character, it can be very damaging to have 1000s of people essentially bashing your work.
I remember (because I'm so old) back around 1978... Mark Hamill said in an interview (probably Starlog magazine--it was all SW fans had back then) that he went into a Toys R Us around Halloween of '77 to check out the SW costumes for kids. He said they were all sold out except for row upon row of Luke Skywalker costumes no one wanted featuring the cheap plastic mask of his face. "There were rows and rows of me."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom