News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

socalifornian

Complete the look
B5B6A941-9CD9-4F72-9E5E-DAD559605EEC.jpeg

Ismael Flores

I suspect as long as you make reservations the first week is open and your schedule is WIDE open I can't see how people can't get a spot somewhere. I mean if they let in 10-20 thousand in a day (when you factor in they will be able to squeeze in more since everyone is on a limited time period and the park will be open 16 hours) and 21 days, thats the potential for a lot of people. I don't see it filling up that quickly even after hotel guests reach their quota. Yes the first weekend will probably sell out opening day but I doubt its going to be a crazy rush that fills up in hours. Especially if you're not a local and have to plan these things out a bit if you're just too far away. My guess is its not going to be hard to get a reservation just as long as you can settle for any day and time and maybe limited on people who will go (that's going to be the REAL question, how many people can you reserve at once?).

All that said, I'm prepared to be totally wrong. ;D

lets hope that they have limits on how many reservations are done per person. I'm hoping that Disney requires names and identification of the person registered. People will be ed if they don't and then an hour later people are auctioning off reservation spots of on Ebay.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
lets hope that they have limits on how many reservations are done per person. I'm hoping that Disney requires names and identification of the person registered. People will be ****ed if they don't and then an hour later people are auctioning off reservation spots of on Ebay.

Basically think of it like MaxPass. It'll likely be digital and tied to your ticket and only one per person, so no way to auction it off.

The Pho

Basically think of it like MaxPass. It'll likely be digital and tied to your ticket and only one per person, so no way to auction it off.
The problem with selling MaxPass fastpasses has more to do with the immediacy and unknown timeframe. Hard to sell with those constraints. Digital and ticket tied didn’t stop people from selling Fastpass+, you can easily use another person’s Fastpass+ just by giving them your magic band or ticket. With MaxPass all you have to do is text somebody your barcode. Unless Disney is going to check who you are at the gates to the land, people will be able to swap tickets to sell a time slot. I certainly hope that happens, there’s enough resale of Disney stuff.

DanielBB8

I’m not sure what you mean. Your reservation is just that a reservation to enter the land at a specific time, there is no standby, so no ability for repeat visits. Because valid admission is required to even get into the park, let alone the land, its obvious it’ll be tied to your ticket just like a FP.
It's not tied to your admission to make the reservation. Just like your dining reservation is not tied to admission ticket or annual pass. You just make the reservations and buy your day ticket in advance to ensure it's not sold out. When you make your Fantasmic and World of Color dining reservation, it's not tied to a pre-purchased admission ticket so you'll receive your pass after your claim it. I'm sure Disney will always give out a bit more reservations to guard against no shows.

DanielBB8

lets hope that they have limits on how many reservations are done per person. I'm hoping that Disney requires names and identification of the person registered. People will be ****ed if they don't and then an hour later people are auctioning off reservation spots of on Ebay.
This would be possible to do. There's nothing to stop anyone from opening more than one account, or from not going and giving a friend the pass by downloading the app and opening the account on their phone.

Janir

So basically Disney doesn't know how it will work either. My guess is their servers will go DoS and all reservations will be gone within the first two minutes. So good luck in getting those reservations. Somehow FreshBaked Disney and MiceChat will end up with every reservation and declare the land a failure because they are the only ones there.

Yeah. Only the guests of the 3 hotels part of DLR proper will get any sort of guaranteed access, and only as long as they have a DLR ticket as well.
I actually don't have as much problem with that as people spending money to come to DLR and not getting in would really suck where at local AP holders can at least come another day.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The problem with selling MaxPass fastpasses has more to do with the immediacy and unknown timeframe. Hard to sell with those constraints. Digital and ticket tied didn’t stop people from selling Fastpass+, you can easily use another person’s Fastpass+ just by giving them your magic band or ticket. With MaxPass all you have to do is text somebody your barcode. Unless Disney is going to check who you are at the gates to the land, people will be able to swap tickets to sell a time slot. I certainly hope that happens, there’s enough resale of Disney stuff.
Well since MB is WDW only that is not an issue here at DLR. And tickets are now tied to a persons picture at DLR. So the owner of the ticket is easily verifiable, and thus the reservation is easily verifiable. They will just try to make sure the person is who they claim to be and make sure they have a valid ticket and reservation.

Ultimately there is no perfect system. People will always try to find ways around it. Only thing Disney can do is to try block as many of the holes as possible.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It's not tied to your admission to make the reservation. Just like your dining reservation is not tied to admission ticket or annual pass. You just make the reservations and buy your day ticket in advance to ensure it's not sold out. When you make your Fantasmic and World of Color dining reservation, it's not tied to a pre-purchased admission ticket so you'll receive your pass after your claim it. I'm sure Disney will always give out a bit more reservations to guard against no shows.

To make the reservation may not be tied to your admission. But to claim the reservation will likely require it to be tied to your admission, again think of it more like MaxPass and less like a dinner reservation.

DanielBB8

To make the reservation may not be tied to your admission. But to claim the reservation will likely require it to be tied to your admission, again think of it more like MaxPass and less like a dinner reservation.
The reservation is not tied to admission because you're already in the park. The Star Wars reservation is a one time use. Many people don't buy MaxPass because it's a separate fee. You're lumping everything together when it is clear Disney hasn't closed off all the loopholes.

Phroobar

Yeah. Only the guests of the 3 hotels part of DLR proper will get any sort of guaranteed access, and only as long as they have a DLR ticket as well.
I actually don't have as much problem with that as people spending money to come to DLR and not getting in would really suck where at local AP holders can at least come another day.
Who said only guests of the 3 hotels get any sort of guaranteed access? They have to play the lottery just like any APer or local day tripper.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The reservation is not tied to admission because you're already in the park. The Star Wars reservation is a one time use. Many people don't buy MaxPass because it's a separate fee. You're lumping everything together when it is clear Disney hasn't closed off all the loopholes.

Dude, I'm not saying its going require you to buy MaxPass.

What I'm saying is that it'll likely be just like a FP it'll be tied to your ticket. This is really one of the only ways to prevent scalpers.

So while I agree they likely won't require you to have admission to make the reservation. But they'll likely require you to have admission to tie the reservation to when you claim it, just like a FP. That way its tied to your ticket, and they can scan your ticket to get into the land and verify you against the picture in the system.

The Pho

Well since MB is WDW only that is not an issue here at DLR. And tickets are now tied to a persons picture at DLR. So the owner of the ticket is easily verifiable, and thus the reservation is easily verifiable. They will just try to make sure the person is who they claim to be and make sure they have a valid ticket and reservation.

Ultimately there is no perfect system. People will always try to find ways around it. Only thing Disney can do is to try block as many of the holes as possible.

All I’m saying is that it’s easier to sell using the current system than you are suggesting. That picture means nothing once you’re in the park unless they actually check it again at the gate to Galaxy’s Edge. If they do that, then it would help. And sure at Land you can’t swap a magic band but you can text a barcode from MaxPass to share fastpasses, because they don’t verify anything at the rides other than if you have a fastpass.

Like you said, it’s not perfect. I just hope they do try to prevent they inevitable resale attempts.

DanielBB8

Dude, I'm not saying its going require you to buy MaxPass.

What I'm saying is that just likely be just like a FP it'll be tied to your ticket. This is really one of the only ways to prevent scalpers.

So while I agree they likely won't require you to have admission to make the reservation. But they'll likely require you to have admission to tie the reservation to when you claim it, just like a FP. That way its tied to your ticket, and they can scan your ticket to get into the land and verify you against the picture in the system.
Hey DUDE, how will tie your ticket to admission after the fact? They don't do it now or ever. You're living in a fantasy world where you imagine that's how things work. Do you expect them to scan your pass with your ticket? Really? You're already in the park. The scalping part is long past a concern.

For it to work, the admission must already be purchased and input into the app and account. Then what? Scalpers can sell the account access with the admission pass. Since there's no picture until you reached the gates, scalpers still get away with it.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
All I’m saying is that it’s easier to sell using the current system than you are suggesting. That picture means nothing once you’re in the park unless they actually check it again at the gate to Galaxy’s Edge. If they do that, then it would help. And sure at Land you can’t swap a magic band but you can text a barcode from MaxPass to share fastpasses, because they don’t verify anything at the rides other than if you have a fastpass.

Like you said, it’s not perfect. I just hope they do try to prevent they inevitable resale attempts.
We'll have to wait and see the actual way they do it. But it just makes sense to use the existing mechanism they have for verification, the ticket. They already require a picture upon entry. So its easy to use the ticket to claim the reservation and then have a CM use the handheld scanners to verify the ticket and picture tied to the ticket upon entry to the land.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Hey DUDE, how will tie your ticket to admission after the fact? They don't do it now or ever. You're living in a fantasy world where you imagine that's how things work. Do you expect them to scan your pass with your ticket? Really? You're already in the park. The scalping part is long past a concern.

For it to work, the admission must already be purchased and input into the app and account. Then what? Scalpers can sell the account access with the admission pass. Since there's no picture until you reached the gates, scalpers still get away with it.

Hey Dude, have you ever heard of CC verification or ID verification upon reservation. Which is then used to claim the reservation once onsite, which then requires you to use the ticket to claim it. Its not a fantasy world, its how things are done in the real world. Now we'll see if Disney actually does it.

Also just because they don't do it now, won't mean they won't do it in this case. This is a unique situation, we'll have to wait and see if it turns out how I think it will.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom