News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Old Mouseketeer

Not to be rude, but please explain the You know part,

I was making an obscure tongue-in-cheek point about modern European royalty. In most EU royal houses, when a Prince marries a commoner, she is styled as Princess. Uniquely, in Sweden when Crown Princess Victoria married a commoner, the King made him a Prince and gave him the family name (Bernadotte)--but this is still the exception. In the UK, royal ladies are only styled Princess if they were born a Princess. Thus, Prince William's wife has the style and title of Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Cambridge, not Princess Catherine/Kate. Lacking a ducal title of his own, the Queen's cousin, Prince Michael of Kent (his elder brother inherited the Dukedom) is the last member of the royal family to have his wife styled by his own princely title as Princess Michael (her name is Marie-Christine). This is considered old-fashioned. Only those who were born a Princess of the blood royal are referred to as Princess (name). Currently that is limited to Princesses Anne, Beatrice, and Eugenie. This can go on to paragraphs and hundreds of words.

So when you said "Some of these princess were not born a princess." I was extrapolating it to Terran reality. It was a very small joke that shrank into oblivion as I explained it. Sorry.

PB Watermelon

New Droid to appear in Galaxy's Edge! Serves beer and birthday cake!

Super7-ReAction-RockyIV-Paulies-Robot__83384.1553114160.jpg

Phroobar

Nice setup. I’m amazed to see someone else on here not only with rgb consoles, but also the same scart switch I have and an OSSC. What settings do you use in your OSSC?
Very cool. I like to keep the scan lines off on my games. I pretty much go with the default settings. Someday I need to get a remote for the OSSC. I'd love to someday get the N64 modified for hdmi but its beyond my humble soldering skills. I have the PS2, CDX, Jaguar and SNES going though the OSSC. I don't have any space to include my Saturn but I did recently add a 3DO to the mix. Do you hang around AtariAge?

Phroobar

I have an account on AtariAge but haven't frequented them in a while. I had to do a lot of custom settings and used FirebrandX's OSSC settings. Due to using a projector on a 115" screen the games take a lot of adjusting to look nice, I tend to do about 20% scanlines and have different profiles for each console due to some being much too bright and some being very dim. So cool that you have a CDX. I have a Model 1 Sega Genesis with a Model 2 Sega CD and a 32X for my Genesis setup. I wish there was a way to hook my 2600 up to the OSSC. I have basically everything from Atari 2600 to the modern systems, minus things like Turbografx and 3DO.

Also, I found that as annoying as it is, taking the SCART switch (same one you have) out of the chain made the games have much better brightness.
You should look into buying a Collectorvision Phoenix. It will play Collecovision and Atari 2600 natively via FPGA cores. It has a hdmi out so it look amazing. They are starting to ship next month with a full roll out in July.

https://collectorvision.com/shop/colecovision/collectorvision-phoenix/

Phoenix-ADAM-Edition.png

Phroobar

Wow this was not even on my radar at all. That sounds amazing. The fact they are using FPGA and not System on a Chip means I am absolutely interested. Thanks! Are you getting one?
I have one on order since December. They have a Adam core and a Atari 5200 core in development for it too. You also get a free game and it uses regular Colecovision/Atari controllers or SNES pads. It has the OpCode Super Gamer Module built in. Definitely a steal.

truecoat

I have one on order since December. They have a Adam core and a Atari 5200 core in development for it too. You also get a free game and it uses regular Colecovision/Atari controllers or SNES pads. It has the OpCode Super Gamer Module built in. Definitely a steal.
[/QUOTE

Adam, heh heh. Just out of high school, my good friend cashed out some savings bonds and bought an Adam computer for the word processing ability along with the daisy wheel printer. It was a piece of crap. The daisy wheel printer never worked well. Playing Buck Rogers on the tape drive was cool though.

Phroobar

A Colecovision with a SGM will play Buck Rogers and Super Zaxxon now. OpCode has been promising pixel perfect arcade Donkey Kong for ten years now.

lifeisgoodboy

I was making an obscure tongue-in-cheek point about modern European royalty. In most EU royal houses, when a Prince marries a commoner, she is styled as Princess. Uniquely, in Sweden when Crown Princess Victoria married a commoner, the King made him a Prince and gave him the family name (Bernadotte)--but this is still the exception. In the UK, royal ladies are only styled Princess if they were born a Princess. Thus, Prince William's wife has the style and title of Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Cambridge, not Princess Catherine/Kate. Lacking a ducal title of his own, the Queen's cousin, Prince Michael of Kent (his elder brother inherited the Dukedom) is the last member of the royal family to have his wife styled by his own princely title as Princess Michael (her name is Marie-Christine). This is considered old-fashioned. Only those who were born a Princess of the blood royal are referred to as Princess (name). Currently that is limited to Princesses Anne, Beatrice, and Eugenie. This can go on to paragraphs and hundreds of words.

So when you said "Some of these princess were not born a princess." I was extrapolating it to Terran reality. It was a very small joke that shrank into oblivion as I explained it. Sorry.

Your are right about the princess. It's ok I forgive you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom