News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

mickEblu

So the last Star Wars video games I played were Shadows of the Empire, Rogue One squadron and Pod Racers on N64. Have any newer Star Wars video games surpassed those 3?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Here's a novel idea...why don't you just wait and see the place yourself before passing such negative judgement...or are you one of those who bristle at the very existence of Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland in the first place and will pounce on any sort of detail not to your liking to justify three years worth of pessimism?
I am still going to check it out but saying I can't form an opinion based on what I have seen so far is not a great point.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

From the pictures I've seen, the shops will not be anything like Star Trader. And to me, the idea of having plush dolls of characters from the movies in the park does not break immersion because these plush dolls simply represent legendary characters that people in that universe would have heard about and may admire as heroes or villains or whatever and therefore give toys representing them to their kids (or as gifts for themselves). I would assume that if the Star Wars movies were real that at least some of these stories would have reached the Outer Rim planets...especially since some of those characters have visited the planet multiple times, and there is currently both a Resistance and First Order presence there.
I respect your point of view. I disagree with it but I can understand your point

fctiger

I am still going to check it out but saying I can't form an opinion based on what I have seen so far is not a great point.

No offense, but you're over thinking it to the point you are zapping all the fun out of it. None of it is real and no one actually lives there. They are just trying to give you a fun and well rounded experience of the biggest highlights of what it would be like to be in a Star Wars story. From flying ships to fighting with a light saber or interacting with exotic characters.

If you wanted a true to life experience of living on a primitive backward alien planet being controlled by a galactic despot, it probably wouldn't be in a Disney park in the first place because it would be depressing as hell.

fctiger

I think there'll be a good amount of control, but I'm sure the ride will have some level of auto pilot to make sure it doesn't end early and isn't a complete disaster of an experience regularly. I can't recall the article now, but one of the articles had the interviewer ask I think it was Trowbridge if there were any references to L3-37, to which Trowbridge responded with something to the extent of "there will be some surprises." I'm expecting that unexpected surprise will be L3 essentially being the in-universe autopilot to keep the ride from being a horrible experience for all involved because that one guy just wants to try spinning over and over.

From the interview I posted here a few days ago the reporter who who got to do the press tour a few weeks back said you're going to get a complete ride no matter what and that no can actually destroy the Falcon. I kind of imagine it like a video game and you're given invincible power. It doesn't mean you can't hurt or something goes wrong but you can never be destroyed.

But now that you mention it, my guess is they may reference L3-37 and have her do any of the stuff no one else does to the point you probably don't need a pilot if it came to that.

fctiger

New Fresh Baked video on the construction:

The construction really does look almost complete, at least the top and rockwork portion. The one thing that really bothers me is the section from Toontown. You can literally see the unfinished rockwork portion from the land (starts at 4:10). I mean, seriously??? All that money and effort and you won't enclose the area that can been seen from another land? I'm hoping that will change but according to David that's the way its suppose to be. Very disappointing. Outside of that though, wow!

Last edited:

socalifornian

So the last Star Wars video games I played were Shadows of the Empire, Rogue One squadron and Pod Racers on N64. Have any newer Star Wars video games surpassed those 3?
Battlefront II (2005) was awesome. Force Unleashed was cool too
30DDB226-7D43-443E-B6DF-1A28C33AD786.gif

sedati

New Fresh Baked video on the construction:

The construction really does look almost complete, at least the top and rockwork portion. The one thing that really bothers me is the section from Toontown. You can literally see the unfinished rockwork portion from the land (starts at 4:10). I mean, seriously??? All that money and effort and you won't enclose the area that can been seen from another land? I'm hoping that will change but according to David that's the way its suppose to be. Very disappointing. Outside of that though, wow!

Construction may be nearly finished, but there is still planting to do. Also, the planting that has already been done should be given time to grow. A lot of what he’s been complaining about should be hidden soon. Also note, some of the trees along the berm aren’t looking good and may need to be replaced.

bclane

Construction may be nearly finished, but there is still planting to do. Also, the planting that has already been done should be given time to grow. A lot of what he’s been complaining about should be hidden soon. Also note, some of the trees along the berm aren’t looking good and may need to be replaced.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that over time, most of those places will be covered up by landscaping. Still, it seems that even if they finished those places up (the ones visible from Toontown in particular) with flat gray stucco, that it would look 1000 times better than seeing the bare metal underneath the rock work. I doubt that would cost that much to do but I'm a teacher and no next to nothing about concrete/stucco. Maybe they left it unfinished and open because they wanted to have access to the structure for some reason???

ThistleMae

Yes, sorry. Assumed folks knew that since his is a DL section of the board but can understand it might be confusion. Fixed my OP.
I've been following so many posts, forgot this was a DL section..sorry...and has it been confirmed they are all booked? We aren't going until November and we got a resort across the street. So excited! Being able to walk over and walk to two parks is just amazing. I'm used to bus, boats, monorail and then boats and bus and back again...all day long, every day, sometimes twice or three times a day. So this is a real treat for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom