News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If I'm sitting next to one of my buddies I have full confidence we can pilot the Falcon's X and Y axis in sync.

But if I'm sitting next to a rando I've never met? I have a feeling Chewie and Hondo are gonna be ****ed.

Its no different than playing some MMORPG where you have team quests with people you've never met. You'll have some people you clash with who don't listen to anyone and then you'll have people that work well together even if they've never met.

drod1985

Its no different than playing some MMORPG where you have team quests with people you've never met. You'll have some people you clash with who don't listen to anyone and then you'll have people that work well together even if they've never met.

While I've never played an MMORPG, I still totally agree. The basic principles of teamwork apply.

MoonRakerSCM

So reservations eh?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Westsider at Rat Chat is saying their will be standby to get into the land during the reservation period.

Yeah I don't know if I believe that or not. That would seem silly to me, introduce a reservation system in order to prevent long lines getting into the land and then open it up to long lines getting into the land anyways. Yeah I don't buy it.

ThistleMae

Since Disney always seems to surprise us, you just never know when and if they will change their minds on something. We just have to wait and see. Still, I'd be all over making a reservation as soon as they tell us how.

fctiger

I was talking to my daughter and grand kids yesterday and asked how long they would wait in line to experience the ride. My granddaughters boyfriend is a huge Star Wars fan. They said they are dedicating one day for just that ride. I asked if they would wait 5 hours, and they said yes. We wondered if we could figure out a way to play Yahtzee while waiting.

I think a lot of people are going to do this when the land opens and just dedicate the entire day for the ride. In fact we were going to do that for both rides, ROTR and SR. We actually decided to spend up to 5 hours in each line when we first went and was going to load up on all the Star Wars movies to watch in the line on our phones to pass the time around and get in the spirit of it.And honestly 1+ hour lines go by much faster when you have a good TV show or film to watch. Now with just one ride curretnly I guess its going to be even busier but we will probably wait up to 5 hours for it the first time, maybe longer but that's probably pushing it lol.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think a lot of people are going to do this when the land opens and just dedicate the entire day for the ride. In fact we were going to do that for both rides, ROTR and SR. We actually decided to spend up to 5 hours in each line when we first went and was going to load up on all the Star Wars movies to watch in the line on our phones to pass the time around and get in the spirit of it.And honestly 1+ hour lines go by much faster when you have a good TV show or film to watch. Now with just one ride curretnly I guess its going to be even busier but we will probably wait up to 5 hours for it the first time, maybe longer but that's probably pushing it lol.

Sounds like a good idea. I wonder how many others will be watching SW movies (or acting them out) while in line waiting....

JD2000

Yeah I don't know if I believe that or not. That would seem silly to me, introduce a reservation system in order to prevent long lines getting into the land and then open it up to long lines getting into the land anyways. Yeah I don't buy it.
Yeah, that might work in Florida, but not in Anaheim, with the hoards of locals at the ready.

Mac Tonight

I'll just say this...if Other Bob and I can score a flawless run on Star Wars : Galaxies Edge : Millennium Falcon : Smuggler's Run...then ANYONE can! Even YOU!

Frontierland's Finest

I wonder if the boarding card are going to be assigned randomly or by standing on a number or specific position like Mission: Space at WDW. I wouldn't be surprised if CMs don't take request for one of the pilot positions. If they do, don't be surprised if children are in the pilot spots 😅

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom