News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The "Legends"...sorry you lost me. o_O
The legend of Legends.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I guess my question is, why does having the land set between films constitute it being “out of continuity”? That’s not how continuity works.

Out of continuity would be when something within the land contradicts the period of events and the places it is attempting to convey. An example is that Gringotts is set during Voldemort’s rule, but the rest of the land seems to sit somewhere around the fifth movie.

Assuming Kylo Ren dies in IX, that doesn’t make the land “out of continuity”, it just means he can’t die in Rise of the Resistance, because the story isn’t at the point where he dies yet.

It’s the same principle as Rogue One, or any other in-between movie in the series. They’re not out of the continuity, they’re just showing you what happens before you get to the end.

Its a discussion forum. Someone raised concerns over how it would be weird for them to see characters in Batuu that may not be part of the SW films much longer after those films are released. And then some of us continued with that discussion, including someone who pointed out that Lucas tries to maintain continuity through all their mediums, ie books, films, etc, so it wouldn't make sense not to change the land because of it. So that is where the whole continuity discussion came in.

Anyways, in the end it won't matter, the land will be amazing.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I agree, from the sounds of things RotR is the 'problem' attraction that fixes themselves to a narrow time period.

Hondo and the MF could theoretically be changed with a few lines of dialogue to occur during a huge period of time during Star Wars canon. Especially since Han didn't have access to it for so many years.

While we will have to wait and see for confirmation, it's probably a good bet that by the end of Episode 9 the First Order will be vanquished (for the most part anyway, the First Order was grown from the ashes of the Empire and that can happen again since there is always evil in the universe). And without a First Order, there is no need for a Resistance anymore.

The First Order and the Resistance are integral to the narrative for Galaxy's Edge, so I don't think it's just RotR that is the problem for time period issues after Episode 9, but the entirety of the land.

Ok, been sitting here contemplating this before sending. I suppose the rest of the land's narrative could be easily adjusted to not include FIrst Order and Resistance presence since it's in Wild Space and is mostly shops and restaurants. They would just have to remove any First Order troopers walking around and I suppose the TIE Echelon and X-Wings could be removed or just be relics of what was, but to me having a First Order and Resistance section adds to the fun of the land.

drod1985

Cross posting from the WDW thread...

The OC Register has put out a few more articles on GE over the last few days. Here were some interesting tidbits I didn't recall from the earlier slate of articles.

The Rides
  • Smuggler's Run
    • Your position in the crew is assigned via boarding cards.
    • The pilot in the front left seat steers the ship left and right.
    • The co-pilot in the front right seat is responsible for the ascent and descent of the ship.
  • ROTR Resistance Transport Ship capacity is approximate 50 people

Savi’s Workshop
  • The 20 minute experience isn't just for the builders, “You’re in there with only 14 builders and your family.”
  • Special effects will add elements of mystery and wonder to the lightsaber-building experience.
  • “It has some great moments of magic,” Beatty said. “The finale is super, super cool. In the reveal at the end you’ll be visited by an old friend as part of the experience.”

Mubo’s Droid Depot

• “This shop will be polluted with droids that are full size,” Beatty said. “The whole back wall here is filled with astromechs and BB units. There’s an Imperial droid in here. There’s a medical droid. If you’re a fan of Star Wars droids, there’s a droid from almost every one of the franchise films. It’s going to be just chock full of fun characters that you know and love.”
  • Builders will use a mechanical screwdriver to assemble the droid parts. An information guide spells out the build steps. Each of the droid panels and pieces can be customized.
  • There’s no time limit. You can take as long as you want to build your personalized droid. “We’ll have other guests that may come in and go, ‘You know what I really want? I want to play a little bit. Change the head a couple of different times. Really create something crazy and wild,’” Beatty said.
  • More reiteration that your mini-droid will communicate with full-sized units found throughout the land
  • Droid Depot will also sell pre-built droids and collectibles made from droid parts.

General Notes
  • Blue/Green milk is provided by the Bubo Wamba family farm.
  • Blue Milk and Green Milk sold at the Milk Stand will cost less than $15
  • The Milk Stand will be located in a First Order-controlled sector of the village across from a docked TIE fighter (likely the TIE Echelon). The menacing starship will serve as the marquee entrance to the First Order Cargo gift shop, run by the 709 Legion known as the Red Fury.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
One pilot controls left and right, while the other controls up and down?

Yikes. Be ready for some jerky, bumpy rides. How can they expect people to be coordinated with only 3 minutes of flying?

As long as the controls are as smooth and responsive as the Speedway cars, what can go wrong?

flynnibus

Premium Member

When I saw the thumbnail for this in my suggestions the first thing that popped into my head was....."I wonder...."

Sure enough, everything in this video is taken directly from the Westsider post on Rat Chat.

then why bother giving them clicks by posting or mentioning the video here? Let crap die in non-relevance

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
One pilot controls left and right, while the other controls up and down?

Yikes. Be ready for some jerky, bumpy rides. How can they expect people to be coordinated with only 3 minutes of flying?

It will definitely make things interesting! No single person can become an expert at flying and must rely on someone else to be equally as good. Could be funny, could be frustrating, could help build team-building skills, could cause temper tantrums. The possibilities are endless!!

fctiger

Wow the droid and light saber shop sounds incredibly cool! And the light saber shop also sounds like a mini-interactive show as well. I have a feeling these will be the real stars of GE, to be able to build your own light saber and droids will get lots of kids (and kids at heart) drooling.

shortstop

• The pilot in the front left seat steers the ship left and right.
  • The co-pilot in the front right seat is responsible for the ascent and descent of the ship.
Reminds me of Primeval Whirl at DAK where the front passenger controls the height and the back passenger controls the tilting lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom