News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Ismael Flores

...would have been nice to have a separate entrance just for Star Wars, just to keep the rest of the park clear. I don;t live there so I don;t know if that is feasible to begin with.

There is actually a backstage gate access just a few yards away from the land with an actual sidewalk that leads under the Disneyland Drive and directly into the parking structure. marked it in yellow.

whether it can be used as an alternative exit has been brought up before but it doesn't seem like it would be a difficult possibility

Disney Irish

Premium Member
There is actually a backstage gate access just a few yards away from the land with an actual sidewalk that leads under the Disneyland Drive and directly into the parking structure. marked it in yellow.

whether it can be used as an alternative exit has been brought up before but it doesn't seem like it would be a difficult possibilityView attachment 352604

Part of that is the tram path. So they'd have to reorient the tram path so as not to have guests walking along side the trams.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
i just noticed that i drew the pathway a bit to low. The actual pathway is actually just north of that and has no connection to the tramway, I have used it before.

here i fixed itView attachment 352609

Problem with that as I said earlier in this thread, its an unthemed backstage area. They would have to 1. theme the area or at least block views of backstage, and 2. allow space for an "entrance/exit" into SW:GE from the backside, something currently not there.

Its not something they are going to do.

SuddenStorm

I'm actually with Irish Bruh on this one. There's just about zero chance of Disney doing an alternate entrance that feeds directly into GE. The only way I see it happening is if they build the Star Wars hotel back there... but that's also not supposed to be happening.

There are numerous reasons... They want the guests walking through the park, especially up and down Main Street, for the merchandise/food sales. Logistical... If you make people line up there to get into GE, how to you manage all of the hotel/Toy Story lot guests?. Not to mention having to further rework the backstage to accommodate it.

SWGalaxysEdge

I'm actually with Irish Bruh on this one. There's just about zero chance of Disney doing an alternate entrance that feeds directly into GE. The only way I see it happening is if they build the Star Wars hotel back there... but that's also not supposed to be happening.

There are numerous reasons... They want the guests walking through the park, especially up and down Main Street, for the merchandise/food sales. Logistical... If you make people line up there to get into GE, how to you manage all of the hotel/Toy Story lot guests?. Not to mention having to further rework the backstage to accommodate it.

...that;s actually how they are getting guests from the SW Hotel here in FL, to the land. A themed shuttle will pick them up and "fly them" to the land. The special bus will be equipped to simulate space flight inside.

SuddenStorm

...that;s actually how they are getting guests from the SW Hotel here in FL, to the land. A themed shuttle will pick them up and "fly them" to the land. The special bus will be equipped to simulate space flight inside.

My man, Florida isn't Disneyland. We're discussing Disneyland. The crowd logistics between the two resorts are extroadinarily different. And as I said in my comment, the only way there would be a special entrance to the land in Disneyland is if they built the hotel in Anaheim.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Dude , I was just mentioning it....

Except the conversation was about if at Disneyland it would be feasible to have a special entrance/exit, which by the way you asked. So how DHS will do their SW Hotel transport to get guests into their land has no bearing on the Disneyland conversation.

I know its hard but lets keep DLR and DHS conversations separate as not to confuse people.

NateD1226

So if WDW SW:GE was going to be the same as DL SW:GE, would that mean this debate over WDW SW:GE and DL SW:GE would not happen? I think a battle between WDW SW:GE and DL SW:GE would be perfect! We all know DL SW:GE would win over WDW SW:GE over the size difference. Plus, DL SW:GE is going to be way cooler than WDW SW:GE;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For discussions about SW:GE in Disneyland, please use large font.

For discussions about SW:GE in Walt Disney World, please use
tiny font.

By matching font size to the size of the lands we can avoid confusion.

To indicate you don't know the difference between Disneyland and Walt Disney World: Ụ̸̢̻̦ͤ͌ͦ̑s̢͇̤̜̜͈͇̺̮ͫ̇ẻ̝͇͎̩͐̔́̽ͧ ̍͛̊ͤ͐̔͏̖̟͜t̜̯̱͇̹̘̣̅̆̚h̨̯̼̯̅̋̊̇ͧ̇́̃͜͡e̢̲̳̥̫͒́̾̇̌ͫ͠ ̲̖̒ͧ͛͑͒f̸̄̈̊̋͂̋҉̮͖̩̗͉͕͎̮̼o̮̙͒̾͝͡n̝ͪ̔ͭ̆̚t̪̩̠͙̝̭̯͈͑̃͗ͪ ̟̹̝̘͓̲̋̂ͦ͌͒ͮͮ͢͢ȏ̜̰̜͓̀͌ͤͥ̇͊̕͜ḟ̬͉͙͓ͬ̊ͧ̚ ̾ͭ̏̀̆̎̄ͥ͌͏͉̣̩̘̟t̛͚̺̩̤̰͋͛̀͟h͈̖͍̰́̀̚e̞̦͒̃ ̹͉̘̦̞̓̉͐̓̏ͦͩ͊ͅg̵̭̅̀͌̔ͤͪ̾̊͜ŗ̰̝͎͓̤̼͋̄̏͂̚͜e̢͚̤̤̲̹͚̩̐̇̎a̝̣̥͖̣͙̻͈̽̓̉ͬ̐ͭ̈̈̚t̘͚͖͕ͦ̓ͮ̔͊́̒̚͘͢ͅ ̸̭̣͈̝͇̙͔̳͔͛̿̈̀ͣͯ́̀C̴͍̬̫̅ͩ̂̅̑t̶̰̪͇̫ͬ̅́̎ͤ̑̃͆͠h̸̡̢͙̳͍̰ͥ̓̋͊̋̿̐u͔̤̳̝̥͊̉͋̋͜͠ͅͅl̟̟̔̀h̑̓ͧ̃̃̅͏̱̟͓͈͡ú̧͖̞͓̒͒͠ͅ!̟̯̻͖̖̱͊̃̓͂͂ͅ

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom