News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

SWGalaxysEdge

SWGalaxysEdge

TIE Fighter has been installed - credit Yensid55 (youtube)

Old Mouseketeer

I think I found it for you. I remembered a conversation I had on Micechat years ago where someone graciously provided me this link...

Shout out to Deadwinterskies on Micechat.

EDIT: Sorry, i just checked the links and they are no longer good. Bummer

Double EDIT: found it on Youtube...

I'm so embarrassed. I've had this conversation a couple of years ago. I realize it now that I see it was Vera Lynn.

Thank you so much.

And I love the Hammond B-3 organ! But it sounds even better on the outdoor speakers.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’m aware, but still lots of people. At capacity, if everybody in the park tries to go on one of the rides, it’s over a full day of operation also.

For FoP, when it was at its peak with 5+ hours, they stopped people getting on the line before the park closed. So, if they see an eight hour line for a SW attraction, you can bet they'll be a CM at the end of the line keeping more people from queuing up.

The Pho

Let’s be realistic, you’re not going to have 50-75k people all flock to SW:GE at closing.
They don’t need to go at closing. I think it’s safe to assume most people there opening day will go for Star Wars. So assume the park hits capacity and 60% of the people go to one of the rides by noon. That’s roughly 50k people going over there, the rides can handle something around 3,000 an hour combined. That’s 17 hours of operation, and people will want to get in line all day long. I think the park hitting capacity at noon is optimistic, it’ll be earlier than that, and people will want to do more than one ride. That means they’ll either have to operate for longer or cut the lines off very early in the day, at least for that initial rush. How they handle it will be very interesting, it’ll be hard to keep people happy.

SWGalaxysEdge

They don’t need to go at closing. I think it’s safe to assume most people there opening day will go for Star Wars. So assume the park hits capacity and 60% of the people go to one of the rides by noon. That’s roughly 50k people going over there, the rides can handle something around 3,000 an hour combined. That’s 17 hours of operation, and people will want to get in line all day long. I think the park hitting capacity at noon is optimistic, it’ll be earlier than that, and people will want to do more than one ride. That means they’ll either have to operate for longer or cut the lines off very early in the day, at least for that initial rush. How they handle it will be very interesting, it’ll be hard to keep people happy.

...would have been nice to have a separate entrance just for Star Wars, just to keep the rest of the park clear. I don;t live there so I don;t know if that is feasible to begin with.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

There will be a cutoff at some point during the day of letting new guests into the land. So while I expect them to keep the land open for an hour or two after closing, but I don't expect them to keep it opened 24 hours.

Edit: With an 8-9a opening and a 12a closing, that is already 15-16 hours of being opened. So with an the extra hour or two after closing of processing guests would handle the 50k people @The Pho is suggesting. They could even start letting people in early at 7a just to move people along.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
...would have been nice to have a separate entrance just for Star Wars, just to keep the rest of the park clear. I don;t live there so I don;t know if that is feasible to begin with.

SW:GE butts up against Disneyland Dr and the tram path. So while not impossible it would have required a lot more time and construction to make that feasible. Just something that the current infrastructure/berm is setup to handle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom