News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Ismael Flores

Except you're not going to have the rides running for hours and hours past closing. There will be a cut-off, likely where they only can allow up to an hour past closing. This is because security has to do their sweeps and cleanup crews have to do their jobs. If you have guests in the park 2-3 hours after parking closing that just delays everything else. And that is something the Operations will likely never allow.

And the bypass I don't think has ever opened for closing, which is what you're talking about. The bypass is usually only used for when the park is still opened and people are both entering/exiting at the same time while Main St would be blocked, usually due to some entertainment. So there would be no one using it at closing and bypassing Main St.

Also as you already stated, the shops are opened for an hour after closing. This proves Disney does actually care about last minute shoppers. If they didn't they'd just close all shops on Main St at the same time as park closing.

They actually have had attractions running past the hour, i have been there when it has happened. I was at Disneyland when Indiana Jones opened as well as when Star tours opened and due to the demand the attraction continued feeding guests that were in line by closing time. remember clearly walking thru mainstreet while crews were pressure washing the street they even had work trucks on mainstreet. They actually had CM and security at strategic points making sure guests walked down mainstreet to the one open gate to exit the park.

as for the bypass true that they never open it at closing but the largest exodus of the park is during and after fireworks. It was commented that Disney would never consider loosing out on last minute sells but they seem to have no problem loosing out on sells during the busiest exodus of the park which is after fireworks.

Of course they don't mind making more money and that is one of the reasons why they keep the stores open but the main reason is because they are aware that attractions throughout the park are still operating in order to empty out queues of people that were in line before park closing

The point i guess is that if they find that the crowds are causing an issue if needed they can in theory funnel out guest directly to the parking structure from SWGE using the short backstage connection in the north/west area if there is a close access gate from inside the land

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
They actually have had attractions running past the hour, i have been there when it has happened. I was at Disneyland when Indiana Jones opened as well as when Star tours opened and due to the demand the attraction continued feeding guests that were in line by closing time. remember clearly walking thru mainstreet while crews were pressure washing the street they even had work trucks on mainstreet. They actually had CM and security at strategic points making sure guests walked down mainstreet to the one open gate to exit the park.

as for the bypass true that they never open it at closing but the largest exodus of the park is during and after fireworks. It was commented that Disney would never consider loosing out on last minute sells but they seem to have no problem loosing out on sells during the busiest exodus of the park which is after fireworks.

Of course they don't mind making more money and that is one of the reasons why they keep the stores open but the main reason is because they are aware that attractions throughout the park are still operating in order to empty out queues of people that were in line before park closing

The point i guess is that if they find that the crowds are causing an issue if needed they can in theory funnel out guest directly to the parking structure from SWGE using the short backstage connection in the north/west area if there is a close access gate from inside the land

There will be other things they can do long before they ever consider opening an exit out the back of SW:GE. For example there are 3 entrances to the land, one can be dedicated for exiting only.

SWGalaxysEdge

There will be other things they can do long before they ever consider opening an exit out the back of SW:GE. For example there are 3 entrances to the land, one can be dedicated for exiting only.

..I keep hearing it going back and forth, but in Florida, there are only 2 entrances and the one by TSL is supposed to be an exit only...so only 1 way in and 1 way out

lifeisgoodboy

Also... actual Hidden Mickeys are hidden. There are way too many Mickey's that people refer to as 'Hidden Mickeys' when they're no such thing because they're not hidden. A Mickey on a manhole cover is not a Hidden Mickey because there's no attempt to hide it. It's just a Mickey. The giant Mickey-shaped tree in The Land is not a Hidden Mickey... it's not hidden. It's just a fun way to do an obvious Mickey. I'm pretty sure SWL will not have any such non-Hidden Mickeys.

When the three hot air balloons in Soarin' pass by each other and for a moment form a Mickey... that's a Hidden Mickey. That's the kind of HMs I would expect in SWL.

There is also Hidden Mickey books to describe what a Hidden Mickey is?

lifeisgoodboy

I'm looking forward to hidden R2-D2 or knowing Disney BB-8.

GWdzq606bGz0ykv6kHC-n2ZrfLjCtSiXVF0eWU3DmUs.jpg

or maybe another droid annoying BB-8 from episode 9.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom