News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

BrianLo

Original Poster
And FYI most of what is being discussed here was all pretty well hammered out eight months ago on the Florida thread- you know, the one for the "smaller" land that's "way" behind :)

Actually, we had mostly worked through that 13 months ago. But Florida's is 3-5 months behind schedule, so it's understandable. ;)

One of the important details from this concept art is that we are on a First order star destroyer... in space.

That provide a lot of clarity to the details that @marni1971 and @JediMasterMatt etc have dropped. First Marni has outline where the actual ride mechanism takes place leading to the presumption that this huge bay is actually a queue room.

We have a large crashed engine cylinder that we believe the resistance has set up in, sitting outside.

Based on all that I figure queue progression goes as such - covered open air extended queue - resistance pre show with mission briefing - queue through cave filled with resistance fighters - queue leads into first order stolen transport ship - pre-show (and probably one of the real kickers of a pre-show where we are transported into space) - large docking bay queue space as seen in concept art above - ?third pre-show with instructions from First Order (have we offloaded as potential civilian recruits?) - board the resistance transport vehicles.

Now some kitchen sink thoughts I have:

-The force field into space will obviously be a giant screen. Will they use some parallex effects/musion? Will we even see an effect where a tie fighter takes off and leaves through a brief opening in the screen to space?

-How involved will our transport into space be? Perhaps that's where MiceAge got a bit of mixed signals with getting on and off the 'ride'? It could be as simple as Toyko's Centre of the Earth elevators, or will we get a bit more of a seated preshow with some actual simulation?

Purely based on how everything is laid out though I think what is particularly novel about the potential layout is that the pre-shows could be a bit more evenly distributed amongst the queue. Instead of a clustered pre-show at the end of the wait we could see a wait - preshow - 20-30 wait - pre-show -20-30 wait - preshow - wait to board.

It's possible that the left side of the turret under the tarp is the standby (therefore using that extended, extended, extended queue section) OR based on where it sits it could actually be used to corral guests into a backstage area to enter the land in the initial days/weeks when it runs capacity.

DSC_7185-X3.jpg

DSC_7622-X3.jpg

I'll draw partially out where I can see some ride entrances and exits in a moment...

36078083971_e9d4439ef9_o.jpg

Here we go....

I used a bunch of different colours if only to highlight how totally unsure I am which ones fit together. If the later two entrances to the right of the turret marquee represents single rider and FP... then the blue line could actually be a bit more of a straight shot around into the down engine tube. If you instead go to the left you might get the pink standby line taking the long way to many hours of hidden switchbacks.

There are a ton of different semi-obvious queue structures before you really even get indoors. The yellow squiggles are just a few major areas that I foresee switchbacks. We have a nice initial section that seems to wrap by those waterfalls (albeit the blue may not do that close of a drive by), a huge open-cave section with Rebel ships and the large downed engine. The only reason those need to be in that sequence is for logistics of not having the standby and FP/single rider paths criss-cross one another.

The red is where I believe the exit path will push out... coming out of the building, passed the outside of the downed engine semi-cylindrical structure (but between that structure and the trees where the main path into the town centre is you can make out a path that doesn't ever communicate with the main one anywhere else). Finally dumping truly out by the merch stands.

Now the one other point of speculation supporting that being the exit is that the downed engine has an exterior ridged lip to it. I speculate if the exit path is forced through that way... the lip is actually an overhang for some more merch, Photopass, etc. A few stands

MiceChat speculated the huge doors communicating with the backstage area between the two rides is for the exit. I'll guarantee that's not the case, the ride building is huge and that is simply way too far away from the ride entrance... guests are dumb and need to be dumped out somewhat close to their strollers.

Last edited:

BrianLo

Original Poster
Unrelated (?or related) note but I finally found the coveted rare model shot of the bulk of what does not exist in Florida. Pretty much everything in the foreground. I think TDO tried to scorch it from the internet...

DSC_7834-X3-2.jpg

Also... are those cut outs in the foreground bathrooms? I actually don't know if we ever decided that. I see I was calling that a queue once upon a time (formerly highlighted in Pink), but bathrooms seems a lot more logical.

Last edited:

mickEblu

I just edited my post, but I think that's a path to bathrooms. :hilarious: Looks like it links back in again.

Even the model still aggravatingly cuts off before critter country's true entry point.

Nice. I like it! Regardless, WDW doesn’t have that right? They don’t get bathrooms. No but seriously they won’t have that little sweet bathroom path. They may have the bathroom.

ThemeParkTraveller

Unrelated (?or related) note but I finally found the coveted rare model shot of the bulk of what does not exist in Florida. Pretty much everything in the foreground. I think TDO tried to scorch it from the internet...

View attachment 305532

I like that the bulk of SWL is a fair distance from the exit of Critter Country versus Frontierland. I think the sheer length of that wooded walkway will make for a smoother transition from the more cartoony atmosphere of Critter Country.

180º

View attachment 305532

Also... are those cut outs in the foreground bathrooms? I actually don't know if we ever decided that. I see I was calling that a queue once upon a time (formerly highlighted in Pink), but bathrooms seems a lot more logical.
Nice shot! I’m thinking those aren’t bathrooms, since the Critter Country restrooms are so close. It may just be bonus sprawling queue, kind of like the “forbidden forest” overflow USH got with FJ.

Also, fun fact: that Critter-SWGE transition area alone is the size of the Walt Disney World resort.

tonymu

Premium Member
Nice. I like it! Regardless, WDW doesn’t have that right? They don’t get bathrooms. No but seriously they won’t have that little sweet bathroom path. They may have the bathroom.
Poor people in California will have to hold it a lot longer as they have to travel further to the bathroom on the sweet bathroom path! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom