News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

mickEblu

It should be quite spectacular and I believe that everyone will agree the real ride starts with the transport up and not the LPS as it's going to be such a great reveal.

Except instead of a short walk down a hallway to your doom buggy like in HM, I imagine it will be a while until you actually get in your LPS vehicle after the reveal in the hangar. I’m very intrigued by the set up/ Q for this attraction but what will they do for the hour(?) in between the reveal and boarding your ride vehicle to make us feel like we re not just in line again? HM feels like the ride starts in the stretching room because from that point on there is nothing traditional about the “Q” and you go from the stretching room to your ride vehicle very quickly.

Or am I wrong and you board your LPS vehicle fairly soon after the reveal?

nevol

Except instead of a short walk down a hallway to your doom buggy like in HM, I imagine it will be a while until you actually get in your LPS vehicle after the reveal in the hangar. I’m very intrigued by the set up/ Q for this attraction but what will they do for the hour(?) in between the reveal and boarding your ride vehicle to make us feel like we re not just in line again? HM feels like the ride starts in the stretching room because from that point on there is nothing traditional about the “Q” and you go from the stretching room to your ride vehicle very quickly.

Or am I wrong and you board your LPS vehicle fairly soon after the reveal?
Probably right away. Just based on how well planned this all is, I doubt they'd dump you in another 30 minute queue. think about how they'll have to block the groups just to board that transport vehicle off of batuu; your group of 50 or so people won't be allowed to see anybody get on that vehicle before you. You can't watch the door close, the vehicle doesn't move, and then you get on the vehicle and its empty. Youll probably be in some sort of waiting room/bullpen in a cave, and then guided to board the vehicle almost as soon as you see it. Quickly! we have to get off this planet! Then once you get in the star destroyer, your trackless vehicles are ready to go. The pacing of the loading can be controlled by the transport vehicle scene, the waiting and the waiting/staging room for that. Nobody gets into the vehicle or off of the vehicle until the star destroyer loading platform is empty.

mickEblu

Probably right away. Just based on how well planned this all is, I doubt they'd dump you in another 30 minute queue. think about how they'll have to block the groups just to board that transport vehicle off of batuu; your group of 50 or so people won't be allowed to see anybody get on that vehicle before you. You can't watch the door close, the vehicle doesn't move, and then you get on the vehicle and its empty. Youll probably be in some sort of waiting room/bullpen in a cave, and then guided to board the vehicle almost as soon as you see it. Quickly! we have to get off this planet! Then once you get in the star destroyer, your trackless vehicles are ready to go. The pacing of the loading can be controlled by the transport vehicle scene, the waiting and the waiting/staging room for that. Nobody gets into the vehicle or off of the vehicle until the star destroyer loading platform is empty.

That would be awesome. In this scenario most of the actual Q would be before you step onto the turntable. I was under the impression for some reason that the turntable would be pretty soon after entering the show building. I think I assumed that we were walking into the transport on Batuu as we entered the show building.

nevol

That would be awesome. In this scenario most of the actual Q would be before you step onto the turntable. I was under the impression for some reason that the turntable would be pretty soon after entering the show building. I think I assumed that we were walking into the transport on Batuu as we entered the show building.
Most of the queue will be in caves south of the show building, in the area with one floor of rockwork, atop which they planted a sea of trees. You'll actually go back outside to get into the escape vehicle.

SSG

OK, this is a new permit, but it doesn't say much:

BLD2018-03845 Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - BLDG 10070 - Tenant Improvement

I looked back through the posts to see if BLDG 10070 was listed. It was:

BLD2018-02794 Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - Area Site Development Adjacent to Bldg 1007 - New Steel Sculpture Ship Anchored to Existing Pad. Foundation under permit BLD2017-02850

Going to that permit number, it's been revised:

Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - Bldg 10070 - New per-fabricated ship has one stunt performer only. Anchored to existing pad. Foundation under permit BLD2017-02850

So, a ship with a performer on it.

btw, the BLD2017-02850 permit comes back to: Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - Site Development includes items that encompass the area outside of the facility buildings. This includes 3,748 ln.ft x 6' high and 2,130 ln.ft x 10' high retaining walls and decorative walls, light poles, fan poles, covered queue of 1,571 s.ft. faux evaporators, 83 s,ft canopy for cardboard bailer, (2) free standing rockwork structures, (3) decorative faux tanks with 160 s.ft catwalks, (6) foundation only for show sets, (1) foundation only marque show set and landscape.

Last edited:

mickEblu

BLD2018-03845 Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - BLDG 10070 - Tenant Improvement

BLD2018-02794 Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - Area Site Development Adjacent to Bldg 1007 - New Steel Sculpture Ship Anchored to Existing Pad. Foundation under permit BLD2017-02850

Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - Bldg 10070 - New per-fabricated ship has one stunt performer only. Anchored to existing pad. Foundation under permit BLD2017-02850

Maybe it’s me but I don’t feel like a spaceship works thematically in Frontierland. Unless of course Frontierland is being overlayed into Cowboys & Aliens land.

nevol

Maybe THIS is the new ship that we saw at dhs.

I called this stuff months ago. Maybe i took it a step further and insinuated that guests would be able to access these balcony areas and the lookout tower on battle escape, as bounty hunters and the like, but this is proof I was half right. Many of those buildings are built to scale. We can see the door on that lookout tower on battle escape and its quite clear there will be cast members up there keeping watch over batuu.

bshah365

I'm pumped about the transport to the show building for Battle Escape. Does anybody have any guesses on how we will return back to Batuu after the ride is completed? I highly doubt we will board the same ship again to bring us back.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm pumped about the transport to the show building for Battle Escape. Does anybody have any guesses on how we will return back to Batuu after the ride is completed? I highly doubt we will board the same ship again to bring us back.

This post may provide some insight ;):p:cool:

This was just updated:

BLD2018-03809 Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - BLD 10040/ Attraction #1 - Accessory Structure: Pre-fabricated prop vehicle "Escape Pod" structure for Attraction #1

*I'm just joking, but would be interesting if it turns out to be true*

sedati

The ride exits in the large crashed cylinder shaped wreck. In the main building adjacent to that sits the pits we saw before the building went up. Over those pits are two spaces that go all the way up to the ceiling. My guess was that we enter some sort of drop system to represent either a crash landing, escape pod or the like. Martin, a trusted insider called it a "controlled descent."

And FYI most of what is being discussed here was all pretty well hammered out eight months ago on the Florida thread- you know, the one for the "smaller" land that's "way" behind :)

mickEblu

The ride exits in the large crashed cylinder shaped wreck. In the main building adjacent to that sits the pits we saw before the building went up. Over those pits are two spaces that go all the way up to the ceiling. My guess was that we enter some sort of drop system to represent either a crash landing, escape pod or the like. Martin, a trusted insider called it a "controlled descent."

And FYI most of what is being discussed here was all pretty well hammered out eight months ago on the Florida thread- you know, the one for the "smaller" land that's "way" behind :)

Controlled? Shoot! A nice thrilling drop would be a great finale for the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom