News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

SSG

Going back a bit further we have "Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - BLD 10040/ Attraction #1 - New Commercial Construction: 165,565 sq.ft two story Amusement Building with (4) pits in basement level and (4) equipment building's roof level."

Sounds like Battle Escape is #1

Ismael Flores

It’s completely contingent on what they do with mid section of the berm. If they mimic the DL layout for that section and just backfill it with lots of trees, it is indeed technically smaller, albeit with more future potential space. Mostly due to critter country/grand avenue entrance discrepancies.

Nothing leads me to believe they have a plan right now to utilize the space as they couldn’t even be bothered to pay for design work for a second entrance tunnel.

that area will be the new expansion pad for the Toy Story / Star Wars crossover transition section coming soon to DHS. Soon a giant Buzz and Mr Potato head will meet guests as they enter the area and prepare themselves to face the evil empire.

7149803_baad.jpg

HauntedMansionFLA

I noticed the scale is a little off in that side-by-side, so I went ahead and fixed it:
View attachment 304588

In all seriousness, it’s interesting to see how Florida seemed to be ahead on outpost buildings until around last month. Of course, seeing as Disneyland’s SWGE opens sooner, that was bound to happen at some point. And now, Florida’s ahead on something again, this time with ships.
Where does the hotel go?

Old Mouseketeer

The rumors, as I recall, are that you enter that ship to walk into the inner Battle Escape queue. So you are literally boarding a ship to experience the attraction. All part of the immersion.....

What I have heard is that when you board that ship you are actually boarding a freestanding cabin on a turntable. This is the rotunda we saw being built that goes into the ground. I'm guessing there are three cabins on hydraulic mounts, but that's conjecture on my part. (I'm basing that on the geometry and the idea that there is one cabin loading, one in transit, and one unloading.) Supposedly the story line is that you are boarding a resistance transport, you take off and are then caught in the tractor beam of a First Order Star Destroyer. When the hatch opens, you exit into the hanger bay we have seen a rendering of. We also saw it under construction with the curved frame for the portal into space. I think the idea is that you are now detained, queue through the ranks of stormtroopers and then board your droid-driven personnel carrier to continue your adventure trying to escape.

Take this all with a grain of salt. It's all my conjecture based on what I've read on the Interwebs--my best Bothan spies have all signed NDAs.

VJ

What I have heard is that when you board that ship you are actually boarding a freestanding cabin on a turntable. This is the rotunda we saw being built that goes into the ground. I'm guessing there are three cabins on hydraulic mounts, but that's conjecture on my part. (I'm basing that on the geometry and the idea that there is one cabin loading, one in transit, and one unloading.) Supposedly the story line is that you are boarding a resistance transport, you take off and are then caught in the tractor beam of a First Order Star Destroyer. When the hatch opens, you exit into the hanger bay we have seen a rendering of. We also saw it under construction with the curved frame for the portal into space. I think the idea is that you are now detained, queue through the ranks of stormtroopers and then board your droid-driven personnel carrier to continue your adventure trying to escape.

Take this all with a grain of salt. It's all my conjecture based on what I've read on the Interwebs--my best Bothan spies have all signed NDAs.
No Bothans were harmed in the making of this post.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

There are seven simulator pods on four turntables.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

By inner queue I mean that you are going into the area where you will physically board whatever vehicle will be used in the first part of the attraction. So yeah that sort of aligns with what you are talking about. So we're on a similar thinking.

180º

There are seven simulator pods on four turntables.
I take it you’re referring to Big Bird. We’re talking about the Alcatraz turntable.

Battle Escape has its own turntable where the guests will enter their vehicles, rumored to be trackless vehicles.
Alcatraz’s turntable is part of the queue and doesn’t interface with the trackless ride vehicles, as far as we can tell. See Old Mouseketeer’s post above, or Martin Smith’s posts in the Florida thread. As far as we can speculate, guests will approach the rebel transport ship outdoors on Batuu. The ship conceals the entrance to the turntable. Once on board the “ship,” guests will feel like they’re flying into space and being picked up by a Star Destroyer. In reality, their cabin will have been rotated to face the inside of the attraction building. The door will open and guests will spill out into the Star Destroyer hangar, which is still part of the queue, according to our insiders. The load area is either in the hangar or beyond it, but not before it.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I take it you’re referring to Big Bird. We’re talking about the Alcatraz turntable.

Alcatraz’s turntable is part of the queue and doesn’t interface with the trackless ride vehicles, as far as we can tell. See Old Mouseketeer’s post above, or Martin Smith’s posts in the Florida thread. As far as we can speculate, guests will approach the rebel transport ship outdoors on Batuu. The ship conceals the entrance to the turntable. Once on board the “ship,” guests will feel like they’re flying into space and being picked up by a Star Destroyer. In reality, their cabin will have been rotated to face the inside of the attraction building. The door will open and guests will spill out into the Star Destroyer hangar, which is still part of the queue, according to our insiders. The load area is either in the hangar or beyond it, but not before it.

Either way, my original post was that the transport ship will take guests to the inner queue. So my statement still stands. How guests get into the other part of the attraction is still the mystery that we're all waiting for.

mickEblu

Loving the sound of this Q and set up for the ride. Us being “detained and queuing through the ranks of storm troopers” is genius. Great way to play off the fact that we ll be prisoners in that Q for a lonnnnng time.

Last edited:

George Lucas on a Bench

I really don't like the concept for the ride. Star Tours may be a screen, but the limitless concept of just exploring the universe and encountering different characters is better than just being on a ship fighting storm troopers.

SSG

This just popped up in permits:

BLD2018-03809 Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - BLD 10040/ Attraction #1 - Accessory Structure: Pre-fabricated prop vehicle for Attraction #1
This was just updated:

BLD2018-03809 Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - BLD 10040/ Attraction #1 - Accessory Structure: Pre-fabricated prop vehicle "Escape Pod" structure for Attraction #1

JediMasterMatt

Either way, my original post was that the transport ship will take guests to the inner queue. So my statement still stands. How guests get into the other part of the attraction is still the mystery that we're all waiting for.

It's relatively simple modern theme park 101 scenario: board transport on surface, take off, get pulled into the destroyer bay, exit transport into the clutches of the First Order, they process you into your LPS troop transport, adventure ensues...

Think of it as a modern day take on HM's stretching room to Doom Buggy. It's not much of an "inner queue" as it's not a great deal of time spent in this huge set.

It should be quite spectacular and I believe that everyone will agree the real ride starts with the transport up and not the LPS as it's going to be such a great reveal.

*sorry I haven't been posting much recently. Lot's of issues in the real world taking my attention. Heading to DLR at the end of the week and will get some news.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It's relatively simple modern theme park 101 scenario: board transport on surface, take off, get pulled into the destroyer bay, exit transport into the clutches of the First Order, they process you into your LPS troop transport, adventure ensues...

Think of it as a modern day take on HM's stretching room to Doom Buggy. It's not much of an "inner queue" as it's not a great deal of time spent in this huge set.

It should be quite spectacular and I believe that everyone will agree the real ride starts with the transport up and not the LPS as it's going to be such a great reveal.

*sorry I haven't been posting much recently. Lot's of issues in the real world taking my attention. Heading to DLR at the end of the week and will get some news.

I understand the concept, yes the HM is a good analogy that everyone has been using. But just like the portrait hallway is the "inner queue" for HM, I look at it as the destroyer bay is the "inner queue" for Battle Escape.

I'm sorry if everyone misunderstood what I was saying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom