• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Construction/Specifics

I'm a little confused as to how Orlando has that finished ship on top of their building when they're months behind on construction compared to Anaheim... Has Disneyland had the same themed installments? Am I the only one who maybe hasn't seen them?

BrianLo

Original Poster
I'm a little confused as to how Orlando has that finished ship on top of their building when they're months behind on construction compared to Anaheim... Has Disneyland had the same themed installments? Am I the only one who maybe hasn't seen them?
The building the ship rests on in question has always been surprisingly ahead of Anaheim's pace. Likely that won't actually factor in opening timeframes as the village elements are generally speaking the least labour and time intensive compared to the ride and rock work facades.

But this pace discrepancy has been evident for quite some time, I mentioned it back in March in the DHS thread...

While I believe the drone footage to be perhaps shot about 4 weeks ago in Disneyland, there are multiple legitimate village elements at DHS that are now ahead of DL in the construction cycle.

Ride and facade elements are behind on the typical 3 odd month timeframe still (probably the things that will actually be last to wrap up). Still, very interesting!

mickEblu

The building the ship rests on in question has always been surprisingly ahead of Anaheim's pace. Likely that won't actually factor in opening timeframes as the village elements are generally speaking the least labour and time intensive compared to the ride and rock work facades.

But this pace discrepancy has been evident for quite some time, I mentioned it back in March in the DHS thread...
Just a wild guess but it could be possible that TDO is holding off to see how TDA accomplishes some of the attraction stuff and in the meantime they re getting a head start elsewhere.

TROR

Saw this on a r/starwarsleaks and thought it was bringing up here as well.

The 77 is definitely a direct reference to 1977, the year Star Wars came out, but the 63 is a bit more ambiguous. This person who posted it had this to say

...I wondered what the "63" was for, then I found this -> “Director George Lucas was an admirer of the work of NFB experimental filmmaker Arthur Lipsett and has credited a conversation between Roman Kroitor and artificial intelligence pioneer Warren S. McCulloch, excerpted in Lipsett’s 1963 collage film ’21-87,’ as part of his inspiration.”

britain

But, I do concede the importance of the film 21-87. It’s where Lucas got the name ‘the Force’, it’s the source of Princess Leia’s jail cell number, and of course it’s Fin’s stormtrooper number.

Phrubruh

An extra poster you get with the new Thrawn Alliances book. I guess Padme was on Baatu at some point and Vader & Thrawn go there to investigate. A third of the book is suppose to be based there.

I think it’s ‘83’ with wear and tear on the 8. This way it doesn’t come off as an obvious ‘77- -83’ and could be mistaken for 63.
I could see it being an 83 as well, to coincide with RotJ release date.

Either way, 63 or 83, both are years important to Lucas. Both can be possible, and may be the point. We'll have to wait for a more closeup picture or wait to see it in-person. Its exciting....

Top Bottom