News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

nevol

New Fresh Baked. Antennas up on the manmade structure on the northeast corner of battle escape facade, overlooking the village. The landing pad/watch tower. I speculate that, given that they built it in full-scale and put a railing around it, they plan to have character actors up here, as the main point of protection for the resistance hideout from the first order which has invaded the main village of batuu. We don't know the scope of the gamification in star wars land yet, but it is possible even that guests would be able to access this area. Even if not, they wouldn't build an onstage area in full scale like that unless it was meant to be used by cast. Cast wouldn't be intentionally placed on stage unless it was part of the story world and we were meant to see them.

britain

New Fresh Baked. Antennas up on the manmade structure on the northeast corner of battle escape facade, overlooking the village. The landing pad/watch tower. I speculate that, given that they built it in full-scale and put a railing around it, they plan to have character actors up here, as the main point of protection for the resistance hideout from the first order which has invaded the main village of batuu. We don't know the scope of the gamification in star wars land yet, but it is possible even that guests would be able to access this area. Even if not, they wouldn't build an onstage area in full scale like that unless it was meant to be used by cast. Cast wouldn't be intentionally placed on stage unless it was part of the story world and we were meant to see them.

I like your ideas, but I'm pretty sure that railing is only knee high (for forced perspective):

1524687928519.png

nevol

I like your ideas, but I'm pretty sure that railing is only knee high (for forced perspective):

View attachment 280541
Grrrrrr speculation based on a conclusion based on a hallucination. Somewhere in that video I could have sworn I saw somebody up on that platform. It being full-scale and not forced perspective led me down this rabbit hole but now I can't find the moment in which I came to that conclusion. Keep you posted. Stay sober kids!

britain

Grrrrrr speculation based on a conclusion based on a hallucination. Somewhere in that video I could have sworn I saw somebody up on that platform. It being full-scale and not forced perspective led me down this rabbit hole but now I can't find the moment in which I came to that conclusion. Keep you posted. Stay sober kids!

When you find it, it may very well have construction workers with a proper waist-high railing, but that's probably just a temporary safety railing.

Old Mouseketeer

When you find it, it may very well have construction workers with a proper waist-high railing, but that's probably just a temporary safety railing.

No such thing anymore. All railings have to be 42" or else workers have to be tethered to work on the platform/balcony/whatever. Look at the upper levels of Buena Vista Street at DCA--the railings are out of scale with that level of the building. This is the new reality.

britain

No such thing anymore. All railings have to be 42" or else workers have to be tethered to work on the platform/balcony/whatever. Look at the upper levels of Buena Vista Street at DCA--the railings are out of scale with that level of the building. This is the new reality.

Well I'm referring to the very temporary railing that's just made of wires strung from scaffold pole to scaffold pole.

mickEblu

I mean from the front, looking at them from off-ride. Most guests don't really get the connection that Casey and Dumbo are from the same film. This is a chance to form a little Dumbo mini-land there.

I see what you mean. From the front it’s not as bothersome except for the hedge wall being gone.

Rich T

Sounds like a yawn fest to me. WRE and CB time has come and gone.
In their original forms/concepts, yes. (No one wants to see that proposed WRE "Rain Dance" scene or "Ha-ha, everyone's drunk" scene, these days.) But a really creative, insanely fun update full of thrills, great characters, music and masterful illusions? Heck, yeah!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom