News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

BrianLo

Original Poster
We haven’t heard much about the table service restaurant in SWL. Or will that be the cantina?

I think there is both a fancy table service, semi-dinner theatre. ?Cantina Plus a quick serve. I'm not sure if that photo of the pod racer engine fits into more of a BBQ for the quick serve option.

Plus the usual fare dressed up as street food in the marketplace.

I forget Disneyland is still dry, I can't imagine they limit alcohol to only the table service cantina.

Old Mouseketeer

I still want them to assign me to a row. I just want them to look better and smile a little when they do it. See: Tokyo Disneyland, or Anaheim circa 1975-1990.

Well, then hopefully you won't get the guy with the pegleg! (Although I'm not sure he's still around--I haven't seen him for a while.)

mickEblu

I think there is both a fancy table service, semi-dinner theatre. ?Cantina Plus a quick serve. I'm not sure if that photo of the pod racer engine fits into more of a BBQ for the quick serve option.

Plus the usual fare dressed up as street food in the marketplace.

I forget Disneyland is still dry, I can't imagine they limit alcohol to only the table service cantina.

This is the first I’ve heard of a dinner theatre? I’m pretty sure we can expect a quick serve. I was just unsure if the table service and cantina are the same thing.

dweezil78

I scrolled through pretty quickly, but from a glance that's quite a beer and wine list for a theme park. It's a shame the original magic kingdom is still dry.

Ha, should have read the rest of the thread. You beat me to it!

It is ridiculous DL is still totally dry. Every table service restaurant (w/ exception of Crystal Palace, which is buffet anyways) at WDW's Magic Kingdom now serves beer and wine. Be Our Guest was a trailblazer I guess! Still no hard liquor or any alcohol elsewhere at MK though... (for now!)

Old Mouseketeer

Ha, should have read the rest of the thread. You beat me to it!

It is ridiculous DL is still totally dry. Every table service restaurant (w/ exception of Crystal Palace, which is buffet anyways) at WDW's Magic Kingdom now serves beer and wine. Be Our Guest was a trailblazer I guess! Still no hard liquor or any alcohol elsewhere at MK though... (for now!)

I hadn't heard that MK had beer and wine outside of Be Our Guest, but I'm not surprised.

I expect this will become the norm at DL and MK: Beer and wine at table service and possibly buffeteria locations, no hard liquor, and no roaming outside the restaurant. One potential problem at DL is that French Market and Zocalo have tables outside any fence or railing.

dweezil78

I hadn't heard that MK had beer and wine outside of Be Our Guest, but I'm not surprised.

I expect this will become the norm at DL and MK: Beer and wine at table service and possibly buffeteria locations, no hard liquor, and no roaming outside the restaurant. One potential problem at DL is that French Market and Zocalo have tables outside any fence or railing.

Every other non-MK style park not only serves alcohol and hard liquor throughout (with all kinds of specialty drinks offered at each restaurant/stand), but many even have multiple dedicated lounge/bar areas. Even Animal Kingdom!!! Drunk guests are not an issue, there's really no reason to continue with this tradition at the MK style parks. IMO they should be treated the same as all the others.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So are both Star Wars lands exactly the same in both parks?

They're both roughly 14 acres. DL's SWL is more rectangular while DHS's is more round-blobby.

The walkable space by guests may differ by about half an acre since DHS's SWL is carving out some space with an extra thick berm for a possible future attraction.

But as referred to above, DL's has an extra entrance/exit with wooded pathway which has nothing to do with SW, but, apparently, for some, is the most important part of the land. 🙄

britain

I love these construction updates by Yensid 55. At the end of this video (starting at 22:20) you can see a crane lift segments of the interior hallway of the Millennium Falcon! Very cool!

I know! How does he manage to be there always at just the right time to catch these things!?

Hmm... and once again, Clark is nowhere to be found as usual. :cautious:

1519140308394.png

Last edited:

PB Watermelon

It’s interesting because aside from Blue milk and Rey’s bread, I can’t recall any other food in the Star Wars saga. So they can really take the menu in any direction they want. BBQ seems to make the most sense though.

Aunt Beru's Vegetable Smoothie (Star Wars)
Yoda's Dagobah Gruel, Bad-Tasting R2, Luke's Grain Bar, Lando's Cloud City Betrayal Banquet (Empire Strikes Back)
Giant Predatory Toad, Jabba's Boiled Amphibian Slider, Chewie's Endor Raw Animal Meat ("Always thinking with your stomach."), Flame-Broiled Solo, Rancor's Raw Pig-Guard Face Sandwich, Almighty Sarlacc Pit Burrito* (Return of the Jedi)
Jar-Jar's Mos Espa Amphibian On a Rope, Shmi's Veggie and Fruit Platter (The Phantom Menace)
Anakin's Floating Force Fruit, Dexter's Diner, Young Humans Served as Arena Food for Giant Bull/Cat/Praying Mantis (Attack of the Clones)
Anakin's Tears of Regret served with Crispy Sith Bacon Skin (j/k, I don't remember anybody eating anything in Revenge of the Sith)
Unkar Plutt's 1/4 Portion of Insta-Bread-Pretzels Stuffed With Ham and Cheese for $10.00, Pork Shank for $7.50 (The Force Awakens)
Giant Walrus Fresh Boobie Milk, Chewie's Porg-on-a-Stick (The Last Jedi)

*warning: takes 1,000 years to digest

Last edited:

Phroobar

Aunt Beru's Vegetable Smoothie (Star Wars)
Yoda's Dagobah Gruel, Bad-Tasting R2, Luke's Grain Bar, Lando's Cloud City Betrayal Banquet (Empire Strikes Back)
Giant Predatory Toad, Jabba's Boiled Amphibian Slider, Chewie's Endor Raw Animal Meat ("Always thinking with your stomach."), Flame-Broiled Solo, Rancor's Raw Pig-Guard Face Sandwich, Almighty Sarlacc Pit Burrito* (Return of the Jedi)
Jar-Jar's Mos Espa Amphibian On a Rope, Shmi's Veggie and Fruit Platter (The Phantom Menace)
Anakin's Floating Force Fruit, Dexter's Diner, Young Humans Served as Arena Food for Giant Bull/Cat/Praying Mantis (Attack of the Clones)
Anakin's Tears of Regret served with Crispy Sith Bacon Skin (j/k, I don't remember anybody eating anything in Revenge of the Sith)
Unkar Plutt's 1/4 Portion of Insta-Bread-Pretzels Stuffed With Ham and Cheese for $10.00, Pork Shank for $7.50 (The Force Awakens)
Giant Walrus Fresh Boobie Milk, Chewie's Porg-on-a-Stick (The Last Jedi)

*warning: takes 1,000 years to digest
Gosh, all I wanted was a Han Burger and Yoda Soda. Maybe a Maize Windu on a stick.

Anyone know when Java the Hutt will open?

Star-Wars-Food-Puns-56fe08154c7c3__880.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom