News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Phroobar

I've wondered the exact same thing. It's terrifying to think about really. :arghh:

The Golden Age was really 1999 to 2003, when we had the likes of Cynthia Harriss and PRESSLER! to talk about. And with Al Lutz dishing the dirt and juicy gossip, and hilarious online cheerleader's like "Marcie" over on Mouseinfo or Jon Nadelberg over on LP trying to spin it all as if DCA was a big hit and everything was just fine. It was hysterically funny back in those days, and filled with huge amounts of BS and drama!

Things today are far more polite and far more bland.
My favorite was our "what does DCA stand for? " thread - Don't Come Again.

mickEblu

Anyone else think the Predictions for Star Wars Land and How it will break DLR is being kind of blown out of proportion? I look at it like the gym. A bunch of new people sign up in January to meet their New Years resolutions and by March it’s the same old people at the gym. Except in this case I think “January” is Star Wars opening date and “March” is about 12-18 months after it opens.

I know there are a lot of Star Wars fans out there. But the question is, of those fans, how many are likely to visit SWL More than 1-2 to times in a given year? Another thing to consider, how many of them are already APs or visit Disneyland 1-2 times a year anyway? I don’t see SWL as a huge draw for foreign tourists and the fact that a near identical copy exists in Florida means that DLR doesn’t have to shoulder all of the demand stateside. Are some thinking that SWL will create a lot more demand for APs? As we ve already seen with the So Cal AP, Disney has a cap on the numbers of APs they are willing to have for each tier.

SSG

Anyone else think the Predictions for Star Wars Land and How it will break DLR is being kind of blown out of proportion? I look at it like the gym. A bunch of new people sign up in January to meet their New Years resolutions and by March it’s the same old people at the gym. Except in this case I think “January” is Star Wars opening date and “March” is about 12-18 months after it opens.

I know there are a lot of Star Wars fans out there. But the question is, of those fans, how many are likely to visit SWL More than 1-2 to times in a given year? Another thing to consider, how many of them are already APs or visit Disneyland 1-2 times a year anyway? I don’t see SWL as a huge draw for foreign tourists and the fact that a near identical copy exists in Florida means that DLR doesn’t have to shoulder all of the demand stateside. Are some thinking that SWL will create a lot more demand for APs? As we ve already seen with the So Cal AP, Disney has a cap on the numbers of APs they are willing to have for each tier.
Yup. It was the same with CarsLand. Totally packed for a while and people were saying to not go for 5-6 months. I went about 6 weeks after it opened and didn't have much trouble seeing and doing everything.

Last edited:

TP2000

Yup. It was the same with CarsLand. Totally packed for a while and people were saying to not go for 5-6 months. I went about 6 weeks after it opened and didn't much trouble seeing and doing everything.

But six weeks after it opened all the lower level AP's were blocked out for the summer. :cool:

I agree that the predictions of Crowdpocalypse are probably overblown. There will probably be a staggered series of preview days with pre-reserved tickets for AP's, CM's and media. But there will also have to be a big cheesy media event as the Grand Opening, especially because Disneyland's will be opening first and has more room and space and was the designers first choice in layout.

Assuming it opens April, 2019, a few months later in July, 2019 when all the AP's are blocked out and it's mainly just tourists, I think there will be days when it will be like any normal busy summer day. Except now Disneyland will have two new mega E Tickets and 14 extra acres of shops and restaurants and space to help soak up those crowds.

But for that first year or two when there are no AP blockouts on some of those days... watch out.

Phroobar

It's false. Both lands are the same size.

Continually stating otherwise doesnt magically make it true.
WillyWonkaWrongMeme.jpg

DHS is missing a huge lead up to the buildings. All buildings are the same size but closer together at DHS.

TP2000

just love thinking that, don't you?

I don't know that I "love" it, but it's something I found interesting when looking at the various aerial photographs. It also helps explain why they went with the Disneyland layout for the model at D23 Expo, because it's bigger and has more space to impress the fans who crowded around the model for an hour at a time.

TP2000

It's false. Both lands are the same size.

Continually stating otherwise doesnt magically make it true.

They may both end up being exactly 14 acres. But there's obviously some noticeable differences in land use between the two. There's already a huge chunk of land missing from the DHS version, with MuppetVision smooshed up (that's an architectural engineering term) right next to the Stormtrooper ride.

Where the DSH version makes up for that missing land is unknown. There also appears to be less space on the other side of the DHS version too, but we'll save that for 2018 when more aerial photographs come in.

Mike S

They may both end up being exactly 14 acres. But there's obviously some noticeable differences in land use between the two. There's already a huge chunk of land missing from the DHS version, with MuppetVision smooshed up (that's an architectural engineering term) right next to the Stormtrooper ride.

Where the DSH version makes up for that missing land is unknown. There also appears to be less space on the other side of the DHS version too, but we'll save that for 2018 when more aerial photographs come in.
Is that “missing land” actual guest areas or backstage/berm at Disneyland? And by guest areas I mean the actual Star Wars Land, not paths leading to it.

If it’s the latter,
264.jpg

Except for idiots that want to feel superior, of course.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
WillyWonkaWrongMeme.jpg

DHS is missing a huge lead up to the buildings. All buildings are the same size but closer together at DHS.

The land itself is the same size on both coasts.

Any other discussion regarding SWL size should require a tin foil hat before proceeding.

TROR

The land itself is the same size on both coasts.

Any other discussion regarding SWL size should require a tin foil hat before proceeding.

Star Wars Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland is bigger.
Mission Breakout was a money laundering scheme.
Bob Chapek is a Universal executive who has infiltrated the Walt Disney Company.

maxresdefault.jpg

vancee

Star Wars Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland is bigger.
Mission Breakout was a money laundering scheme.
Bob Chapek is a Universal executive who has infiltrated the Walt Disney Company.

maxresdefault.jpg
While I️ don’t agree, your comment gave me a good laugh. (and those symbols are meant to be “eye”, really need to update my iPhone to fix this bug lol).

BrianLo

Original Poster
First, for the millionth time It does not matter...

Comparing the borders of the land (beyond the tunnels), Disneyland’s physical guest accessible acreage is slightly bigger. I know why people are vehemently saying it is not, because content will be practically identical. However, technically, it’s not accurate to claim the guest accessible acreage is the same.

I feel like people care way too much about this, on BOTH sides of the ing contest. I personally find it amusing, but for goodness sake guys, it’s a silly statistic.

spacemt354

Chili's
First, for the millionth time It does not matter...

Comparing the borders of the land (beyond the tunnels), Disneyland’s physical guest accessible acreage is slightly bigger. I know why people are vehemently saying it is not, because content will be practically identical. However, technically, it’s not accurate to claim the guest accessible acreage is the same.

I feel like people care way too much about this, on BOTH sides of the ****ing contest. I personally find it amusing, but for goodness sake guys, it’s a silly statistic.
I dont really care about it, because it is the same land with the same offerings on both coasts.

There really isnt anything to discuss after that. If others want to continue peddling frivolous theories and irrelevant stats, that is their prerogative.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom