News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

No Name

They're also giving out significantly fewer fastpasses for Flight of Passage compared to other attractions. I don't exactly know why, but that probably keeps the standby time down a bit.

Wonder if they'll do something similar for SWL.

TP2000

Pirates and HM are around 3,000 but I would assume it varies for DL given the different ride lengths and number of vehicles on ride.

Won't differ at all; two boats carrying 22 people each leaving the station every 20 seconds carries the same amount of people regardless of whether the ride they are going on is 8 minutes long (WDW Pirates) or 15 minutes long (Disneyland Pirates). The amount of people carried through that 8 or 15 minute long ride is the same per hour.

The only difference is the amount of people on the ride at any one time, owing to more flume and more boats at Disneyland's version for example.

That said, if these two Star Wars Land rides are anywhere in the 1500 to 1800 riders per hour range, the lines will be atrocious for a decade or more and WDI has failed yet again at their key job of building facilities to host paying customers. WDI was brilliant at being a good host to large amounts of people in the 1960's and 70's, but in the 21st century they build cutesy boutique ride systems that are more suitable to the attendance of a small regional amusement park rather than mega-resorts that have 20+ Million paying customers per year.

WDI is the most to blame for this, but the clueless execs in TDA who don't care about the paying peasants waiting in Standby are also to blame.

spacemt354

Chili's
Won't differ at all; two boats carrying 22 people each leaving the station every 20 seconds carries the same amount of people regardless of whether the ride they are going on is 8 minutes long (WDW Pirates) or 15 minutes long (Disneyland Pirates). The amount of people carried through that 8 or 15 minute long ride is the same per hour.

The only difference is the amount of people on the ride at any one time, owing to more flume and more boats at Disneyland's version for example.
That's what I said. Number of vehicles on ride. The length allows for a greater possibility of more vehicles on the attraction at a time, hence more capacity. But let's say a boat holds 24 guests and they decide to run 10 boats on a 5,000 foot ride, and 15 boats on a 4,000 foot ride, the 4,000 foot ride has more capacity.
That said, if these two Star Wars Land rides are anywhere in the 1500 to 1800 riders per hour range, the lines will be atrocious for a decade or more and WDI has failed yet again at their key job of building facilities to host paying customers. WDI was brilliant at being a good host to large amounts of people in the 1960's and 70's, but in the 21st century they build cutesy boutique ride systems that are more suitable to the attendance of a small regional amusement park rather than mega-resorts that have 20+ Million paying customers per year.

WDI is the most to blame for this, but the clueless execs in TDA who don't care about the paying peasants waiting in Standby are also to blame.
I'd be very surprised if it actually ended up being 1,500ish for both. For the simulator I could see it but for the dark ride, I'd be shocked with anything less than 2,000 per hour. It would be a nightmare of operations.

c-one

One nitpick: the old Living Seas hydrolaters (may they Rest In Peace) and the WDW stretching room aren't really rides, just rooms that look like they move. The poor hydrolaters got unceremoniously knocked out as walls during the Nemo transition. (I think the same is true of the Gringotts elevators?)

mickEblu

My take on this since construction started is that the entirety of the queue will take place at Galaxy's Edge. You will then board a Star Tours-like simulator RV that will transport you to space. You will disembark the simulator RV in the large hanger space and then be forced to board the First Order Fleet Transport by Stormtroopers and sent deeper into the ship for the majority of the attraction.

At some point in the queue, guests will be divided into groups able to fit on the simulator RV, which will then separate into three (?) smaller groups for the trackless RVs. The Star Tours-like RVs would be on a turntable to keep the queue moving, with riders riding from the 9 o'clock position to the 12 o'clock position counter-clockwise. This keeps things moving swiftly, and would eliminate the need for a second queue after the first RV...keeps the storytelling from slowing down and pulses guests into the larger hanger space to board the second RV.

View attachment 241796

This sounds pretty amazing and ambitious. Not so much an attraction but an experience if you will. I'm not sure about the First order fleet transport though. That might make it too much boarding and debordinf and they can kind of accomplish the same thing by walking us through the queue with a few storm troopers.

mickEblu

Wait a minute. Why would AT ATs be on a star destroyer? Does this mean we see them as part of the queue before we re on the actual ride in the star destroyer? I guess they won't be blasting at us then.

Jones14

What’s the capacity of Ratatouille? I think that’ll give us a ballpark, although Battle Escape should actually be a little higher, given the eight riders per vehicle configuration against Rat’s six.

EricsBiscuit

What’s the capacity of Ratatouille? I think that’ll give us a ballpark, although Battle Escape should actually be a little higher, given the eight riders per vehicle configuration against Rat’s six.
Rat has 2300 per hour and has 6 per vehicle. The ride vehicle for BE has 8. The MF attraction will have about 2000 per hour because of the turntable ride system.

Last edited:

britain

I’m beginning to accept that this whole attraction will essentially be on a star destroyer. There won’t be any travels to any other type of planet. (I was hoping, but c’est la vie.) It will essentially be a tribute to the middle third of A New Hope which was trying to escape from the Death Star. Several of the other films that came afterward had similar homages.

There was a time that I was hoping for a Universe of Energy scale (45 min) attraction that would only take you to a star destroyer, but to take you to places like Degobah, and then to Hoth... etc.

I might be wrong, let’s hope I’m wrong, but I can live with an all industrial, cold, First Order experience.

spacemt354

Chili's
Wait a minute. Why would AT ATs be on a star destroyer? Does this mean we see them as part of the queue before we re on the actual ride in the star destroyer? I guess they won't be blasting at us then.
From the Last Jedi trailer -- I would imagine this image is on a Star Destroyer (and you can see the AT-ATs in the back set up really similarly to what we've seen from construction photos)
star-wars-the-last-jedi-first-order-army-imperial.png

TP2000

Here's some recent aerials from the Florida Project (Star Wars Land, not EPCOT).

Since I still haven't been able to find a teenage kid willing to fly a drone for us over Disneyland for 50 bucks and a large pizza, we'll have to rely on the fairly regular flyovers of the WDW version of this project. :rolleyes: All photos from the excellent Bioreconstruct and their Twitter feed. https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Interesting to see some of the first "out buildings" being constructed beyond the two big E Ticket warehouses. I assume this same structure is being built in Anaheim too.
DNvnYhJWAAE567O.jpg:large

Also interesting how closely the Star Wars buildings nestle in next to Muppets and the exotic and glamorous environs of "present day downtown Los Angeles" (watch your step over that meth addict in the gutter, folks!) as displayed on the new Grand Avenue at DHS. Yellow arrow points to the curved tunnel entrance from Grand Avenue/Muppets Courtyard.
DNvkSrgVAAAxtdO.jpg:large

Goodbye Los Angeles and Miss Piggy, hello Galaxy's Edge!
DNvpGdwWkAA4etw.jpg:large

Here's the Toy Story and Star Wars projects together. Interesting land use!
DNvbAg0UIAAZnIv.jpg:large

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom