News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

mickEblu

My daughter and I rode it Friday for the first time in a couple of years, we both enjoyed it. I don't see them moving it but can see them re-theming it should Frozen take over.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit is one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time so I hope they don't get rid of it. I think that In TDAs eyes, RRCTS is completely expendable especially if it means bringing in the Frozen cash cow. Losing the second best themed queue at the park would be a shame though.

What they really need to do is add some projections etc like they did to Alice and a Judge Doom AA.

EDIT: oh looks like I misinterpreted what you said by "moving it" and didn't read the rest of the sentence.

Last edited:

Curious Constance

Who Framed Roger Rabbit is one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time so I hope they don't get rid of it. I think that In TDAs eyes, RRCTS is completely expendable especially if it means bringing in the Frozen cash cow. Losing the second best themed queue at the park would be a shame though.

What they really need to do is add some projections etc like they did to Alice and a Judge Doom AA.

EDIT: oh looks like I misinterpreted what you said by "moving it" and didn't read the rest of the sentence.
You like to list things in chronological order don't you?

Exomonia

Is that after Indiana Jones? I agree - they are (currently) the two best themed queues.

mickEblu

Lists are kind of my specialty. That and budgets. You can imagine how fun I must be at parties.

Hahah. Although I shouldn't be laughing. I've been to the park so many times I find myself wondering things like "how many rooms are in IASW." My wife has been asking me all types of crazy questions lately... like how many boats are running on POTC at the same time. To my family I am a Disneyland guru and it's getting harder and harder to live up to that reputation.

D

Deleted member 107043

I have a feeling there are going to be more...perhaps some on the B.E. building. Those might just be the tallest or most ready for prep?

I certainly hope so. It's kind of odd that they would build a single set of rock structures instead of building them all at once. Like you said they might be waiting for BE building to reach a certain construction phase before erecting them. I need to go look at photos of the model and refresh my memory.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I certainly hope so. It's kind of odd that they would build a single set of rock structures instead of building them all at once. Like you said they might be waiting for BE building to reach a certain construction phase before erecting them. I need to go look at photos of the model and refresh my memory.
I think there will be more :)
star-wars-land-model-disney-world-disneyland-205.jpg

TP2000

So there are going to more mountain peaks than just those that are being worked on right now, right? Why do I get the sense that this is it?

EDIT: Oops, @HatboxGhostbuster got there before me! :D

Don't worry, they are working from right to left. The Stormtrooper ride hasn't had any of its exterior skin applied yet.

A reminder of what the full model looks like, with the tallest mountain peaks on the right the first to begin construction...
star-wars-land-model-disney-world-disneyland-205.jpg

This entire section of the land, which covers the massive Stormtrooper ride on the western half of the land, hasn't even begun to see its mountains and exterior be applied yet as they continue to work on enclosing and buttoning up the ride building itself.
ct-disney-star-wars-lands-galaxys-edge-20170717

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom